Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 02:41 AM

156 posts, read 270,163 times

Advertisements

So my DH and I are looking for a house.
I work from home currently, however my office is in uptown charlotte. I also work as a consultant so depending on the project, I go to different sites. But this one I'm at I can work from home which is great.

My husband is securing a job in Mooresville which is about 45 minute to an hour commute to Charlotte (in traffic). And it could go to over an hour if there is an accident or it's raining.

I'd like to keep our options open and look at houses in other areas that are in the middle. That way when I have to go into the office for meetings, or if my proejct ends and I have to commute daily, it'll be a somewhat decent commute.

He wants to live in Mooresville bc it's near his job. But also Mooresville is more expensive and mostly for ppl w/ kids. We dont have kids and I dont plan on having any, any time soon. I'd rather be close to Charlotte where there are things that I like to do and certain grocery stores there that are not located in Mooresville.

Am I being selfish for requesting to look at houses in other areas? And to look for something in the b/w our jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 03:21 AM

158 posts, read 403,587 times
Wnat is wrong with being selfish about where you want to live... ? It is your life. Is he being selfish? I think you will find a compomise.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:18 AM

212 posts, read 754,657 times
You need to weigh up all your options and then you can hopefully come to a decision toghether. He can't expect you to give up everything, you both have to do a little compromising.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:48 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Compromise, get one somewhere inbetween

Old 06-29-2008, 02:53 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Keep looking and look for that best compromise house. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships