U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 07-03-2008, 10:09 PM

3,797 posts, read 3,896,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Going back to the game or going back to the same person?
Ditto, we need more specifics. Back to the same person?
Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-03-2008, 11:04 PM

12,890 posts, read 11,336,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Ditto, we need more specifics. Back to the same person?
Your choice...

Unread 07-03-2008, 11:31 PM

7,091 posts, read 12,815,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princ3ss06 View Post
I hope I meet Mr Right today.
Women meet Mr. Right all the effin' time. Maybe if you were not too busy looking at someone else then you would notice him.

Quote:
I hope he will change
Hmmmm......the verdict is......not a fat chance. Trust me, no matter how much guys play along to this little game, every guy secretly resents that fact that you are trying to change him. This is probably the number one reason why guys dump their girls.

Quote:
I hope he will notice just how perfect we are together
This sounds way to clingy for a guys tastes. It also sounds desperate and psychotic, if the guy is not in agreement.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:06 AM

123 posts, read 215,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Women meet Mr. Right all the effin' time. Maybe if you were not too busy looking at someone else then you would notice him.

Hmmmm......the verdict is......not a fat chance. Trust me, no matter how much guys play along to this little game, every guy secretly resents that fact that you are trying to change him. This is probably the number one reason why guys dump their girls.

This sounds way to clingy for a guys tastes. It also sounds desperate and psychotic, if the guy is not in agreement.

haha. you'll be surprised but that's exactly how women think!

lol

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:15 AM

2,157 posts, read 4,875,327 times
Quote:
Why do we keep going back, when our hopes are smashed and our dreams and fantasies are shattered?
Once my hopes were squashed and my dreams were shattered, that killed any feeling I had towards the person and it was time for me to move on.. Once I moved on, I never looked back.

Life is to short to live in limbo and in uncertian territory. I depended on someone else to make me happy but I learned at a very early age when you depended on someone else to make you happy, they always let you down. Happiness comes from within! For awhile I looked for someone to share my happiness with but eventually discovered I was better off alone.

No one has ever taken as good a care of me and I do myself and I haven't let myself down yet and I am happier than I have ever been. I am happy with who I am and very happy with my life.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:21 AM

2,237 posts, read 3,528,720 times
Quote:
haha. you'll be surprised but that's exactly how women think!

lol
Not all women. I certainly don't, so please don't speak for me.

People really do others a disservice when they generalize about either sex. Not all women think the same way, and neither do all men.

Quote:
I hope I meet Mr Right today.
I hope he will change
I hope he will notice just how perfect we are together
I never woke up wishing I would meet Mr. Right. In fact, when I met my husband, I hadn't dated in seven years. Not because I couldn't find anyone, but because I had no desire whatsoever to date at all. I didn't want to get married; I was thoroughly enjoying life on my own. I thought living with someone would drive me crazy.

"I hope he will change." Nope, not that either. I love my husband just the way he is. Sure, he has his quirks - we all do. However, those quirks are what make him unique - and what I love about him. I wouldn't change a thing.

As for noticing just how perfect we are together - if two people are truly right for each other, one of them doesn't have to hope the other will notice. They already do.

Unread 07-04-2008, 10:54 AM

42,853 posts, read 49,247,436 times
I don't know why you chose to be so cryptic, but I'll take the first choice (back to the game) as the other one's been beaten up enough.

- Perhaps it's part of the growth we're forced to experience whether we like it or not. Just like the toddler learns to walk by falling numerous times, picking himself up, dusting himself off, and continuing on his merry way...

- Perhaps it's because no matter what all the thick books tell us, there aren't too many (if any) people who don't have missing pieces within themselves. I'm not sure it's meant to be this way anyway as these people can't fall in love and Mother Nature had no such plans for us even if you look at it from basic reproductive standpoint. The world would've ended by now if all of us were sooo whole.

- Perhaps it's not that much fun to cuddle up to even the most sophisticated fancy flesh-like piece of plastic. I might have to reconsider my investment strategies after all. We can't be THAT lost I'd like to think...

Unread 07-04-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Your choice...
Well I might do it because I like to inflict pain on myself and others.

Unread 07-04-2008, 11:38 AM

OK that was a joke.

As for going back to the same person, if it was a "bad" relationship, sometimes it takes a while to break those trauma bonds that bound you together with that person.

As for same situation...I don't know, there is obviously a need to people to be with each other. I do know that we will keep attracting the same people until we learn the lessons that need to be learned. That's why I haven't been interested in venturing out to date. I have time to myself as an adult to find out who I am and what I want to do. When I was married I sacrificed my dreams to satisfy his. I don't want to lose myself again, so I will keep working on myself without the complication of dating until I am confident that I will not do that again.

Unread 07-04-2008, 11:40 AM

42,853 posts, read 49,247,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Well I might do it because I like to inflict pain on myself and others.
Sounds like a good summary of what most of us end up doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships