Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 09:07 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,285,608 times

Advertisements

I'm not going to judge her. People do all kinds of things they think they shouldn't.

My wish for all women who play the mistress role is this- I hope your love divorces his family and then becomes your husband. That way he'll get a chance to do it to you. I hope you will be understanding towards his mistress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 09:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,799,790 times
Quote:
The problem is I've been in his wife's shoes and she found out about us after a couple of months but doesn't know we're still seeing each other.
You really should be ashamed of yourself, especially since you have been in the other shoes.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 AM

22 posts, read 61,931 times
Uhmm why would you do the same thats been done to you for one & hes just gunna turn arround and do the same thing to you , what makes you better than her? Hes allready got his life built with her sometimes people want a clean slate but they dont wanna leave the person who knows everything about them so 9 chances outta 10 ur gunna be the one crying in the end !

Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,058,567 times
Default dating a married man

I don't understand why women do it. He is not that great of a catch if he is cheating on his wife and children. Do you honestly believe that he wouldn't do the same thing to you that he is doing to his wife?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,053,188 times
There is nothing right about a cheating spouse, or encouraging someone else's spouse to cheat. If a person is going to cheat on a spouse, whether it be a woman or a man, nothing they say about it is true.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 AM

8,064 posts, read 17,953,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
I don't understand why women do it. He is not that great of a catch if he is cheating on his wife and children. Do you honestly believe that he wouldn't do the same thing to you that he is doing to his wife?
i think many here mistakenly assume that the "other woman" always wants to MARRY the guy. i know two ladies at present who are having affairs with docs and the last thing in the world they want is to marry them!

they go on trips and to conventions with the docs and have a grand ole time and they say they have great sex and a lot of fun, which is all they want. In one case, the wife knows all about it, or so I've been told. She has the house, the prestige, the fancy lifestyle and the kids, which is what she wants, and his girlfriend gets a couple of trips a year and regular sexual adventures, which is what she wants. These particular docs are very good-looking and charismatic. I'm guessing that the wives recognize that they would be at high risk for affairs so they figure it's better to allow them to have known extra-curricular activities with "approved" women than to fall into indiscretions and put the families at risk.

It wouldn't be what I personally would choose but apparently it works for them. I DO agree that many people these days choose NOT to marry but still want some sort of relationship. Marriage is not the end-all, be-all anymore and people do have choices.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,058,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
i think many here mistakenly assume that the "other woman" always wants to MARRY the guy. i know two ladies at present who are having affairs with docs and the last thing in the world they want is to marry them!

they go on trips and to conventions with the docs and have a grand ole time and they say they have great sex and a lot of fun, which is all they want. In one case, the wife knows all about it, or so I've been told. She has the house, the prestige, the fancy lifestyle and the kids, which is what she wants, and his girlfriend gets a couple of trips a year and regular sexual adventures, which is what she wants. These particular docs are very good-looking and charismatic. I'm guessing that the wives recognize that they would be at high risk for affairs so they figure it's better to allow them to have known extra-curricular activities with "approved" women than to fall into indiscretions and put the families at risk.

It wouldn't be what I personally would choose but apparently it works for them. I DO agree that many people these days choose NOT to marry but still want some sort of relationship. Marriage is not the end-all, be-all anymore and people do have choices.
It still isn't the lifestyle I would choose. But to the OP it may not be the case and I think it is a very sad thing when a partner lets another one cheat.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 AM

8,064 posts, read 17,953,586 times
divorce laws have facillitated this, to some extent. Men don't want to lose half of what they worked for; women know that once the ring is on their finger they are entitled to money and property so they can hen-peck their husbands and deny them sex and the guys won't divorce them because they could lose big bucks. If they have kids under age 18, custody issues are almost always problematic.

I think that's why the affair statistics are so high. Bad marriages become simply a legal agreement they have to keep for financial reasons and appearances and then they look for affection and sex elsewhere.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 PM

51,905 posts, read 52,289,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
divorce laws have facillitated this, to some extent. Men don't want to lose half of what they worked for; women know that once the ring is on their finger they are entitled to money and property so they can hen-peck their husbands and deny them sex and the guys won't divorce them because they could lose big bucks. If they have kids under age 18, custody issues are almost always problematic.

I think that's why the affair statistics are so high. Bad marriages become simply a legal agreement they have to keep for financial reasons and appearances and then they look for affection and sex elsewhere.

Sad but I think this is true. I couldn't imagine being with a woman and her not being my "best" friend.

Life is a Mo Fo enough as it is. You need a good woman to be in your court.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:49 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,285,608 times
I would have assumed the same thing before I began researching divorce laws. Very few states have anything that says a man will lose half of everything if he has an affair. First off, it is difficult to prove intercourse when you don't have pictures, video, confession, etc.

Property splitting and alimony has much more to do with income disparity and who is reliquishing a career to raise children. THAT is what matters more than an affair (most of the time).

On top of that the judge may be in a bad mood that day, or your spouse may have a bulldog lawyer who knows how to play off the judge. It isn't as cut and dry as people may think.

As a matter of fact I only know of 1 state that will with no hesitation take adultery into consideration. It is written on the books.***

Other states rely more on the judges' discretion.

***If you are married to or will be married to an adulter(ess) and are thinking about getting rid of them, move to NC to file. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships