Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 06:57 AM

616 posts, read 1,161,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
lack of education...they don't really know how to express themselves in any other way...

Not that I'm so great, but yes, indeed, I've seen it here. They don't know how to communicate, or even consider someone else's idea as being somewhat logical...they're right and that's it, and if you challenge them, they insult you in every way. I saw it happen in a recent post...the guy thought, he was an expert, and he didn't know how to discuss the issue...and to boot, he wasn't a kid. He took any other idea that was posted as a great insult to his persona....so he lashed out with name calling, which in his own mind, made him a better person. He could not and is not able to consider anyone else's ideas, or opinions, which so stagnates a person. Yanno, you can possess a masters degree, but there is nothing more valuable then the ability to consider the opinions and ideas of others, not to mention, allow them, and realize, you will never know everything there is to know. You will learn until the day you die, and if you don't, you stagnate not only yourself, but pass that attitude down to your children...and on and on. It is a shame.

Again Creme, I'm in full agreement with your evaluation! Here's a friendship request
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because people don't want honesty. They want validation.
I gave THEM honesty and they called me a fraud.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:20 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,336 times
I don't mind negative advice on the threads I post I don't always like what they say but I read it and take note of it as I do the positive ones. What I don't like is when you take note and they still go on to criticize. I don't feel at that point they are being helpful and that's what we need is help when we come here. Even when someone critiques you it should be in a manner to help make you or your situation better. But once you have critiqued move on.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because people don't want honesty. They want validation.
I prefer honest validation with a touch of immoral support.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
You throw something out there, and you don't like the responces
Hmffff
The people who disagree are all "meanies".
I see it all the time.
The suck-up people.
the disagree with anything people.
The i want sympathy people.
The I hate everybody people.

The world takes all kinds!

The you haven't read all 5800 posts by me so you don't know, people...lol
to those people I say....when do you have time to be in a relationship, or feed your kids? aybe you could afford your bills if you stopped paying internet and instead got a job?

We are such an enabling society. Most people can easily fix their problems with a little effort. But gosh we love to beat our own drum, don't we? How's that for harsh?
I'm not sure I like this post!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:50 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
lack of education...they don't really know how to express themselves in any other way...

Not that I'm so great, but yes, indeed, I've seen it here. They don't know how to communicate, or even consider someone else's idea as being somewhat logical...they're right and that's it, and if you challenge them, they insult you in every way. I saw it happen in a recent post...the guy thought, he was an expert, and he didn't know how to discuss the issue...and to boot, he wasn't a kid. He took any other idea that was posted as a great insult to his persona....so he lashed out with name calling, which in his own mind, made him a better person. He could not and is not able to consider anyone else's ideas, or opinions, which so stagnates a person. Yanno, you can possess a masters degree, but there is nothing more valuable then the ability to consider the opinions and ideas of others, not to mention, allow them, and realize, you will never know everything there is to know. You will learn until the day you die, and if you don't, you stagnate not only yourself, but pass that attitude down to your children...and on and on. It is a shame.
I have to agree with you on the way you put it here.. It isnt really a school education we are talking about here.. more like an upbringing education. I have always been told the apple does not fall far from the tree and in my years on this earth, I have seen this to be true.

This starts when they are at home and their parents do not know how to communicate. Now I know, just because your parents do not know how to communicate does not necessarily mean that you wont be able to communicate but as I stated above.. the apple usually doesnt fall far from the tree.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:19 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I have to agree with you on the way you put it here.. It isnt really a school education we are talking about here.. more like an upbringing education. I have always been told the apple does not fall far from the tree and in my years on this earth, I have seen this to be true.

This starts when they are at home and their parents do not know how to communicate. Now I know, just because your parents do not know how to communicate does not necessarily mean that you wont be able to communicate but as I stated above.. the apple usually doesnt fall far from the tree.
You can write all the college papers in the world, have the highest degree in education, but that still doesn't merit someone's knowledge on the subject or issue. Get a real kick out of someone who says, I wrote a paper on the topic, (so that makes them an expert and knowlegable) I think not. Life experience and moral upbringing along with manners goes a heck of a lot further, plus the ability to allow others.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,604,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Then there's the annoying a**holes who butt into threads thinking they know all about it and take it waaaay off topic and accuse the poster of being a liar because they don't like the way something is written. They are especially aggravating.
You are so right

Old 01-04-2009, 08:22 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
You are so right
I know. Thank you.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:37 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,604,187 times
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships