U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM

7,709 posts, read 8,179,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
By the way, you only have to look as far as your ID to get your answer.

Your screen name is "Tall Model Looking Girl," but you get ticked off because guys approach you as the "Tall Model Looking Girl." You can't have it both ways, you know.
Exactly. I've had a number of truly beautiful women as friends and co-workers but they did not define themselves by their beauty. If you want to be respected and loved for more than your physical beauty, you're going to have to stop focusing on how you look and focus on who you are. Others will do the same.

I just looked at your profile and it says your are an ex fashion model and beauty queen and under interests it says "beauty." I think I'm seeing a pattern here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,266,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Model Looking Girl View Post
Your right, but my beauty is my identity!
Good luck with that.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM

306 posts, read 623,326 times
Maybe you should go camping for a week with a couple of friends who have never seen you without makeup and hair done. I mean really camping - no potty, no shower, no electricity. Catch your own food in a stream, put your poo in a baggie and carry it out of the campsite with you (it's bagged so that animals don't smell it and "visit" you at the campsite). Just you and nature and a couple of people seeing you doing things you need to do to survive. You might be surprised at some of the things you find out about yourself.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,645,824 times
Wah wah wah!

If you think you would be happier being unattractive, then maybe you should indeed try your suggestion of purposely making yourself ugly. Even a beautiful person can be made un-noticeable with no make-up (when everyone else is wearing it, like where I live), hair short or in a boyish or fuddy duddy style, and of course your clothes can be toned down to remove any hint of sex appeal. Somehow I suspect you play up your looks though and that you really dont want to change this.

What is the REAL problem? Are you not able to get a relationship to move past the sexual attraction stage? I found it hard to develop deeper relationships in my 20s in my city, where everyone in that age group seems to be into dating and keeping it light and often not much into settling down.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:21 AM

1,246 posts, read 2,134,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Model Looking Girl View Post
Your right, but my beauty is my identity!
If thats the case then that is your problem right there. If your whole identity is wrapped up in your "beauty", then you can not blame anyone who supposedly characterizes you by nothing more than that. Afterall, you yourself claim it to be your identity. That seems pretty shallow to me honestly, not trying to be mean but it just does.

Perhaps you should revisit your identity and find something more non-superficial to identify yourself as and perhaps then other people will take note of that.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:25 AM

1,246 posts, read 2,134,262 times
Also, my mother is in the entertainment industry and let me tell you I have met many women who even I can say were absolutely beautiful. However, their down to earth personality and smarts is what really stood out for them.

You will be treated as you put yourself out to be. If you put yourself out to be nothing more than a pretty face with nothing of substance behind it, that is exactly what you will be treated as, nothing but a pretty face.

As a woman myself, I rather be known and valued for far better qualities than looks. Afterall, looks fade and years from now we will all be full of wrinkles and old. What will you have left then.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 AM

8,310 posts, read 21,859,222 times
Alright...

If I sat down and thought all day about a list of my problems to complain about in a public forum that people would have NO sympathy for whatsoever, I'm sure that "Being too good looking" would be at the very top of that list.

Why don't you try impressing upon those around you that you are also a talented conversationalist who is firmly grounded in reality and does not suffer foolish, physically oriented men? That would probably be more effective than some biblical undertaking like cutting your hair. Freud felt that women who drastically change their hair do so as a response to a perceived loss of control in their personal lives.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:35 AM

25,301 posts, read 27,541,721 times
By the way, why don't you post your photo? Then we can all heap praise on your general attractiveness.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:38 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,956,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
Afterall, looks fade and years from now we will all be full of wrinkles and old. What will you have left then.
A large bank account from all those years of being professionally beautiful?

Or was that a rhetorical question?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 AM

25,301 posts, read 27,541,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
A large bank account from all those years of being professionally beautiful?

Or was that a rhetorical question?
I gave the very same answer. I feel like being a philosopher today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships