Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:20 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I'm quite comfortable with how I look and who I am. So I really don't feel the need to label myself in one of your categories.
If you read some of the OP's other posts you can draw your own conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 03:21 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you read some of the OP's other posts you can draw your own conclusions.
Interesting, didn't read any others but I'd have to say it's probabably a troll alert no?

Old 07-13-2008, 03:24 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Interesting, didn't read any others but I'd have to say it's probabably a troll alert no?
He's the guy that posted the thing about white women not aging well.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:36 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
He's the guy that posted the thing about white women not aging well.
Ohhhh him. Say no more, yeah there's some issues there, I'll keep my opinions to myself on this one

Old 11-27-2009, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,412 times
Well, why would you post something like this . . ? i read this, and found it highly offensive . How could you label people like this ? I find it highly rude, not to mention unattractive, when guys and even girls categorize people in groups . Can`t it just be "bad personality vs. Good personality" and if it came to looks, your type or not your type ? everyone has their opinion on people, so calling someone ugly, or hot, could be the opposite for someone else . Get over yourself and learn that treating people like this, gets you know where . If any girl knew you were labeling them like this, they`d probably think twice, for their self esteem, about being with you . there is no ugly or hot, or even average . To the worst, if you think someone IS unattractive, keep it to yourself, because that ugly person, could be the most beautiful, appealing women to someone else .

Old 11-27-2009, 07:15 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
is anyone else offended or annoyed at some of these commenets?

No because the poster is just posing an honest question. The same question could be posed to women about men and no one would get upset... LOL
In fact I'll respond from a womans POV. When I was younger and even when I was single a few years ago, I dated guys everything from really good looking and "hot" to very average guys and even one guy that just didn't have much going on in the looks department but was very sweet and smart.
Even with men, my girlfriends have a joke about when we see a really hot guy, we always joke and say something like, "yeah, as long as he keeps his mouth shut, we'll be good to go" or something like that meaning, he might be good looking but there is nothing in the intelligence department or personality department.

The problem is, when someone knows they are good looking they take advantage of that and don't use any of their other attributes (if any) to make something of themselves. They walk around like the world owes them a favor for being good looking and are really just nothing special other than their looks. So as you can see, women do think the same thing about looks as men do.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:41 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg

Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 AM

138 posts, read 285,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Aprea View Post
Everyone has issues. When i was in playgirl 1985, I didnt have issues. Now my ex says I do lol
I remember that year !!!

Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
I'm an attractive female, although I don't fit the Barbie-ideal... I'm more exotic due to my mixed heritage.

I've noticed that a good proportion of the stereotypically-hot girls are so vapid it's almost painful to have a conversation with them. Plus, there voices always sound so whiny. Why? Note: Not all "hot" girls are like this; I've met some very genuine ones. It really depends on the person.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:42 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm an attractive female, although I don't fit the Barbie-ideal... I'm more exotic due to my mixed heritage.

I've noticed that a good proportion of the stereotypically-hot girls are so vapid it's almost painful to have a conversation with them. Plus, there voices always sound so whiny. Why? Note: Not all "hot" girls are like this; I've met some very genuine ones. It really depends on the person.
Mango, I totally agree w/ you. I'm Trinidadian so where do I fit

Anyways, I think most men prefer to be with a girl who is more "natural" at least for the long run. I also think it's the same for females, sure we "may" fantasize about the hunky hunk who fixes cars or who turns into a werewolf (cue: Twilight) but not for marriage...

of course, I can only speak for myself as 1 woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships