Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:48 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,006,508 times

Advertisements

Personally, I like a man with a lot experience. My hubby definetly sewed his oats. But who am I to complain? He hits the sweet spot every single time There is nothing worse than a man huffing and pussing, fumbling around and not knowing what to do. If I feel like reading a magazine, filing my nails, watching tv or falling asleep, we have a problem!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 09:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,590,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
If I feel like reading a magazine, filing my nails, watching tv or falling asleep, we have a problem!! LOL!
You forgot making up grocery lists in your head...

Old 07-04-2008, 10:19 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,006,508 times
Naw, haven't done that. But I have definetly watched tv, flipped through a magazine, and fallen asleep ... LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
You forgot making up grocery lists in your head...

Old 07-05-2008, 01:40 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,011,409 times
Quote:
Naw, haven't done that. But I have definetly watched tv, flipped through a magazine, and fallen asleep ... LOL!!
You're kiddin', right...?!

Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,860,951 times
Quote:
Personally, I like a man with a lot experience. My hubby definetly sewed his oats. But who am I to complain? He hits the sweet spot every single time There is nothing worse than a man huffing and pussing, fumbling around and not knowing what to do. If I feel like reading a magazine, filing my nails, watching tv or falling asleep, we have a problem!! LOL!
What about a man who had experience with a stripper. No sex or nothing, how he handles a stripper. That could be practice.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
BTW - I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against you wanting to save yourself for marriage. I think that is really admirable. I also have NOTHING against you not wanting to have kids. But I stand by what I said about it being normal for people to change their minds about many different things over the many phases of their lives.

Having a vasectomy is sometimes reversible and sometimes it's not. I'm sure you're not even thinking about that topic, but I did some research and here's one thing I found (don't know if this is reliable information or not, just something I found online):

Q. What percentage of men have second thoughts and want to reverse their vasectomies?

A. The numbers are around 2 to 6 percent — between 10,000 and 30,000 men a year. Even though we have a pretty good success rate, I still tell men coming in for a vasectomy that this is a permanent form of contraception. I try to make sure that they’ve thought it through and talked with their partner. I’m very reluctant, for example, to perform vasectomies on young single men who have not had children. When we perform a vasectomy, we don’t want to have to reverse it later.

Here's the link: Vasectomy - Expert Q & A - The Myths and Realities of a Vasectomy - NY Times Health

10,000-30,000 men is not an insignificant number. And if you say, "I'm SURE I won't change my mind," do you think those 10,000-30,000 men would have had a vasectomy thinking they would change their minds? Of course not. They were SURE also when they had their vasectomies, but they changed their minds. I am NOT saying you are going to change your mind, but it could happen.

Lest you think I'm against your decision, here's a pretty good article from an NBC interview I saw a while ago about a 28 year old single childless guy who had a vasectomy. It talks about how he deals with telling potential girlfriends and the fact that there ARE women out there who are very suppportive of his decision: Vasectomy at 28: One man's decision - Health - MSNBC.com. I agree you should do what you think you should, but you need to be aware that it's often irreversible in case you do change your mind.
My friend said 1 on 10 men who have vasectomies regret it. They may regret it and feel guilty for having a vasectomy, but I don't they should feel any shame in it.

I do hope a future girl I'm with will understand that if I tell her that I'm childfree permanantly or I had a vasectomy, she won't run off in terror like something's wrong with me. I read the article, and whats so sad is that most of the childfree are single.

I read the comments directed at Tony and I was shocked at some of the comments the parents left said they though people who never want kids and want to get sterilized are selfish and lonely, and kids are a blessing.

Its a pitty that some childfree individuals can't find the right one for them. We don't have it easy at all.

Last edited by wclac; 07-05-2008 at 02:44 AM..

Old 07-05-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're kiddin', right...?!
I don't think she is...

That's why I mentioned mental grocery lists - at least you keep up SOME appearance of interest...

Old 07-05-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
What about a man who had experience with a stripper. No sex or nothing, how he handles a stripper. That could be practice.
You'd have to be in a VERY liberal club to practice that particular form of exercise.

I'd have to bounce you out of my place.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
You'd have to be in a VERY liberal club to practice that particular form of exercise.

I'd have to bounce you out of my place.
I was at those liberal clubs, and was she fine. It makes me excited to even think about it.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I was at those liberal clubs, and was she fine. It makes me excited to even think about it.
There's hope for you yet, son!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships