Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:23 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Honestly, wclac! Do you have nothing better to do than sit around all day contemplating the evils of women? Why don't you just become a monk, move to a monastery, practice celibacy and take a vow of silence? You would do the world a great service and yourself a huge favor. Think about it. You wouldn't have to worry about women, you'd be in the company of other men, but not have sex with any of them, and you wouldn't have to hear yourself prattle on ad nauseam about how bad women are. What a great life for you!
Why is it when men ask a question, women makes gay jokes about them? They must really be into homosexuality themselves. I'm just trying to hang with good oranges, not the bad ones.

Last edited by wclac; 07-24-2008 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 09:28 PM

519 posts, read 1,697,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
So in most cases, everything has to go a gold digger's way huh?

Do you mean that gold diggers are generally selfish, self-absorbed people? Yes, they are. If they were selfless, they would CARE about preserving your finances. My best friend's sister is a gold digger. And she just got married. They are nearly $1 million in debt. I hope her husband can afford her.

Quote:
If I was rich, maybe I should hide my savings and never tell any woman about my wealth or how much I got. Like I said before, I'm very suspicious about/around women when it comes to gold diggers.
I never said you should hide your $$ ... as I said, if you are a braggart (there is a difference between sharing and bragging), you will attract gold diggers. I don't walk around telling people how much money *I* make. And, quite frankly, if you are on the first few dates, it's not really ANYONE'S business how much you make. My friends don't know how much money I make .. I just don't think it is polite conversation. Do you really need women to know how much you make?

Well, so you're suspicious ... I gave you several good examples and pieces of advice. What more do you want to know?

Old 07-24-2008, 09:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Alright, there's one of the two types of women I can't stand the most = gold diggers. I hate gold diggers. I've heard about some men who lived successful lives, but then women came into their lives and the men's lives got all messed up.

From watching movies to reading articles, I've heard a lot of successful men's lives were ruined because of these dogs. When I hear about women being gold diggers, they make me want to resent them as a whole.

How can one identify if their partner is a gold digger or not? Because I have a lot of opportunities ahead of me and I don't want those plans ruined because of a gold digger. Is that all women want in relationships = money?
I've been called a gold digger several times, even though I've always been employed and more often then not made more money then the person I was dating. I think though it's because I feel the same way you do; I feel like I have a bright future in front of me and will have lots of success financially and I don't want to get involved with a man who has more liabilities than assets so I ask a lot of questions about your finances and how you manage it because once you get married it's too late to do anything about his ****ty credit.

I let men know that I expect my husband to handle our finances; not saying that I won't work because I have my own career aspirations but if a problem comes up I want to know that my husband is capable of solving it. For some reason that freaks guys out like but I refuse to be one of those women married and working two jobs; if my husband expects to be the head of the household then there's no reason for me to be working 16 hours days.

I don't think there's one clear sing for gold diggers; you just have to be perceptive enough to tell if the person cares about you or your money. I don't agree with that whole thing I've heard some men do about lying about what they do to ward off gold diggers, because you may end up chasing a good woman away if she feels you with held information because you thought she might be a gold digger.

I think one of the biggest signs is that the person is always supporting moves that will equal more money but doesn't show any interest in what it is that you're doing that qualifies you to make that move. I dated one guy who was very supportive when I told him I was up for promotion and we spent a whole day talking about the benefits but then when I just wanted to share the basic day to day stuff with him; he didn't want to hear it

Good luck!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:31 PM

519 posts, read 1,697,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I've been called a gold digger several times, even though I've always been employed and more often then not made more money then the person I was dating. I think though it's because I feel the same way you do; I feel like I have a bright future in front of me and will have lots of success financially and I don't want to get involved with a man who has more liabilities than assets so I ask a lot of questions about your finances and how you manage it because once you get married it's too late to do anything about his ****ty credit.

I let men know that I expect my husband to handle our finances; not saying that I won't work because I have my own career aspirations but if a problem comes up I want to know that my husband is capable of solving it. For some reason that freaks guys out like but I refuse to be one of those women married and working two jobs; if my husband expects to be the head of the household then there's no reason for me to be working 16 hours days.

I don't think there's one clear sing for gold diggers; you just have to be perceptive enough to tell if the person cares about you or your money. I don't agree with that whole thing I've heard some men do about lying about what they do to ward off gold diggers, because you may end up chasing a good woman away if she feels you with held information because you thought she might be a gold digger.

I think one of the biggest signs is that the person is always supporting moves that will equal more money but doesn't show any interest in what it is that you're doing that qualifies you to make that move. I dated one guy who was very supportive when I told him I was up for promotion and we spent a whole day talking about the benefits but then when I just wanted to share the basic day to day stuff with him; he didn't want to hear it

Good luck!
Great advice -- I completely agree.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:32 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,621 times
Quote:
Why is it when misogynists ask a question, women makes gay jokes about them? They must really be into homosexuality themselves. I'm just trying to hang with good oranges, not the bad ones.
I wasn't making any gay jokes. You just seem to think that men are so much better than women, more fun to hang out with, therefore, a monastery would be the perfect place for you.

And, thank you for finally admitting you're a mysogonist. It comes through loud and clear

Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzter View Post
Do you mean that gold diggers are generally selfish, self-absorbed people? Yes, they are. If they were selfless, they would CARE about preserving your finances. My best friend's sister is a gold digger. And she just got married. They are nearly $1 million in debt. I hope her husband can afford her.

Does he even know that his wife is a gold digger. If he does, he needs to end the marriage ASAP.

Quote:
I never said you should hide your $$ ... as I said, if you are a braggart (there is a difference between sharing and bragging), you will attract gold diggers. I don't walk around telling people how much money *I* make. And, quite frankly, if you are on the first few dates, it's not really ANYONE'S business how much you make. My friends don't know how much money I make .. I just don't think it is polite conversation. Do you really need women to know how much you make?
Of course not, and probably never will tell her. My dad has said that if men want attractive women, then he must have money, making six figures. He's pretty old school.

Quote:
Well, so you're suspicious ... I gave you several good examples and pieces of advice. What more do you want to know?
Well, how can a man tell if a woman isn't a liar, a cheat, or isn't full of herself?

Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I wasn't making any gay jokes. You just seem to think that men are so much better than women, more fun to hang out with, therefore, a monastery would be the perfect place for you.

And, thank you for finally admitting you're a mysogonist. It comes through loud and clear
I don't hang with nobody, men or women. I stick to myself. Why would a misanthrope hang with people he doesn't trust?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:00 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,621 times
Quote:
I don't hang with nobody, men or women. I stick to myself. Why would a misanthrope hang with people he doesn't trust?
Well, a misanthrope wouldn't hang with anyone, now would he? What a sad existence. I don't know who or what damaged you, but you should really seek help, otherwise, you are destined to live the rest of your life bitter and alone. My heart goes out to you. It really does.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Are you in school still? Are you in college yet? A lot of people make their best friends and future career connections while in school. You need to get away from your neighborhood filled with "bad animals".

And attractive women aren't just looking for a man that is rich. How about a man that is productive and a functional responsible mature adult? That means that he's not a spendthrift, knows how to save money, advance in his career, is able to help purchase some real estate and when it comes time to retire, they can do so in comfort. They also want to find a man that is good company, considerate of their feelings and can make them laugh.

Right now, from your posts, it's clear that you aren't a happy camper and no fun to hang out with. You probably have a sour look on your face most of the day. When was the last time you had a good laugh?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Are you in school still? Are you in college yet? A lot of people make their best friends and future career connections while in school. You need to get away from your neighborhood filled with "bad animals".
In college, and I think I have all the training I need to get any career I want.

Quote:
And attractive women aren't just looking for a man that is rich. How about a man that is productive and a functional responsible mature adult? That means that he's not a spendthrift, knows how to save money, advance in his career, is able to help purchase some real estate and when it comes time to retire, they can do so in comfort. They also want to find a man that is good company, considerate of their feelings and can make them laugh.
No comment.

Quote:
Right now, from your posts, it's clear that you aren't a happy camper and no fun to hang out with. You probably have a sour look on your face most of the day. When was the last time you had a good laugh?
Well, if LA girls are reading my posts, they'll never find out who it is. I only laugh whenever I hear on the Maury Povich show that "You are NOT the father". I like the "out on control teen" segments. I wonder on those segments, why is it always the girls and not the guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships