Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,324,702 times

Advertisements

the whole point of my post is trying to understand why the two men who are "friends" cannot understand why i won't give them a chance at romance, just spewing hateful attacks about me being a gold-digger. just want to get it. and sure, they are making me feel guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I am really not sure of the point of the original post. Don't hook up with losers. There are plenty of hard working men out there if that is what you desire. Set your standards and stick with them, whatever they may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,328,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
the whole point of my post is trying to understand why the two men who are "friends" cannot understand why i won't give them a chance at romance, just spewing hateful attacks about me being a gold-digger. just want to get it. and sure, they are making me feel guilty.
First they hope the convince you that its ok for your to take care of them. They no doubt don't want to let go of their meal ticket AND no way do they want to accept that they are dead beats.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:44 PM

ha! wait till ya get your RN...you'll have them coming out of the woodwork, whether it be a rodeo cowboy who wants you to fix em up each time they take a pounding by a buckin' bronc, or an older man who wants to be nursed, or the lazy unemployed ones who know that your income is only limited by your energy level and motivation. you can work 24/7 if ya wanted to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have been going to school part time taking nursing classes. I had an older man attach himself too me. He thought I was going to take care of him in his dotage. He talked about moving into my house etc.
I kept telling him that wasn't going to happen and finally I had to tell him to NEVER contact me again. I had tried to be friends with him but he acted like he was going to PUSH me into marrying him.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM

well yes of course, but for me to have explained this CLEARLY, that it aint gonna happen-been there, done that, cost me dearly-lost almost everything i had! and i have made it clear that i neither have the energy or desire to work 3 jobs any more, that i am very satisfied with working one fulltime job and living life to its fullest, stopping to smell the roses for once in my life!!! and these deadbeats are trying to manipulate me! argh.

Quote:
First they hope the convince you that its ok for your to take care of them. They no doubt don't want to let go of their meal ticket AND no way do they want to accept that they are dead beats.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,328,272 times
Quote:
ha! wait till ya get your RN...you'll have them coming out of the woodwork, whether it be a rodeo cowboy who wants you to fix em up each time they take a pounding by a buckin' bronc, or an older man who wants to be nursed, or the lazy unemployed ones who know that your income is only limited by your energy level and motivation. you can work 24/7 if ya wanted to....
Yea, I can imagine. I will probably wear a wedding band while at work to avoid such problems.
In day to day life, if a person doesn't take NO for an answer then I get pretty rude but I should imagine the hospital frowns on that.
In the past I have replied that I was only into girls. BUT anymore thats enough to really inflame them which makes me vomit a little in my mouth.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 PM

well, if these men were in the hospital, they would be employed ha ha! so these men are ones i know outside the hospital, so i am free to be rude ha ha but i am not that way...
oh and by the way, wedding bands dont work-i tried it, attracts even more men-ya know, the ones thinking "ha! no strings attached! she's married so i can try to get her in bed, and she wont be stalking me, or wanting to marry me!"

Quote:
Yea, I can imagine. I will probably wear a wedding band while at work to avoid such problems.
In day to day life, if a person doesn't take NO for an answer then I get pretty rude but I should imagine the hospital frowns on that.
In the past I have replied that I was only into girls. BUT anymore thats enough to really inflame them which makes me vomit a little in my mouth.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
drinking beer, watching sports, hunting and fishing
Well, I said something about limiting the pool to "dog lovers"... now will have to add other activities. I can't generalize and shoot down all of the above (many decent people do that, too), but certain activities are practiced by certain people... No defender of animal rights, let's say, would go hunting, right?! Yeah, I'm aware I'll get a lot of grief for this one, probably from you included!

I'm not against drinking beer (or any other alcohol) per se at all. As a matter of fact, I drink myself. Yet, sitting around, watching sports, and drinking beer all day (as in 6-pack and more) is not an activity I'm attracted to. I've never had lazy bums in my life and coincidentally also nobody involved in the mentioned pastimes... Perhaps you should expand your horizons and sample different types of men. Again, since I believe you mentioned you like those activities yourself, you're likely to be around the same guys in the future...

Old 07-01-2008, 10:57 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,332,373 times
Quote:
Again, Set Your Standards! That includes friends. No one can make you feel guilty without your permission and these guys sound like losers. Set your standards higher and leave those two in your dust. By the way, if the hateful attacks don't stop feel free to call your local police for a man to man talk. You are the star of your own show (life)!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 PM

i understand what you are saying. i am a dog lover and do believe in animal rights to a degree, but yes i am an avid hunter/fisherwoman, go to rodeos,and have roped calves. just ain't a PETA person. there are alot of folks in the South and West and probably in all regions of the country who love dogs but also hunt/fish/rodeo.
i do love football. Texas college and NFL, and during football season, i schedule my life around football. so i dont care if a man is glued to the boob tube, as long as he has a job to pay for the beer he's drinking out of my icebox ha ha!
i wont give you grief-you have valid points....and i appreciate your feedback and observations. and i certainly cant dislike someone from Arizona! love your state but not as much as Texas . p.s. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is one of my heros

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I said something about limiting the pool to "dog lovers"... now will have to add other activities. I can't generalize and shoot down all of the above (many decent people do that, too), but certain activities are practiced by certain people... No defender of animal rights, let's say, would go hunting, right?! Yeah, I'm aware I'll get a lot of grief for this one, probably from you included!

I'm not against drinking beer (or any other alcohol) per se at all. As a matter of fact, I drink myself. Yet, sitting around, watching sports, and drinking beer all day (as in 6-pack and more) is not an activity I'm attracted to. I've never had lazy bums in my life and coincidentally also nobody involved in the mentioned pastimes... Perhaps you should expand your horizons and sample different types of men. Again, since I believe you mentioned you like those activities yourself, you're likely to be around the same guys in the future...

Last edited by NOTAM; 07-01-2008 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
i understand what you are saying. i am a dog lover and do believe in animal rights to a degree, but yes i am an avid hunter/fisherwoman, go to rodeos,and have roped calves. just ain't a PETA person. there are alot of folks in the South and West and probably in all regions of the country who love dogs but also hunt/fish/rodeo.
i do love football. Texas college and NFL, and during football season, i schedule my life around football. so i dont care if a man is glued to the boob tube, as long as he has a job to pay for the beer he's drinking out of my icebox ha ha!
Hey, if that's your only problem with them, it should be pretty easy. I'm sure some of these cowboys work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships