Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:58 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,607,385 times

Advertisements

Lets see, you have a shiny car and because of this you think your g/f may be materialistic because you have a shiny car and she likes you. Yep makes sense to me LOL - Sorry just kidding.....
Now, with that said, here are my personal experiences with gold digging women and yes, I used to be one before I got smart and realized what relationships were really about.
I would only date guys with well paying jobs, drove nice cars, had a lot of class, spent their money freely and constantly wined and dined me.
Even if they thought they could get away with not spending money on me, I wiggled it out of them anyway. I always would hint around to spend money in some way.
Immature? Yes definitely but I was a young stupid girl, what can I say? Now, I'm a fantastic older woman and would never dream of playing such games.

I think if you are concerned that she is after your money, then you need to not flaunt it. Typically I find people who flaunt their wealth / earnings, etc have low self esteem and do it for attention, so if you are finding that you are questioning your girlfriends tactics, take a look in the mirror and think about what I said.

I think you sound young and unsure of a lot of things. A lot of young men have nice cars and still live at home with Mom in the basement. Just because you are buying a shiny car doesn't mean every girl wants you. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 12:01 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,411,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
How can I tell if she is materialistic?

what are some "signs"?

That's a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: This does not pertain to me. I was just wondering. I was thinking about buying a black "shinny" Acura RL. I hope I don't attract gold diggers............it's a nice ass car.
Isn't that a question YOU need to answer? My definition of materialistic means nothing. It's yours that matters. Does she seem materialistic to you?

Why don't you buy a grungy old impala instead. Then you're sure to not attract gold diggers.

BTW, if you're impressed with shiney new cars, you're probably going to attract women who are too.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,577,086 times
If she climbs all over the car on her hands and knees and keeps saying...

"We LIKES it, my Preciousssssssss...yesssss...pretty shiniesssss......"

...you can be pretty sure she's materialistic.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,809,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
If she climbs all over the car on her hands and knees and keeps saying...

"We LIKES it, my Preciousssssssss...yesssss...pretty shiniesssss......"

...you can be pretty sure she's materialistic.
And if she gets THAT excited over an Acura, it's a pretty good bet that you will be able to afford her *ahem* "tastes"...

http://bestsmileys.com/eek/3.gif (broken link)

Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,411,913 times
OT, but were'd you get this guy? http://bestsmileys.com/eek/3.gif (broken link)He's not on my smiley list.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:28 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,005,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good grief... and what if you had...?
Hehehe... no worries on that one. That's okay, I think I asked him if he wore a pinky ring.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,809,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
OT, but were'd you get this guy? http://bestsmileys.com/eek/3.gif (broken link)He's not on my smiley list.
BestSmileys.com (http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm - broken link)

Old 06-26-2008, 04:30 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,676,478 times
Watch her eyes as you pull a c-note out of your wallet. Do her pupils dilate? If so that's a bad sign. If her knees get farther apart, that's even worse. (I got almost NO hen-pecking with the first comment, thought I would try again)

Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,868,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
How can I tell if she is materialistic?

what are some "signs"?

That's a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: This does not pertain to me. I was just wondering. I was thinking about buying a black "shinny" Acura RL. I hope I don't attract gold diggers............it's a nice ass car.
Where I live is awash in dozens of Acuras - now earlier this week I saw a Maserati on the way home from work.

Now that's a gold-digger's car...

Old 06-26-2008, 04:43 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,369,553 times
soooooo, one could argue that you are materialistic because you need a shiney new car, yet are being hypocritical because you don't want to attract people who are materialistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships