Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:06 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

I know what you mean about the 20's being when many men who want to get married are snapped up. However, there are plenty of career oriented, and sow the wild oats types, who don't consider getting married until they are in their 30's. But by then they want a financially secure, self actualized person who is at the same point in life as they are.
If I were you, I would continue to pursue the things you enjoy, but make sure that you aren't a one trick pony. I mean, do you have other interests besides working out and how fit your body is? Are you moving ahead in your career? Are you well educated? Are you up on current events? When you are not in the gym, do you dress like a girl, or do you muck about in sweats all the time? Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 10:17 AM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
I think gentlearts pointed out some good things for you to focus on. When I read your post, you seem to define who you are and your relationships by your body. I doubt that just being heavy prevented you from all relationships. I doubt that having quite the bod will bring you all these relationships out of the woodwork. We are much more than our bodies. By pursuing many interests, by continuing our education, by working towards goals in our career, and by growing in our faith and maturity we can make ourselves quite the catch for someone special. If they don't come along, then we've lived a very full and complete life that will leave us feeling more blessed and complete than if we allow our hearts and lives to be empty because we didn't find THE man.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintchip View Post
Now that this condition has been treated and I've become a workout fiend, I get compliments on my body all of the time and get a lot of attention from men. (I know this sounds funny but it's true...people never guess that I used to be heavy.) But the opposite thing has seemed to happen...now I get attention from men who are drawn by physical attraction and don't seem to be interested in me as a person! The "nice" guys seem intimidated and mostly the more confident, arrogant player types are the ones who approach me most often.

I'm not complaining, as I feel more confident about my looks now and definitely prefer for others to see me as attractive.

Also, how can I meet more quality men? Sometimes this really gets to me. I'm tired of going out on a dates where the guy promises me the sun, moon and stars but quickly loses interest when I don't put out early on
After reading these passages, I am wondering if you are dressing in a way that compliments your new body shape too much? Perhaps you need to dress down a little and be more conservative looking. The way a woman dresses and styles herself really affects the way men treat her. So my suggestion is to dress a little more frumpy and like a woman that would like to be a wife, and show off your body less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships