Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Sorry, there are no double standards here. It is not acceptable for any gender to leech off of the other. But that's the difference here--she has a job and has made her own living. The other part (whoever he is, out there) just need to be able to hold up his end. That's not gold-digging, that's called not being willing to be used by pathetic losers who need a mommy to support them anymore.
Its like saying women are begging to have kids just to be with a man, to trap him in the relationship, being permanantly stuck with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
I dont think you are being unreasonable.. I feel the same way.. My partner should contribute to what is going on as much as I am. I have done the breadwinner thing ... and get tired of it from time to time.. Not that I wouldnt do it.. but it does get tiresome.. I understand where you are coming from...

Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Its like saying women are begging to have kids just to be with a man, to trap him in the relationship, being permanantly stuck with her.
You just say that because you're jobless and don't want to admit you're undesirable to the "standard" woman right now. And FYI, if a man is so loserly that he can't commit to a woman he chooses to have a child with--he should have his cockles sliced off

Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,583 times
Quote:
You just say that because I'm a woman and I want kids, even though kids really isn't an important factor in relationships. I should stop nagging about unemployed men.
Yes, please stop.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Yes, please stop.
Riiight. Funny enough. I don't want kids. Or even marriage right now. Go suck it.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
bellestaroftexas, you are a nurse and one of the qualities of a nurse is helping people who are sick and hurt. Of course, you need to understand that this does not translate into your personal romantic life. You are attracted to men who NEED you. Not to men who are strong, independent, and financially secure/responsible.

Sadly, we cannot often control who we are attracted to. For years (and two husbands and multiple boyfriends) I was hopelessly attracted to Aquarius men. But I could not stand their personality traits (if that makes any sense). Finally, after many long, miserable relationships I had to make the decision to see out a different type of man. So I did. Now I am happy.

You need to consciously seek out men who are the way you WANT them to be and avoid (like the plague) pathetic (but very sweet) men who are just going to dig you another financial hole.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
To the OP, no you are not being unreasonable nor are you a gold digger. Only bums would say you are.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
I think LAFan is off his rocker or something.. constantly redoing quotes and such... I think maybe it is time someone hit you with a ban stick.. I have now seen where you have retyped someone's quote at minimum 4 times...

Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
Quote:
You just say that because you're jobless and don't want to admit you're undesirable to the "standard" woman right now. And FYI, if a man is so loserly that he can't commit to a woman he chooses to have a child with--he should have his cockles sliced off
no mercy, I like it. Now tell us what the woman get's who won't commit to the man she chooses to have a child with ; )

Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I think LAFan is off his rocker or something.. constantly redoing quotes and such... I think maybe it is time someone hit you with a ban stick.. I have now seen where you have retyped someone's quote at minimum 4 times...
I think he's just having a really bad day lol

looking for a job sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships