Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:35 AM

306 posts, read 900,751 times

Advertisements

I have noticed on this board (and in life) that a lot of women seem to expect too much from their men. This often leads to hurt feelings, arguments etc. I think some of this could be alleviated by us women remembering that men DO NOT think the same way we do.

Usually men say exactly what they mean. There are no hidden meanings or bad intentions. Women on the other hand often make statements with hidden meanings and then expect men to pick up on what that hidden meaning is. I think that we assume that men's minds work just like ours when that is just not the case. Men are SIMPLE (I don't mean that as in "stupid"). They don't spend time pondering things or making sure they are going to say something the "right" way. And it's unfair of us to expect them to think in a manner that isn't natural to them.

Ladies, take it easy on your men. Let them love you the way they know how and in a way that is natural and comfortable to them and love them back for it. This is just my opinion based on my experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:40 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlammons View Post
I have noticed on this board (and in life) that a lot of women seem to expect too much from their men. This often leads to hurt feelings, arguments etc. I think some of this could be alleviated by us women remembering that men DO NOT think the same way we do.

Usually men say exactly what they mean. There are no hidden meanings or bad intentions. Women on the other hand often make statements with hidden meanings and then expect men to pick up on what that hidden meaning is. I think that we assume that men's minds work just like ours when that is just not the case. Men are SIMPLE (I don't mean that as in "stupid"). They don't spend time pondering things or making sure they are going to say something the "right" way. And it's unfair of us to expect them to think in a manner that isn't natural to them.

Ladies, take it easy on your men. Let them love you the way they know how and in a way that is natural and comfortable to them and love them back for it. This is just my opinion based on my experiences.
Well, I know what you mean. I don't mean to generalize, but women do expect too much in relationships which can be very complicated. I do think in intimate relationships, everything always has to go a woman's way, and not a man's which is kinda unfair.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:50 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
The women who have the most success in relationships do not try to control or mold the men in their lives. They simply understand what motivates men: Easiness. A man will do anything for a woman who makes his life easy. If you like drama, expect problems and a complete lack of satisfaction. If you want something, just ask him broadside and point blank. He'll do it. Remind him ahead of time (but not too much so) about your birthday because he'll forget. Expecting him to remember is just asking for trouble.

Men are simple as dirt. Just make it easy for him and he'll be putty in your hands. Try to control him and you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:56 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
I have noticed on this board (and in life) that a lot of women seem to expect too much from their men.
Ok. Ill bite. What is too much?

Quote:
Ladies, take it easy on your men. Let them love you the way they know how and in a way that is natural and comfortable to them and love them back for it.
Ok, but that can go both ways.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:03 AM

306 posts, read 900,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok. Ill bite. What is too much?

I mean that we often expect men to behave in a way that isn't natural for a lot of them. A lot of men do not remember special occasions, and are not sensitive to subtleties of conversation, and don't think about complimenting/snuggling/talking about feelings the way that women do.

Ok, but that can go both ways.
I agree. However it is usually not men complaining about the relationship (feeling like they are not getting what they think they NEED) it's women.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
YOu forget women put a lot on themselves too, and they push themselves to do everything, and be the supermom/clean house/ and work full time.

When you are doing that and you see your "man" put in less than 50% of the effort you are, well that's when the hurt feelings come.

We know you are "simple" - what we'd like is for you to push yourselves too, so that we don't have to

BTW - My husband is not like this, he does the cleaning and child rearing. He's much better at it then me.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Ok, I get it.
No conversation
No communication
No intimacy, oops, you might want that third one.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Ok, I get it.
No conversation
No communication
No intimacy, oops, you might want that third one.
No intimacy? Isn't that punishing yourself also? Withholding sex would mean punishing myself.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlammons View Post
I agree. However it is usually not men complaining about the relationship (feeling like they are not getting what they think they NEED) it's women.
In my experiences, I rarely hear husbands complaining about their wives, once in a while, and usually with very good reason. But the women complaining about their husbands far outweigh the men - sometimes with good reason, but mostly for little stuff that really in my opinion is not worth it.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
In my experiences, I rarely hear husbands complaining about their wives, once in a while, and usually with very good reason. But the women complaining about their husbands far outweigh the men - sometimes with good reason, but mostly for little stuff that really in my opinion is not worth it.
MLV, I wish I could give you more rep points for your last two posts above but I need to spread it around more first. You so sooooo right.

My wife would never withold the intimacy part because she also looks at it as punishing herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships