U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:50 PM

212 posts, read 523,811 times
Height or Size???!!

A guy who is at least taller than me, which is a 5'2" so a man has to be taller than that, which isn't hard. They just got to have nice broad shoulders and most importantly big hands, lol I know am weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 04:56 PM

2,115 posts, read 3,104,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
This reminds me of Bobby Hill - "THAT'S MY PURSE!!" "I DON'T KNOW YOU!!"

Actually, I think this is what they usually say. I don't know very many women who marry (or seriously date) on the premise of "I don't care how big a loser you are or how big the void between your ears is, those muscles are what I'm after."
Problem is females don't get to that point of really paying close attention to a person's inner being until after they've been abused, physically or verbally, cheated on, left to raise a child on their own, or left with an STD. In all cases, that baggage is unappealing to the next guy, the RIGHT guy, who comes along. What I'm talking about is a girl who is fresh out the gate, hasn't dated too much, who is gungho about finding the RIGHT guy, regardless of his musculature. That'll be my Perfect Woman #9.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:01 PM

1,474 posts, read 1,826,694 times
I prefer tall men (husband is 6'3) and with a little meat on their bones. Husband is in good shape but not what I would call thin. He is muscular but not bodybuilder type. I like the fact he can pick me up AND his clothes don't fit me .

Old 06-30-2008, 05:14 PM

5,227 posts, read 6,436,595 times
I feel like the odd man out here, but I like my guys very slim and proportioned, but they have to have a nice derrière. Flat butts just don't cut it. I've dated everything from 5'4' to 6'6". The shorter guys are easier on my neck, since I'm sweet and petite myself.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 15,178,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
My philosophy has always been, if I can't see myself kissing the guy I am with, and his hands are short, fat, and stubby, then we're not going to be taking things any further.
My hands have longer and slightly thinner than average fingers, but on an average man-sized palm;
great for playing guitar or piano, but not a plus for severe winter cold.

Until now I was annoyed that my fingers weren't shorter and thicker
and I'd wished my hands looked like that of a brick-layer or boxer.

I think I'd also like it if each hand had another pound of mass from bone and muscle, so I'd feel like a "bruiser."
But they do look like they'd be great if I was a professional musician or a surgeon.

Average length of a male's index finger is 3.90 inches and mine are 4.15 inches.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 06-30-2008 at 07:04 PM..

Old 06-30-2008, 06:51 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,236,221 times
Overly muscular guys are a turn off to me, especially the guys that like to show off their "guns" with tank tops and tight t-shirts, ugh, it just screams high maintenance

As for height, I would say over 5'10, up to probably 6'2, my man is 5'11, just right.

Skinny is okay, but I'm kind of partial to a little pooch in the belly.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:41 PM

16 posts, read 39,481 times
I like husky, with some soft spots and some semi-muscular parts.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:44 PM

9,913 posts, read 14,189,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
Wow, we must have the same taste in men. I couldn't have said it any better myself! Also, a man must take care of his nails (fingernails and toenails). Men, don't think that a woman won't notice what your feet look like. Keep them looking decent, please!
Does fingernail biting count? I'm very careful...

Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,257,989 times
My SO is 5'10" to my 5". Big, ol' teddy bear type...in other words...PERFECT!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 PM

617 posts, read 1,432,578 times
I'm only 4'11" so when I say he has to be taller than me, that isn't a problem usually. My husband is 6' and I'm not looking to replace him but if I were, appearance would be so far down on the list of Important Qualities that I'd forget it was even on the list at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships