Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,698,700 times

Advertisements

Please keep it PG guys!

I met my first love at the age of sweet sixteen. We shared a common love of Beatles music. Although, I first was not very attracted to him. Funny, because I fell and loved him so deeply later that it actually hurt!!

Okay guys, there is a little of my first love experience. Don't leave me all alone in this thing. Spill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,553 times
I was 16 and he drove a brown Comet jacked up in the back. It was a love affair that spanned about 6 weeks in April-May, 1975 during which he told me the bees flew around me because I was sweet, and we spent hours making out in his car, but not going much further. He called me Critter and could make amazingly realistic airhorn sounds and gave me a necklace with a turtle pendant that I still have. We broke up over some stupid reason, but dated later on and off. What makes me not pine for him still (other than the fact that I'm happily married ) is that I found out how incredibly racist he was.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:00 PM

Thumbs up Better off w/out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I was 16 and he drove a brown Comet jacked up in the back. It was a love affair that spanned about 6 weeks in April-May, 1975 during which he told me the bees flew around me because I was sweet, and we spent hours making out in his car, but not going much further. He called me Critter and could make amazingly realistic airhorn sounds and gave me a necklace with a turtle pendant that I still have. We broke up over some stupid reason, but dated later on and off. What makes me not pine for him still (other than the fact that I'm happily married ) is that I found out how incredibly racist he was.

Definitely a deal breaker in my book!!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadybug View Post

Definitely a deal breaker in my book!!
Really? I'm not saying it's a wonderful quality by any means, but being a deal-breaker seems a bit excessive to me...

Old 06-25-2008, 03:29 PM

14 posts, read 38,452 times
Its sad because I'm still waiting for that first true love....I hope I get it soon

Old 06-25-2008, 03:47 PM

33 posts, read 97,012 times
I met my first love when I was 15 almost 16 and we were together for a year and a half. I thought he was a little goofy looking (a little chubby, curly hair haha) but we just started hanging out as friends and he was the funniest person I have seriously ever met. We finally had aout 1st kiss and after that we were inseprable. We celebrated every months anniversary and I remember for out 3 month anniversary he took me to Olive Garden and gave me a pink pearl necklace from hawaii. It was the cutest thing ever.

The thing I think that I miss the most about him was he was one of those guys that actually do those little things that are so important to us women. He gave me a diamond ring on our 6 month anniversary and a diamond necklace about a year later. Its not about what he gave me but about the fact that he put so much thought about what he gave me.

Your 1st love will always have a special place in your heart and I still care very deeply for him. All I want is for him to find someone who means MORE to him than I did and someone who truly loves him for the amazing person that he is.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixgyal View Post
its Sad Because I'm Still Waiting For That First True Love....i Hope I Get It Soonhttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/matrixgyal/smilies/sm6.gif (broken link)

yes, Hopefully Soon!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:56 PM

How old are you matrixgyal?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondesexlove View Post
I met my first love when I was 15 almost 16 and we were together for a year and a half. I thought he was a little goofy looking (a little chubby, curly hair haha) but we just started hanging out as friends and he was the funniest person I have seriously ever met. We finally had aout 1st kiss and after that we were inseprable. We celebrated every months anniversary and I remember for out 3 month anniversary he took me to Olive Garden and gave me a pink pearl necklace from hawaii. It was the cutest thing ever.

The thing I think that I miss the most about him was he was one of those guys that actually do those little things that are so important to us women. He gave me a diamond ring on our 6 month anniversary and a diamond necklace about a year later. Its not about what he gave me but about the fact that he put so much thought about what he gave me.

Your 1st love will always have a special place in your heart and I still care very deeply for him. All I want is for him to find someone who means MORE to him than I did and someone who truly loves him for the amazing person that he is.

Now that is TRUE LOVE!!

Old 06-25-2008, 04:04 PM

Well i really did love him! Its funny because some people seem to think that 15, 16 and even 17 year olds have no idea what "true" love is, but its just like that expression "when it happens.. you'll know." To this day is he needed something and he had no where else to go, I would be there in a heart beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships