Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 12:08 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
Men. No matter what a woman looks like, there will always a guy with more libido than self-respect.

This...any woman can get a relationship, ugly or not, with or without having money. I look at some of these chicks that I work with in the office and they are down right hideous. I mean objectively hideous...that beauty is in the eye of the beholder line doesnt apply here. And thats not me being mean or rude etc. These are women who would be ugly men, let alone being ugly women. Yet they not only date, they got married and have children. That means that despite her being a spitting image of Rick Ross, there was actually some sad sack out there who got turned on enough to inseminate that. That realization hit me like a ton of bricks at first, but that was the reality of the situation. Ive seen this play out with quite a few women I work with. And while people usually point to instances of rich, fat, ugly men as a comparison, these are not wealthy women in the least. Just hideous and managed to still have sex, and get married. And ive talked to them enough to know that theyre even bold enough to be choosey despite their unfortunate looks...lol... I find this unbelievable, but that just goes to show that women really have no worries in the dating world. They complain about having it hard because it keeps men on the defensive, but in the real world any woman can get relationships and a family if thats what they want; and with relatively little effort.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:12 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
This...any woman can get a relationship, ugly or not, with or without having money. I look at some of these chicks that I work with in the office and they are down right hideous. I mean objectively hideous...that beauty is in the eye of the beholder line doesnt apply here. And thats not me being mean or rude etc. These are women who would be ugly men, let alone being ugly women. Yet they not only date, they got married and have children. That means that despite her being a spitting image of Rick Ross, there was actually some sad sack out there who got turned on enough to inseminate that. That realization hit me like a ton of bricks at first, but that was the reality of the situation. Ive seen this play out with quite a few women I work with. And while people usually point to instances of rich, fat, ugly men as a comparison, these are not wealthy women in the least. Just hideous and managed to still have sex, and get married. And ive talked to them enough to know that theyre even bold enough to be choosey despite their unfortunate looks...lol... I find this unbelievable, but that just goes to show that women really have no worries in the dating world. They complain about having it hard becaude it keeps men on the defensive, but in the real world any woman can get relationships and a family if thats what they want; and with relatively little effort.
Well, that's good news for us women!

Awesome.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:21 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, that's good news for us women!

Awesome.
I know! thats exactly what I told my coworker! I was like "i dont want to hear any more groaning about your dating woes..you should be happy"...lol...

Old 06-18-2016, 12:21 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Unattractive women are worse off, by far. For them, there are NO redeeming qualities in most men's eyes. It makes no difference if they are millionaires or on welfare, the most they'll get is used and abused.

Rich ugly men will get "used" by that definition, as well, but by and large they don't mind much as long as they get sex. Most women would like something more than that.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Men. Especially shy ugly men. Doesn't matter if you have a heart of gold and you're active in your community and have a lot of other things going for you. You won't approach because you're shy and women won't approach you because they don't have to approach, and they won't know who you are and what you do because they won't even talk to you because of how you look.

Ugly, horrible women can marry and have a family. This isn't even a contest here.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Men. Especially shy ugly men. Doesn't matter if you have a heart of gold and you're active in your community and have a lot of other things going for you. You won't approach because you're shy and women won't approach you because they don't have to approach, and they won't know who you are and what you do because they won't even talk to you because of how you look.

Ugly, horrible women can marry and have a family. This isn't even a contest here.
PF, I feel else for you but are you honest to God telling us you don't know any ugly, blah-personality men who are married?

Come on.

Go to anyone's family gathering, anywhere and unless it's the Kennedy-Shrivers you'll see about 10 fat, hairy men who think their farts are hilarious.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:48 PM

6 posts, read 13,958 times
Women 100%

Old 06-18-2016, 12:55 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I see in shape guys with very overweight, morbidly obese women, on a daily basis.
Same here.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:02 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Steve is a beta male. Women would rather be with a serial killer who is on death row than be with a beta male.
I can agree with that.

I am a bit of an alpha, I am an old man, married 35 years, not on the market in any sense, and I get hit on from time to time. Total strangers [girls] will approach me in public to touch my beard, etc.

Beta males can not attract a mate even with a pork chop hung around their neck.

Both of our daughter-in-laws are HUGE. The youngest DIL has two sisters, all three of those girls in that family are big and they always have guys around them.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Same here.
That seems odd, since a higher percentage of men than women in the U.S. are overweight, and the difference in actual obesity (v. overweight but not obese) is only about 4%, I think?

I wonder whether men tend to give chubby men a pass...they're big boned or athletic or whatever? Somehow observations tend not to jibe when men are judging women as opposed to when men are judging men, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.