U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,495,786 times
I am a 35 year old woman...and I too think that some woman dress way too...scantily. And yes, maybe people shouldn't be judged on how they dressed. But we all know it happens. Most people, when they see young black men with their jeans hanging below their butts, their boxers all showing, big baggy shirts, gold chains galore, and swaggering down the street...most people are going to think "young thug" and some are going to avoid them. Sounds racist, but it's true. Those "young thugs" could be young lawyers in the making and just dressing what is in style for their age/culture/friends...but that's what many people think.

And if I see a girl with tight jean shorts on that I can see every crack and crevice, and I am not even counting what is hanging out from below the jean shorts because they are too short, with her hot pink thong sticking out of the back because the jeans are low riders and come right above her crotch, and she's wearing matching hot pink stiletto heels with a tight Playboy bunny tank half top....I am going to think she's a ho. And she might not be, but that's what I would think.

I tend to go for scruffy, young guys- just for the eye candy (I'm married, mind you!). Because I think they look sexy- guys with tats, some piercings....that's me. But I wouldn't be thinking of how they would be the daddy of my children, just someone good in bed.

Maybe it's wrong how society thinks...but I will be teaching my daughter, regardless, that usually first impressions is what most people go by, and first impressions are usually based on appearances.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,712,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I have never, ever in my life seen a woman in public dressed like either of the bottom two.
Eh, dear, you and I don't go to Hollywood events (as far as the 2nd one).

Quote:
Not THAT much *ss sticking out and certainly not standing in such a position that one sees right up the pants that are already literally covering less than%
The 3rd one is extreme and I was just trying to illustrate my point, but I've seen women dressed in somewhat similar fashion and I don't even live in a part of the country where it'd be more common. Im sure you can see them, too, should you decide to visit some trailer park.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:39 PM

11,778 posts, read 12,138,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eh, dear, you and I don't go to Hollywood events (as far as the 2nd one).
I actually had thought of Hollywood (naturally, since I live reasonably close to it) but since Ron lives in Chicago, it's doubtful that's his scenario.

And again, easily solvable. Don't live in Hollywood (again, just certain areas), which everyone on earth knows are collectively "Planet Weird".

I doubt many--actually, I doubt any of the people who have responded to this thread so far live in Hollywood. ETA: I'm thinking SandyCo and I come the closest, as I'm pretty sure we're both in the SGV.

Yup, as I said, I've seen certain styles that have similarities, but definitely not to those extremes, and not with the "please back up right into me" stance.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Yup, as I said, I've seen certain styles that have similarities, but definitely not to those extremes, and not with the "please back up right into me" stance.
The extremes were meant only to color the difference among the three styles.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:11 PM

12,896 posts, read 11,519,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The extremes were meant only to color the difference among the three styles.
um, excuse me, but I live in a trailor park...it's a 55 and up community...the owner refers to is as a modular home park, he hates the word trailer...mostly beautiful double wides, most of them not older then 5 years old....mine is 1600 square feet, with a fire place, kitchen dinning room and family room combo, with a formal living room, jacuzzi tub...master bath that would knock your socks off, large walk in shower, guest bathroom, 3 bedrooms, all very huge housing walk in closets, all oak cabinets and trim...and top of the line appliances. (Bosch) No one has one thing in their yards out of place, it is not allowed....I've been told by a builder that they are now built better then some homes today, extremely efficent...insulated and very beautiful...people are shocked when they see it...and I don't dress out of sorts...or suggestively....and no one in here does...they are all respectable retired folks who have such congenial

The trailor parks as you refer to them, down here, where I live would knock your socks off...very high end. As a matter of fact...

personalities...beautiful gardens, etc. so.... easy there...

hugs
creme

Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 PM

14,716 posts, read 16,909,266 times
Despite the fact that we live in modern society, our physiological bodies have not changed in over 40,000 years. Evolutionary changes often take thousands, if not millions of years.

Forty thousand years ago there were less than 5 million humans living on the entire planet. Therefore, one of the very important responsibilities of the human male, in addition to hunting for food and assisting in the protection of the "tribe" or "clan" was the successful distribution of as much DNA as possible in a relatively short period of time.

Since, in the pre-agricultural era that existed at that time, there was no real connection between sex and reproduction. Babies were often seen as a "gift from the deity". Marriage did not exist and child rearing was usually the sole responsibility of the mother and other females in the "tribe" or "clan". Therefore, there was no sense of responsibility with regard to the creation or care of children by physically active men (the only men who would participate in the care or rearing of children were men who were physically unable to hunt or protect the clan).

Keeping in mind that our physiological bodies have not changed since this time; and that one of the most important duties of the human male was to ensure the survival of the species by impregnating as many women as possible, I would say that the reason that guys (no apostrophe) only want sex is because that is what, primarily, they are supposed to do.

For anyone to think that women wearing sexy clothing has anything to do with it is delusional. This can be evidenced by the fact that non-sexy, ugly women and even very modest women who wear long dresses often have sex too.

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by 20yrsinBranson; 07-01-2008 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 07-01-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
um, excuse me, but I live in a trailor park...it's a 55 and up community...the owner refers to is as a modular home park, he hates the word trailer...mostly beautiful double wides, most of them not older then 5 years old....mine is 1600 square feet, with a fire place, kitchen dinning room and family room combo, with a formal living room, jacuzzi tub...master bath that would knock your socks off, large walk in shower, guest bathroom, 3 bedrooms, all very huge housing walk in closets, all oak cabinets and trim...and top of the line appliances. (Bosch) No one has one thing in their yards out of place, it is not allowed....I've been told by a builder that they are now built better then some homes today, extremely efficent...insulated and very beautiful...people are shocked when they see it...and I don't dress out of sorts...or suggestively....and no one in here does...they are all respectable retired folks who have such congenial

The trailor parks as you refer to them, down here, where I live would knock your socks off...very high end. As a matter of fact...

personalities...beautiful gardens, etc. so.... easy there...

hugs
creme
Oh, Geez... I knew somebody was gonna chime in on this one... and even considered adding "no 55+" and perhaps providing a picture! You'd think nobody's ever seen white-trash trailer parks... I know there are very pretty and well-maintained ones where respectable people reside and Im obviously not talking about those.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Status: "Current ear worm - charming Billy..." (set 11 days ago)

21,780 posts, read 15,878,181 times
I find this thread as disturbing as I found the police blaming me for being raped when I was 14. Yes, my pants were tight. It was cold and I had layered my clothing. I was told I had it coming. I find that and this thread rather sick. I don't care if a woman streaks she doesn't deserve to be treated like a sex object.

I think I'll skip this thread thank you.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:56 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,283,338 times
Quote:
I doubt many--actually, I doubt any of the people who have responded to this thread so far live in Hollywood. ETA: I'm thinking SandyCo and I come the closest, as I'm pretty sure we're both in the SGV.
Didn't live there but hung out extensively for a year when I lived in El Monte. Believe me, they don't have anything on NYC in the "weird" department.

In fact, here in PA, a lot of the ladies dress provocatively, so much so that I can barely control my impulses to punish them, like this one wench who had a plunging neckline and fishnets...

I think she learned HER lesson that day...

Old 07-01-2008, 05:00 PM

11,778 posts, read 12,138,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Didn't live there but hung out extensively for a year when I lived in El Monte. Believe me, they don't have anything on NYC in the "weird" department.

In fact, here in PA, a lot of the ladies dress provocatively, so much so that I can barely control my impulses to punish them, like this one wench who had a plunging neckline and fishnets...

[/IMG]

I think she learned HER lesson that day...
Really? All the gazillions of times I went into Manhattan, I generally saw a thousand people wearing black, plus a lot of bag men, and some gangish-looking dudes.

NYC is windy and raw compared to the outlying areas for all of the winter, most of the fall and much of the spring, so you don't see a lot of tank tops then.

When it's broiling hot, yes, people certainly do dress scantily. I think that's reasonable. Frankly, in all my years living through tri-state area blisteringly, smotheringly, wetly, 95%-humidity, armpit-sweaty, I'm-breathing-pure-water-and-about-to-faint heat of August and sometimes July, you can bet I was wearing as little as possible, too.

And again...clubs would be the exception! But aren't they always?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships