Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:09 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
right--so lets stick it to the money hungry SOB's and have unprotected sex--that'll show 'em!
it is not about not being careful.It is about I have seen several posters express horridness over the thought of sex and one excuse they use for playing video games or waiting till they are 50 years old to loose their virginity is a"all those horrible diseases" out there.

Saturday driving home from work I saw a guy dead layed out on US HWY 19 after a car hit his bicycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 01:11 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
it is not about not being careful.It is about I have seen several posters express horridness over the thought of sex and one excuse they use for playing video games or waiting till they are 50 years old to loose their virginity is a"all those horrible diseases" out there.

Saturday driving home from work I saw a guy dead layed out on US HWY 19 after a car hit his bicycle.
Is this a post about points?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Is this a post about points?
over my head,what do you mean?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,833 times
sorry I forget where this came from but everywhere I drive if someones on the side of the road my wife says...10 points.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:18 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Mad Max?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:22 PM

actually it freaked me out.You see that and you drive slower and start looking at the trees and sky and think...........man Im glad to be alive.You start thinking about your life and all the things you still want to do and never want it to stop.On my road trip last year I saw a motorhome that had driven into the rear end of a stopped semi.It was a retired couple it turns out and they never had a chance.It folded like a accordian into it.

Last edited by lionking; 07-22-2008 at 01:30 PM..

Old 07-22-2008, 02:09 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Amazingly it's more "difficult" to catch HIV than most people realize. HIV in Africa is a different and much more virulent strain than the HIV in North America and Europe. Transmission is easier over there. In fact, the insertive partner in same gender activity is very unlikely to catch HIV as well (only slightly more risk than in in mixed gender activity). However, even a small risk should be enough for you to practice safer sex.

Since we're on the subject, HIV in North America is predominantly now a manageable chronic coniditions with life expectencies approaching that of non infected people. Many (if not most) positive people take only one to two pills per day. Still don't want to catch it, but it's not the death sentence it once was.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Amazingly it's more "difficult" to catch HIV than most people realize. HIV in Africa is a different and much more virulent strain than the HIV in North America and Europe. Transmission is easier over there. In fact, the insertive partner in same gender activity is very unlikely to catch HIV as well (only slightly more risk than in in mixed gender activity). However, even a small risk should be enough for you to practice safer sex.

Since we're on the subject, HIV in North America is predominantly now a manageable chronic coniditions with life expectencies approaching that of non infected people. Many (if not most) positive people take only one to two pills per day. Still don't want to catch it, but it's not the death sentence it once was.
If I am to be afraid, I'd be more afraid of herpes. Actually, isn't herpes visible...? Anybody know?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:28 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
oh cool.

But can you get other STDs by kissing and oral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You can't.It is not transmited that way.BTW there is not one documented case of getting it from oral sex.Go to the CDC they have facts there.

I always wondered why a mosquito can't transmit it............

Old 07-22-2008, 04:49 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
HIV in Africa is a different and much more virulent strain than the HIV in North America and Europe.
I've heard that before but I have no idea about it's veracity. I think that the majority of HIV positive people in Africa have no treatment options and once a person is infected, the virus generally runs it's course unchecked. There are a lot of people who remain sexually active with extreme viral loads and I would be inclined to believe that this has quite a bit to do with the rate of infection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships