Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post

It was wrongly interpreted, and I changed it to be clearer.
Face it. You were wrong. I read it very clearly and you changed it. It's funny you feel like you were misunderstood and wronged in the process. You keep saying that about those who point out errors in your own interpretation skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:

Oh, that's right, it doesn't matter what I actually meant when I say something.

Because if I don't approve of open marriages, then you already "know" how I interpret things and how close-minded I am.

Therefore, nothing else I say will matter because you just KNOW what I mean already.

And if I don't agree with you, there is something wrong with me.
I noticed you added this to your post afterwards. You like that edit button, don'tcha?

Where in the world did I ever say any of that? Quote me. I don't go back and change my posts ...so just quote me.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 AM

233 posts, read 827,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly757 View Post
Face it. You were wrong. I read it very clearly and you changed it. It's funny you feel like you were misunderstood and wronged in the process. You keep saying that about those who point out errors in your own interpretation skills.
I honestly did not say that you were in an open marriage because you already mentioned that you and your DH weren't in one in a previous post.

You just like to think that I made a mistake so you can criticize me.

If it makes you feel better, then go ahead and think that. But I didn't mean that because I already knew you weren't in one.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I noticed you added this to your post afterwards. You like that edit button, don'tcha?

Where in the world did I ever say any of that? Quote me. I don't go back and change my posts ...so just quote me.
Here is what you said:

No, that's okay. We already know how you interpret things. It won't make a difference if you do go back and edit what you said. Besides, you've already been quoted so it won't update on other posts.

Really, it's time to let it go. You are trying to fit in AND convert our thinking at the same time. That's not a good mix.

-----------------------------------------------

"we already know how you interpret things. It won't make a difference if you do go back and edit what you said".

there you go.

You and sananQT also speculated as to why others don't see things in your way and implied that those who don't have something wrong with them.

Oh lord, people who disapprove of open marriages must have something wrong with them. Wonder why? hmmmm....

Oh, I remember, you also wrongly guessed that I had some pent up rage due to relationship failure because I disapproved of open marriages. There you go.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:

You and sananQT also speculated as to why others don't see things in your way and implied that those who don't have something wrong with them.

Oh lord, people who disapprove of open marriages must have something wrong with them. Wonder why? hmmmm....
Okay, I will make it simpler for you...

Where did I ever say that there was something wrong with you for having a different opinion than mine?

If anything, you were chastising those who differ with yours.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I have to say, I'm surprised at how many don't have an opinion or think this is fine.
That's the first time you chastised those who differed with your opinion.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Okay, I will make it simpler for you...

Where did I ever say that there was something wrong with you for having a different opinion than mine?

If anything, you were chastising those who differ with yours.
When you guessed that I had been burned in the past and that you sensed in me "rage". If that's not saying there is something wrong with me, then I don't know what is.

When someone says something that doesn't make sense, I like to bring it to attention to clear things up.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
It was definitely directed at you. The fact that you can extrapolate from that thinking that she is agreeing with you says it all.
Here is the next example of attacking someone with a differing opinion than yours.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
That's the first time you chastised those who differed with your opinion.
I was honestly surprised. It would've been chastising if I said "you disgusting people who don't see anything wrong with this".

Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Here is the next example of attacking someone with a differing opinion than yours.
I was attacking your intolerance, not the fact that you disagreed with me.

I think it was uncalled for, and should've used better wording, I'll concede that.

But it was not due to your different view, just the fact that you are intolerant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships