U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:26 PM

3,494 posts, read 9,721,848 times

Advertisements

anyone that has asked me to go out to dinner, already knows what a big dog lover i am, and of course i will ask for a doggie bag, if it's something my dogs would like, or will eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 08:02 PM

5,163 posts, read 10,293,752 times
The first thought that popped into my head was, "How much did the date order?" If it's obvious that they're taking advantage of the situation to not only take care of tonight's dinner, but tomorrow's lunch and possibly dinner, too, then it would be offensive. "Yes, I'll have the All You Can Eat ribs, and oh, whoops, couldn't finish this big pile on my plate; can I have a bag for it, please?" Uh huh... There would not be another date!

However, if they're just not that hungry possibly because they're nervous about dating, or if the portions are huge, what do I care if they take food home with them?

And as for the idea that it's unromantic to be carrying a bag in your hand that you have to put down in order to hug and kiss someone, I disagree. That's a good opportunity to see what kind of sense of humor the other person has. If they can see the humor in it, that would go a long way towards easing the tension inherent in the "hug and kiss" part.

I'm assuming that this question is posed for people who are newly dating, because after you've been with someone for a month or two, wouldn't this be a non-issue?

Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,836,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
And as for the idea that it's unromantic to be carrying a bag in your hand that you have to put down in order to hug and kiss someone, I disagree. That's a good opportunity to see what kind of sense of humor the other person has. If they can see the humor in it, that would go a long way towards easing the tension inherent in the "hug and kiss" part.
What I can't fathom mostly is that somebody thinks about tomorrow's lunch on a first date...

Quote:
I'm assuming that this question is posed for people who are newly dating, because after you've been with someone for a month or two, wouldn't this be a non-issue?
Yes, it would be a non-issue later on.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:30 PM

50,247 posts, read 47,579,412 times
no, i would like that. she does not waste food. i hate it when a pretty young thing orders a 40 dollar steak eats a bite has it taken away. to her thinking shows she is classy and a light eater. shows in reality to me is is wasteful and high maintenance.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no, i would like that. she does not waste food. i hate it when a pretty young thing orders a 40 dollar steak eats a bite has it taken away. to her thinking shows she is classy and a light eater. shows in reality to me is is wasteful and high maintenance.
Hey, some of us finish our steaks.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 PM

13,747 posts, read 12,291,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Doggie Bag? Never, I lick my plate clean

LOL....me to...

seriously...dosn't bother me either way...me, I usually can't eat everything they serve...so, I usually take it home and make another meal out of it...
that is, if I don't forget and walk out without it....

25,204 posts, read 19,026,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, some of us finish our steaks.
That's my kind of gal.

But what would you expect from a guy who calls himself "Chowhound"

10,593 posts, read 22,656,377 times
I normally don't order enough food that I would need a doggie bag when I'm out with someone I don't know. Don't want to be seen as a pig at the trough. However should it arise that I was not able to finish my food then I would probably ask for a doggie bag and if the guy thought badly of me for it then good riddance to a nit picker.

I was raised to not waste food. You pay for the food, assuming it was good, take it home and eat it later. If you have a dog that would enjoy it then share it with the pooch or in my case I have a daughter who might enjoy it since she was not included in the date.

I have dated guys who refuse to eat left overs at home and I think they are idiots.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's my kind of gal.

But what would you expect from a guy who calls himself "Chowhound"

Some of us are just munching on wonderful macadamia nuts while wonderful Mr. Johnnie Black is sending them down the tubes.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 PM

233 posts, read 619,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Would be nice to have at least a hand available just in case a hug or a kiss are involved...

Wait, sweetie, let me find a place to put my doggie bag down and then perhaps I'll lean towards ya and kiss ya... Only in America!
Somebody mentioned this also. That it would be awkward to lean in for a kiss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships