Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
Here is my view of a loser:

1. A person who does not take care of themself, financially, hygenically etc.

2. A person who shows little or no interest in any person's well-being (including parents and such)

3. A person who is irresponsible and has children and fails to take care of them and fails to teach them right from wrong.

4. A person who claims to be in a monogamous, but runs around behind the other persons back. Or a person who claims to be interested in marriage, but really is not.

5. A person who feeds off of other people instead of carrying their own weight.

These can be either male or female. You don't have to be a guy to be a loser!
- Miss Martha -

did you borrow your screan name from Geraldine Page's character in the 1969 Clint Eastwood movie, The Beguiled? or is it just a coincidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 09:44 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Darn, I generally don't do individual stocks, but this stuff looks tempting. Isn't there a Sex Toys Mutual Fund?
I'm sure there is. My advice as an investor is to diversify, you should have several in your portfolio. And don't wait too long, jump on that wagon while it's still hot, stocks are rising right now.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
the "virtuous" woman is intelligent, accomplished, independent, astute at business, and well respected in the community.
If she is intelligent, accomplished, independent, astute at business, and well-respected in the community, why would she settle for a man who has no interest in giving gifts, spending money on her, or getting married, but just wants to get laid? The woman who is intelligent accomplished, independent, astute at business, and well respected in the community is not going to settle for anything less than someone who is mature, generous, committed, and willing to treat her with the respect she deserves.

Nothing in the opening post shows respect for a woman, or women in general, at all.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Darn, I generally don't do individual stocks, but this stuff looks tempting. Isn't there a Sex Toys Mutual Fund?
Oh, and don't forget the "pocket pus*y" which is the small size portable version. Honest to god, a guy told me about it, he was going to go get one.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
Oh, and don't forget the "pocket pus*y" which is the small size portable version. Honest to god, a guy told me about it, he was going to go get one.
Yeah, it IS time for the end of the world... as we know it... or whatever...

Old 07-04-2008, 07:57 AM

450 posts, read 1,059,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
If she is intelligent, accomplished, independent, astute at business, and well-respected in the community, why would she settle for a man who has no interest in giving gifts, spending money on her, or getting married, but just wants to get laid? The woman who is intelligent accomplished, independent, astute at business, and well respected in the community is not going to settle for anything less than someone who is mature, generous, committed, and willing to treat her with the respect she deserves.

Nothing in the opening post shows respect for a woman, or women in general, at all.
I think it was an attempt at humor tinged with perhaps a bit of cynicism from a failed relationship. What is really scary is getting back into the "relationship game" at my age (57). The women have so much baggage from failed relationships, been dumped on so many times (perceived or actual) by men, that a decent (but imperfect) guy doesn't stand a chance (very generally speaking). In our increasingly feminized culture, men are afraid to act like men so women try to take the reins. Women from other cultures are appealing because they willingly allow men to lead their household not follow the woman. In a classical sense, it is love (sacrificing self) and submission.
Unfortunately, modern culture has made "submission" a dirty word. Our secularism has made us far too ego centered, in short nobody gives a damn about anybody else.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Let's translate "loser" from women-speak into English.

"Loser" in woman-speak simply means a man who is smart enough to do things that are in HIS best interest.

What are you're thoughts?
My guess is after having read several of your posts in other threads, is that you have heard this pronouncement on more then one occasion AND as a result took the time to come up with this list.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:12 AM

272 posts, read 620,921 times
You're hilarious, Ron. Hell, the comments you get here remind me of those I receive on AskMen.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
The women have so much baggage from failed relationships, been dumped on so many times (perceived or actual) by men, that a decent (but imperfect) guy doesn't stand a chance (very generally speaking).
And men don't, I take it...

Old 07-21-2008, 07:53 PM

229 posts, read 348,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. No anger or bitterness at all. I am a beautiful intelligent woman who doesn't want children. I also feel that women are the equal of men, so there is no need to take a subservient role in a relationship. And I take exception to being called an abortion lover. I feel that it's my personal right to have an abortion if I want one, however thanks to good birth control, I've never needed to correct the situation. I am not an abortion lover, but not an abortion hater. Abortion is just a medical procedure. I have more worth than a fetus.

As to having babies, there is no shortage of babies or children to adopt in this world so there is no need to consciously make more of them. There are too many human beings on this planet by several billion. Because we are overpopulated with human beings, the overall human quality of life on this planet is lower. If we didn't have so many humans on this planet, we wouldn't be having these current worldly issues of a lack of clean drinking water, food or fuel. We wouldn't be having a global warming crisis either. And because there are so many people on this planet, jobs are going overseas as other countries undercut us in labor costs and the cost of goods in order to get our business.
Wow! Excellent statements. I am a man. I have a girlfriend that is quite independent. I personally feel that the type of man that wants the lame and subservient housewife is just a bit insecure and feels somewhat less than a man. I am a strong and independent person myself and find it very satisfying to have a girlfriend who feels this way. I want to be with a person and not an object. But, I am strong enough and confident enough that I do not feel threatened. The world is intensely overpopulated and definitely does cause the problems you mentioned. I hope that more women come to feel as you do. It is amazing to have a confident woman and not a slave. My relationship, as I am sure your own does, contains actual discussion and equality. Maybe there is hope for turning around chauvenists yet. I do not think many realize how much better such a view makes one's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships