Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:38 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,686,506 times

Advertisements

We just moved in September and I hate it here. The kids do also. We had to pay for the move, the government did not pay. I feel cheated b/c I was pressured to do this by my dh and inlaws. I didn't want to move - we owned our house outright in Texas and although financially things were tough, they weren't impossible. We had to sell our house to pay for the move!
Now things are damn near impossible. We're struggling soooo hard here just to survive. I was 13 hours away from getting my BA in History/Psych. Now I have to retake the last 2 years. No help from said inlaws.
It's so hard to make friends up here. People are polite, but not really interested in being friends. That's hard for me - I've always had plenty of friends.
I'm having an EXTREMELY hard time w/ all the anger I have inside for dh for insisting on this move and his parents for pushing and pushing for it. There are days I don't even want to talk to him b/c I just remember where we were vs now. It was NOT an advantageous move for us, and I told him that when he was approached for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,403,158 times
I'm sorry you're feeling bad because of the move. It can't be easy moving when you don't want to.

Does your old university have on line classes you could take? What about transfer back credits? Many universities allow so many credits transferred in. Talk to yoru advisor and see what can be done.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:51 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,852,711 times
As a married guy, I have a feeling your husbands life will be hell tell he gets you home.

Don't let it wreck your marriage.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:58 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,711,423 times
I think for the sake of your marriage, you need to let it go. Your home is with your husband and children, is it not?
I have a friend (well ex-friend now because she was so negative all the time) that moved here because it was what her husband wanted, to be near his family after he retired from the military. She hated/hates everything about it, their house, the state, EVERYTHING. He got tired of her constant complaining and moved out on her. Now she is alone in a state she hates, in a house she hates.

That being said, I think you need to give a new place a good year before you really feel comfortable and at home. I've done 2 major moves and am ready for a 3rd. It's an adventure each time and as long as I have my husband and kids and our health, it's all good.
Good luck to you!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:14 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,192,285 times
Ooooooh, are you in Manasses, Virginia?? Yep, I would hate it too. I hope things get better for you soon. As another poster said, try a year and maybe you will find your niche.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:30 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,810,076 times
Find the good in the move. holding on to such bitterness will only poison you. The moce is done, now make it work. There may be some amazing gifts in store but you must clean the closet out before it can hold new clothes.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:35 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,769,408 times
Whenever I feel angry, I write about it and release it. I try to ask myself questions about why I'm feeling angry sometimes my anger is not what I think it is. Then I write about some more, releasing it onto paper. Then I try to find something that I am greatful for. I am greatful for my health, I am greatful for a body that works, I am greatful for air to breath, it elevates the spirits for me. You can be happy anywhere you are, we always have choices. Take care.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,582,133 times
I agree with the others. It is what it is now, so try to make the best of it.
If you continue to see only the negative, then there is no room for positive.
Its tough, but don`t ruin your marriage over it. Give it some time.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,686,506 times
Thanks you guys. I can't do school over the net b/c I'd have to pay out of state prices.

It did help to say this to SOMEONE. I haven't told him any of this, he has no clue (that I know of).

I have to say, this has become my home away from home. when I get really upset, I come here and it calms me. I love these boards.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,433,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Thanks you guys. I can't do school over the net b/c I'd have to pay out of state prices.

It did help to say this to SOMEONE. I haven't told him any of this, he has no clue (that I know of).

I have to say, this has become my home away from home. when I get really upset, I come here and it calms me. I love these boards.
Couldn't you take the courses you need at your current location and transfer them to your old school?

While I understand feeling homesick and sad, start exploring your new location and find the positives. Bloom where you're planted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships