Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times

Advertisements

We only have one grandson, and he stands to inherit over two million dollars, from our side. He has been protected, therefore, exuds a naivete that is very appealing to women. He is 6 ft. tall, dark, clean-cut, well-toned, and very handsome. He is attending college for graphic arts/illustrator, and is extremely talented. About 2 1/2 years' ago, he met this young woman, in college, who was on the rebound, due to someone breaking a relationship off with her. We did not know, until recently, but it appears that there are psychiatric problems in her family, that she has kept hidden. She is extremely intelligent, with lots of street smarts, a MASTER MANIPULATOR, EXTREMELY CONTROLLING, AND TRIES TO KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ALL HIS FRIENDS. She is very voluptous, and dresses to show off her figure, to the extent that we did not feel comfortable when she visited us, because she was coming out of her clothing. First, she got on the good side of his parents, and brainwashed everyone in the family.......except us, but we never mentioned anything frivolous about her. She baked cookies, made his favorite foods, talked about wanting to be a stay-home-mother to many of his children to be, upon graduation, spoke about their wedding, etc. We noticed that he follows her around like a puppy, and many times, she pushes him away from her. We came to the conclusion that he is in love with her more than she is with him. But realizing that this is his first love, and he lacks experience with women, said nothing. He spends all his money on her, and places her on a pedestal. During a family picnic, shortly after we met her, she calls out to him and in an ordering- tone of voice says: "S....bag, go get me a beer." We said nothing, but were fumming at her lack of respect for our grandson, as well as for us. He laughed it off, and said nothing, but I knew he was hurt. We later learned that she does this to him often in front of his friends. In addition, she is extremely secretive, about her past, and tells him nothing. She has no girlfriends, does not have a license to drive, therefore, she demands door-to-door service, and she lives about 1 1/2 hours from him, has difficulty staying on jobs for long, and there is always an excuse as to why she leaves the jobs or is fired. The first time he caught her cheating, it was at work, with another employee, and she gave him some far-fetched excuse, and ask for his forgiveness, putting all the blame on the other person. And the reason he caught her was because we tried to enlighten him a little bit by telling him to check her out. The second time was a week ago. She was exchanging provocative photos over the Internet, with someone else that she has been with. This time she told him that they were joking to see who showed more skin on the photos. And we believe there have been many others he has never learned about during the relationship. My grandson is devastated, he broke off with her, but we are picking up during conversations, that he is willing to forgive her, AGAIN!!!!!! He appears to be very depressed, and we are worried............for him......and that she may work herself back into his life, and he marries this floozy. They both graduate next year. We appreciate your comments, and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
wow this has got to be a woman i dated and dumped who has now looked up your grandson.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Is there anything you can really do? With the exception of advising him on the advantages of a prenup, there is not much more that can be done.

She sounds awful and I know it must be hard to feel like your hands are tied.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:56 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Yup, pre-nup is the way to go... and make conditional on his inheritance.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 PM

185 posts, read 701,588 times
By all means put his inheirtance in a spend down trust. That way she can never touch it. If they should marry and have children and god forbid something happens to him then it would be held in trust for his children when they became of age. Talk to an attorney about setting up the trust. A person can go through 2 million dollars in a few years.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
You can set up a trust so that even if your son gets married, whomever he chooses would NOT be able to take money from the trust, money earned by the trust, the house the trust purchased and so on.

It might be a little controlling but it sounds like you have the money to have her investigated. I think I might at least think about it if I were in your place. He doesn't have to know if you don't find anything. If your guy can get pictures then those can be delivered to him without him knowing who took them. You might just be rescuing him from a terrible fate. I sure hope he uses birth control.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:47 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,124 times
Red flag, red flag,
Make sure you talk to a lawyer and set up something that guarantees this leech can't get any of your grandson's inheritence and make sure she knows it.
Set up something where it might go to any kids he has but not to her.
In my opinion she has already shown by the way she treats your grandson that she cares nothing for him. She just wants a sugar daddy. She is a manipulator and controller and money is what she is in love with. Not the person.
Hopefully your grandson will wake up and realize this woman will cause him misery for as long as he will allow it.
I would suggest he dump her immediately and when he finds a REAL woman that he doesn't flaunt any money he may now have or may have in the future.
He needs to meet someone that will fall in love with him as a person. Not with his bank account.
His money will never buy her affection. It will only buy her staying with him as long as she can suck the blood out of him.
Then she will go on to the next one that is dumb enough to fall for her wicked ways.
Your grandson needs to look beyond the exterior and see her deceiving heart. Good looks are only skin deep. This woman's money lust goes clear to her core. It ain't going to change.
Take away any advantage she might think she has of ever getting your grandson's money. It just might save his life.
People like her do bad things to get money from anyone they can manipulate into making them a beneficiary.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:05 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Secure the money from her, make sure she knows it and she'll probably disappear.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
I would hire a private eye, find out all the dish on her and present this to her and at that point, have her sign a prenup.
But that's just me being evil. mu ha ha ha ha

Old 07-22-2008, 01:28 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
My guess is there is plenty to find out about this chick and it would probably be easy to dig up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships