Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,847,818 times

Advertisements

lol I like how you said "gargoyle face"

I've seen lots of those around town...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
A great body can overcome an average face and a great face can overcome an average body... but put a gargoyle face on a perfect bod or Scarlett Johannsen's face on Camryn Manheim Steamroller's body and all bets are off.

Judy Greer: great bod, weird face, thumbs up.
Maggie Gyllenhaal: great bod, weird face, thumbs up.

Heather Matarazzo: great bod, gargoyle face, not quite.

Queen Latifah: great face... thumbs up or down depends on how large or small she is on any given day. Even at her skinniest she's still a big girl, but can still be a thumbs up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,600,326 times
Hmm...

I guess face, because you can fix the body. Enough money and personal training can fix any body almost, within reason. Plastic surgery if the breasts are way too big or way too small. There are lots of things you can do. But the face has to be great otherwise it's not fixable.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
This is true to an extent. Largely depends on the person. Someone with a predisposition to date only attractive men has a hard time dealing with the average guy cause they think they can do better. So they date the average guy while waiting for the next meathead to come along and then the dump the average guy.

To be fair, not all attractive guys are meatheads. Some are good guys that just look better than the rest of us (I consider myself average). But some are just player that out to get what they can.
My guess is if a girl is good looking enough to have gotten a choice between a hot guy who is an idiot and an average guy who is smart, she has the looks to get a hot guy who is also smart. It's really not THAT hard, there are lots of good looking guys who are smart too.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,890,011 times
LOL that steve1077's post was apparently deleted b/c he was too graphic. Good thing I have the original e-mail.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:40 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,183,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Since when does having a pickup truck and gun make men not come after you? LOL I have a pickup truck and a gun
im ok with the truck, but weapons are natures way of saying stay away.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
A girl with a gun? That's sexy, haha. I have two guns, they're just for fun / home defense. Hopefully I'd never have to use either one, but firing a gun is pretty fun.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:25 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,282,727 times
First thing I look at is the butt , then move on the the face , then the thighs. All of these will determine my seal of approval .

Old 10-31-2008, 11:19 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,615,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
The problem is, you ignore a person's "underlying beauty and personality" if a guy doesn't look perfect on the outside. A lot of women can't accept what amount to minor flaws or just immaterial differences, and I've heard some whoppers.
  • Arms not big enough. Come on now. If I can bench 200, who cares that my arms aren't tree trunks?
  • No butt. First of all, men aren't supposed to have butts. Some cushioning is okay, but it shouldn't be shaped like a female's. That's inappropriate.
  • Legs not big enough. Again, I can leg press 350 and probably outrun you, so why does it matter that my legs aren't massive?
  • Hair too long/short. This is a stupid reason not to get to know someone. Don't get me wrong; if a female is literally bald, I can't go there, or if her hair is naturally long and she cuts it because she's too lazy to maintain it, no. But that's more about her attitude than the hair itself. Besides, it's okay for most men to be bald; IMO, women were not meant to cut their hair that deep.
  • No visible abs. I don't have a beer belly, so what's the problem here?
  • Skin too smooth (It's happened). This is just ridiculous.
Etc and so forth. Too many women looking for the so-called "Greek god" and don't stop to understand that normal men aren't like that. Stop letting Fabio guide your way to a real man.
Don't worry Revelated! I would put you in the "average" body category (if there is such a thing) and yes, you are correct, just because you don't have the outward appearance of having those benefits doesn't mean they don't exist.
My fiance is also very strong, very athletic but looking at his body, you may think otherwise.
That's society for ya! We all look first and think later....

Old 10-31-2008, 03:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,575,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Don't worry Bunk, I'd never shoot you

Old 10-31-2008, 07:55 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,144,733 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
To me it's neither. It's a mixture of everything that makes a woman unique! Gotta have a little personality, a little looks, a little body...etc. I don't look for any one thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships