Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 09:02 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,569,019 times

Advertisements

Jenny, you should look out also, your hate is also showing in some of your articles. I guess some people are different than you and you yourself can not accept that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,098,560 times
Jenny, it's your life, but we're all human, and while I admire you for being open and honest, I don't admire some of the articles you've written...while your beliefs are signficant in who you are, so are ours...

creme

Old 07-23-2008, 10:53 PM

233 posts, read 825,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Jenny, it's your life, but we're all human, and while I admire you for being open and honest, I don't admire some of the articles you've written...while your beliefs are signficant in who you are, so are ours...

creme
What other articles has she written besides the two about her open marriage? Any links or google search tips?

Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 PM

Oh, is this what MonaLisaVito and creme are referring to : "People can be so hateful. And I know they're really just sad or misunderstood or uninformed" ?

Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
How cool is this! Jenny herself!
Yay!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:05 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,569,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post
Oh, is this what MonaLisaVito and creme are referring to : "People can be so hateful. And I know they're really just sad or misunderstood or uninformed" ?
Just do a search for her I guess, I don't remember where I read the articles. Something about homosexuals. She went on and on ridiculing some family with all kinds of stereotypes. The family, according to her were homophobes, but that didn't stop her from nasty name-calling on their part. I guess it's ok to bash others who don't fit her idea of what is right, but don't you dare bash what her idea of "right" is.

.....sorry, I'm a little sleepy right now,,,, hope my post makes sense.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 PM

for instance, she wrote an article about Will Smith and his wife that there are rumors that he and his wife participate in open marriages, and she proceeds to say, in the article, that she's mad because he hasn't come out in the open about it...

Quote:
she writes

Is he just ignoring it? Are they plotting their response? Or could it be that it's true and they aren't ashamed of it? If that's the case, I can't help but wonder what the public's response will be. Will they boycott his films? Demand refunds on their fan club memberships? Take to the streets with pitchforks and torches? Somehow I doubt it.

And that's what makes me mad.

Although, I have to admit, it also makes me really happy.

Nothing like a celebrity coming out to give credence to something otherwise considered impossible or unacceptable. It's a bold move. But I wonder too if it's a calculated one. Nothing like the big reveal to get people talking about you. And going to see your movies. And buying your actions figures. And, well, you get the idea. Not that I think Smith or his publicity machine got the info out there just to get attention. He already has that. I'm just curious about the timing and the lack of response from his camp.

So she is mad because he is not coming out with it, which she thinks will benefit her cause...and, to boot, no one knows if it's even true..?????

In another article she writes:

I realize a lot of people are homophobic. I think it's ridiculous, of course. But I'm not naïve enough to think it doesn't exist, despite my relative luckiness to not encounter it personally on a regular basis. I understand that it is about ignorance and lack of exposure to people and cultures different from their own.

What I don't understand is what I experienced Sunday night (June 22). I went to the True Colors concert tour stop in Dallas. It's a fundraiser for the HRC (Human Rights Campaign) and although there were plenty of straight people there, more than 50% of the crowd, I'm pretty sure, was gay. It was like Pride with better music.

Look Out, Your Hate is Showing: Homophobia is Alive and Well

Posted June 24, 2008 | 05:25 PM (EST)

Jenny Writes: I realize a lot of people are homophobic. I think it's ridiculous, of course. But I'm not naïve enough to think it doesn't exist, despite my relative luckiness to not encounter it personally on a regular basis. I understand that it is about ignorance and lack of exposure to people and cultures different from their own. What I don't understand is what I experienced Sunday night (June 22). I went to the True Colors concert tour stop in Dallas. It's a fundraiser for the HRC (Human Rights Campaign) and although there were plenty of straight people there, more than 50% of the crowd, I'm pretty sure, was gay. It was like Pride with better music.
Carson Kressley was the MC. Wanda Sykes was the special guest. And the B-52's, Lily Haydn, Joan Jett, Andy Bell (from Erasure), and Cyndi Lauper all performed. It seemed pretty clear to me what the climate would be. People were in party mode, laughing and dancing and singing. You could be as out as you want to be there with no need for worry.
Or so I thought.

About a quarter of the way into the five hour show, what looked to me like a mother and father and their four children - one appeared to be seven or eight, the others ranging from fourteen to twenty-five - walked in and sat down in the row in front of us. They seemed out of their element and unhappy from the get go, their faces blank despite the revelry around them.

The parents wore typical style-less clothing circa the mid-eighties (and I don't think they were "theme" dressing because of the musical guests) and the kids looked like typical middle America - except for the fact that one of the boys was wearing a t-shirt from some right-wing, fundamentalist, you're-going-to-hell-if-you-don't-agree-with-me camp and the daughter (the other three children were boys) was wearing what looked to be a chastity, purity ball, my-virginity-belongs-to-my-daddy ring.

The kids sat in perfect stillness for the first few minutes and then it started. They whispered and giggled and texted to one another, pointing at various concert-goers. They took photos and video of same-sex couples dancing and being affectionate and then reviewed it, covering their mouths to stifle the gufaws. They mimicked the people dancing and generally misbehaved like small children at the opera or a five-star restaurant.

The parents danced goofily, completely oblivious to their children's behavior.

At first I was angry. I wanted to "tattle" on them to their mother for their inappropriate behavior or waggle my finger at them and say, "Shame on you. You are precisely the reason events like this are needed - to raise money for funding to educate lumps like you and legislature to protect people from your backward thinking."

But then I realized that I shouldn't be angry with them, I should pity them. There they were in a stadium full of people having a fabulous time and they were so frightened and felt so out of place that all they could think to do was make fun of people. I felt embarrassed for them.
It reminded me though of how imperative it is that we protect the newly gained right to gay marriage in California and how vital the upcoming election is. We can't get lazy. Those kids are going to grow up sooner than we think. Now they're just behaving foolishly. But how long before they begin acting dangerously instead?
Dangerously instead???? (eye roll)

It alwasy amazes me how people exhauggerate to prove their own point...

not to mention, exploiting Will Smith and His Wife, before she even knows the truth....and will anyone ever know? It's his business, his life...but she wants to exploit it to say...look, even Will Smith indulges....

rubbish, proves nothing, no matter who does it, it's their own personal business and doesn't boost anyone adgenda, simpy trashes someone else's life...in the attempt to justify her own adgenda? Makes no sense to me...

sad...

Old 07-23-2008, 11:40 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,033,804 times
Are you trashing her life to boost your own agenda? Interesting...

Quote:
it's their own personal business and doesn't boost anyone adgenda, simpy trashes someone else's life...in the attempt to justify her own adgenda?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly757 View Post
Are you trashing her life to boost your own agenda? Interesting...
nope, simply quoting her, and personally giving my opinion

she put her opinions out there, and to me, she seems like a very controlling person who wants to boost her adgenda at all costs....including the personal lives of others....

actually, my account of her articles are true....

But, she doesn't even know if the Rumor of Will Smith is...and she took it upon herself to exploit him and his wife...??????

she put it out there for everyone to read...

Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,033,804 times
An opinion never makes anything true. Hers, or yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships