U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
817 posts, read 183,245 times
Reputation: 304
In my opinion, only tall guys and guys with muscles, bulky, washboard abs, have any chance of getting good quality women, sorry to say this, but short guys got no chance, there's also a song which goes by "short people got no reason to live" or something like that, it's a fact, nothing matters for a woman more than your physical build and your charm, in that order, and short guys have literally ZERO chance in the West where the women are very picky about height.

I would suggest all the short guys to go to places like Asia and look for Filipina/Asian women, they are less picky about the looks part in you, or the fact that you could be vertically challenged, and give more importance to the other stuff you possess. Short men are often looked upon as a genetic joke, no matter how charismatic or good looking you are in every other aspect, I am not short, I am 5'10", however, this has been the experience of some of my shorter friends in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Valparaiso, IN
33,942 posts, read 6,497,301 times
Reputation: 75949
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
it's a fact, nothing matters for a woman more than your physical build and your charm, in that order,
Not true. You must know a lot of shallow women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
817 posts, read 183,245 times
Reputation: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Not true. You must know a lot of shallow women.
I have a friend who is 5'6", he said that in real life, whenever he goes to any social events, women don't even notice him, women are usually after anyone who is 6', the taller the better. He tried online dating, but even there, he said that women speak nice and normal and act very interested in him, but once the height thing comes up, they run away from him as if he's a child molester.

What I said is true, even if you don't want to accept it, the only women who go after shorter dudes are women who are 20 lbs or above overweight whom no good looking man would go for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM
 
14,767 posts, read 7,905,438 times
Reputation: 11604
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I have a friend who is 5'6", he said that in real life, whenever he goes to any social events, women don't even notice him, women are usually after anyone who is 6', the taller the better. He tried online dating, but even there, he said that women speak nice and normal and act very interested in him, but once the height thing comes up, they run away from him as if he's a child molester.

What I said is true, even if you don't want to accept it, the only women who go after shorter dudes are women who are 20 lbs or above overweight whom no good looking man would go for.
I had the BIGGEST crush on a man that was 5'5". He was my husbands college roommate and best friend (husband and I were not married at that time). He was average/good looking but his personality was honestly so attractive to me. He was fun, outgoing, really charming...just an all around great guy.

I was already attached at that point but if I wasn't I would have definitely been pursing him.

I'll say this too...he always had girls wanting to date him and he was so humble about it.

I admit, I prefer taller men (5'10 and up) but there are always exceptions if someone stands out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:15 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,913 posts, read 6,329,974 times
Reputation: 11201
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
there are always exceptions if someone stands out.
Exactly.

My bf is a few inches shorter than I am, and we clicked instantly.


Alot of women are obviously not interested in dating short men, but I'm glad I'm not one of them or I would really be missing out...!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,913 posts, read 6,329,974 times
Reputation: 11201
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
the only women who go after shorter dudes are women who are 20 lbs or above overweight whom no good looking man would go for.

That's not true, I'm hot as hell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
817 posts, read 183,245 times
Reputation: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That's not true, I'm hot as hell!
Maybe that's just what you think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM
 
946 posts, read 1,293,517 times
Reputation: 1019
I could like anything except overweight. My ideal man is medium-built, with a bit of definition and muscle, and no flab. Average height. However, sometimes attraction and chemistry work in very strange ways. I've had crushes on guys who were nothing like what I'm normally attracted to! I'm never attracted to overweight though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
817 posts, read 183,245 times
Reputation: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I could like anything except overweight. My ideal man is medium-built, with a bit of definition and muscle, and no flab. Average height. However, sometimes attraction and chemistry work in very strange ways. I've had crushes on guys who were nothing like what I'm normally attracted to! I'm never attracted to overweight though.
Yeah that's understandable, I don't like overweight people either, mostly because I don't believe that someone who can't take care of him/herself would be able to take care of life together with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,913 posts, read 6,329,974 times
Reputation: 11201
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Maybe that's just what you think
Well, contrary to popular belief, not everyone here in the Relationship Forum is completely undesirable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top