Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:43 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
If I could magically have my way, I would want a man within the range of 5 years older. Younger - maybe a year or two younger - that's it!

My husband is 7 years older than me
You sounded pretty excited about that last part. [img]http://******************/angel-smiley-8446.gif[/img]

After hanging out w/ some lower 20 year-olds over the weekend, I think I want to change my vote from 3-6 years younger than me to just about 21.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 AM

275 posts, read 686,944 times
good personality and well being then that's good enough for me as long as she isn't 6 years older or teenager. i like them matured enough, in mental terms

Old 11-14-2008, 10:23 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
I like'em both. No specific reasons. I can have fun with all of the above......

IF I were to get married she would have to be at least 10 years younger, minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
How old is too old? How young is too you? Pros and cons for either? I am just curious. I have dated men anywhere from 6 years younger to 15 years older. My husband is one year older than me...which works out great!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
No older than 28, it's all downhill after that. And as far as how young, well I go by two sayings: "If she's old enough to pee, she's old enough for mee!" and "If there's grass on the field, play ball!"

haha, just joking.

In all seriousness, I like girls who are a bit older, their maturity and greater understanding makes them more pleasant to converse with on so many levels, in general. But looks-wise I prefer younger girls, I would date any legal girl 18 or above if we had enough in common. That's hard to imagine in most cases, though, I have so little in common with girls my own age even, that I can't imagine being much interested in an 18-year-old but I like the idea. When I was 18, I never got to date a girl who was 18. I want a do-over.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:37 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Older women tend to fall into three groups. Extremely Experienced, Extremely grateful or Nun's.
Younger women tend to be naive. Even young women who are sexually active don't have the sensuality of an older woman.
Most older guys who have much younger women partners do it for the Eye Candy effect and the feeling that a young girl on their arm makes them look virile.
When i was 40 i was seeing a very young girl ( 21 ) and she bored me silly outside the bedroom.
Both young and older women have their good and bad points but older women definately have much more to offer in all depts.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:38 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
40 with a 21-year-old, that's badass. You are my idol.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:45 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
The best partner I had was 5 years younger (I was 34, she was 29) but looked very mature, so I would say slightly tounger (3-4 years) is the best bet.
I made the mother of all mistakes having a so 6 years older : we are both in our fifties, now she's got menopause ,she dots on her grandson, and intimacy is all but over, and I 'm still very actice sexually,,what a waste!
Believe my experience, it's a mistake to be w an older gal, I'm not feeling that happy.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
For a serious relationship/marriage i would prefer someone 5-7 years younger.
For the more casual,younger is fine and i do have a thing for soccer moms

Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
40 with a 21-year-old, that's badass. You are my idol.
LOL....Thanx Jonathan but it's not all it's cracked up to be.
I was 40 when my wife and i divorced. I went off the rails and was clubbing every night. I even had to have a coffee list inside my Kitchen cupboard door with girls coded initials and what they drank. e.g. T1.. C1sm.. meant Theresa 1 (if more than one Theresa) C..Coffee,1s... 1 sugar, M...Milk.
Sounds great but it becomes extremely unrewarding.
The most important thing is that you both get on in all Depts. Age isn't important unless the age is the reason you are going out with someone.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
How old is too old? How young is too you? Pros and cons for either? I am just curious. I have dated men anywhere from 6 years younger to 15 years older. My husband is one year older than me...which works out great!
Doesn't matter. Prefer someone within 3 years, one way or the other. Beyond 7, and you're stretching the "commonality" rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships