U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:50 PM

924 posts, read 872,313 times

Advertisements

Last line says it all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM

11 posts, read 8,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Who do you think experience more difficulties landing a date, unattractive men or women?
unatractive men have to pay for it..............an ugly woman can still get it for free.

talking about tha date of course

Old 05-24-2010, 03:50 PM

2,494 posts, read 2,459,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Yes it does.....quite nicely I might add.

I never said women didn't care about looks....I said they were more forgiving. I would imagine if women had such exacting standards when it came to looks, our population would be much smaller.
lol where exactly do you have proof that Men are much more superfical and women are more forgiving?

The threads you are talking about were pictures of famous women Men found attractive women had a thread like that to and believe me they werent many "average Joe" pictures in there

I see ugly and average women with Men all the time so all these guys holding out for supermodels must be "settling" nowadays

Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 PM

751 posts, read 906,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Who do you think experience more difficulties landing a date, unattractive men or women?

Unattractive to me would be more in someone having a ugly personally.Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:03 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,557,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
lol where exactly do you have proof that Men are much more superfical and women are more forgiving?

The threads you are talking about were pictures of famous women Men found attractive women had a thread like that to and believe me they werent many "average Joe" pictures in there

I see ugly and average women with Men all the time so all these guys holding out for supermodels must be "settling" nowadays
Well that goes both ways partner.....all of us can't have the hard-body, gorgeous super-model types can we?....so I guess instead of "settling" it's more like facing "reality" But hey, that's what dreams are made for!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Well that goes both ways partner.....all of us can't have the hard-body, gorgeous super-model types can we?....so I guess instead of "settling" it's more like facing "reality" But hey, that's what dreams are made for!
My point is both threads were made for peoples "fantasy" Men or Women and both posts had way above average looking people in it for fantasy reasons..Doesnt prove at all that Men are more superficial..

Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
My point is both threads were made for peoples "fantasy" Men or Women and both posts had way above average looking people in it for fantasy reasons..Doesnt prove at all that Men are more superficial..
Ok...you're right....i'm wrong...is that what you want to hear? Which proves another theory of mine but that's for another thread another day.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Ok...you're right....i'm wrong...is that what you want to hear?
Well clearly since you posted the eye roll at me instead of answering what i said you are right

Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,425,779 times
I remember reading the research from studies from about 4 or 5 years ago that actually mounted quite a bit of evidence showing that while men DESIRE a certain level of attractiveness in women, women actually REQUIRE a certain level of attractiveness in order for them to move forward with a relationship. Although the STATED physical preferences of men are much more demanding, men have been shown to lower their standards considerably in real world terms when contrasted with who they actually settle for. Women on the other hand were shown to adhere to their preferences, even in the event that it meant that they likely wouldnt find a partner at all, who fit their preferences. For the purposes of finding love, men are more pragmatic in that sense.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Well clearly since you posted the eye roll at me instead of answering what i said you are right
Awww....JBT1980 thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships