Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:53 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times

Advertisements

How can I tell if she is materialistic?

what are some "signs"?

That's a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: This does not pertain to me. I was just wondering. I was thinking about buying a black "shinny" Acura RL. I hope I don't attract gold diggers............it's a nice ass car.

Last edited by Ron.; 06-26-2008 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 09:57 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Is she female? (I'm about to get hen-pecked to death)

Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM

ooooo-we. You're asking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post

Old 06-26-2008, 10:23 AM

271 posts, read 1,061,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post

oooooo......my friend, you asking for trouble.

Chicago.......if you are asking this question, i'm assuming you are already getting a sign that she may be materialistic?

Has she said or done something that is making you question this?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,187 times
When I first met my husband, one of the things he asked me was if I had an eye-lash curler. Apparently, that was one of his criteria to judge if someone is high maintenance.

Materialism's usually pretty easy to spot. Like fresno said, if you're asking, you must be getting some kind of sign.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:28 AM

Actually, it's a general question. It does not pertain to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
oooooo......my friend, you asking for trouble.

Chicago.......if you are asking this question, i'm assuming you are already getting a sign that she may be materialistic?

Has she said or done something that is making you question this?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
When I first met my husband, one of the things he asked me was if I had an eye-lash curler. Apparently, that was one of his criteria to judge if someone is high maintenance.
Good grief... and what if you had...?

Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Actually, it's a general question. It does not pertain to me.

You know, that's not necessarly easy to answer, what one person may consider materialistic another may not.

But usually i think a person can tell if one is or not. It's kinda like a woman can tell the difference between a confident man and a cocky man, you just pick up on it............just like a woman who likes to look good all the time and get her nails done and hair done and wear expensive clothes can be mistaken for a high maintance woman, when indeed she's just a woman who cares about her looks.......make sense?........I know we're a complicated species.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:37 AM

Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochick View Post
You know, that's not necessarly easy to answer, what one person may consider materialistic another may not.

But usually i think a person can tell if one is or not. It's kinda like a woman can tell the difference between a confident man and a cocky man, you just pick up on it............just like a woman who likes to look good all the time and get her nails done and hair done and wear expensive clothes can be mistaken for a high maintance woman, when indeed she's just a woman who cares about her looks.......make sense?........I know we're a complicated species.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
How can I tell if she is materialistic?

what are some "signs"?

That's a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: This does not pertain to me. I was just wondering. I was thinking about buying a black "shinny" Acura RL. I hope I don't attract gold diggers............it's a nice ass car.
OK........yes, i love this car two........but seriously, i think it'll take more than an Acura to attract a "Gold Digger"...........but you will deffinately get some hotties looking your way. Now, if you we're talking about Cadilac, corvette, BMW.......then, yeah you might be attracting a few gold diggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships