U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2008, 08:11 PM

1,874 posts, read 472,426 times
Angry How can one tell if the other is a gold digger or not?

Alright, there's one of the two types of women I can't stand the most = gold diggers. I hate gold diggers. I've heard about some men who lived successful lives, but then women came into their lives and the men's lives got all messed up.

From watching movies to reading articles, I've heard a lot of successful men's lives were ruined because of these dogs. When I hear about women being gold diggers, they make me want to resent them as a whole.

How can one identify if their partner is a gold digger or not? Because I have a lot of opportunities ahead of me and I don't want those plans ruined because of a gold digger. Is that all women want in relationships = money?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 08:26 PM

3,061 posts, read 5,522,981 times
As far as I know the "Gold digger" variety only shows up if there is already some gold to mine. They won't care much for your potential opportunities unless there is already enough to live off now.

The best way to discover a gold digger would be to get to know her very well before you start trying to impress her by buying her affection. If she permits you to waste her time without paying her in baubles, then she is probably not after your wallet. If she won't give you the time of day if you dont pay her way, then she is not what you are looking for in a potential mate.

Common sense usually works very well for picking up on these basic clues. If you are dealing with a patient professional gold digger...sorry...you will have to find someone with personal experience with that personality to discover the tell tales.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 PM

3,489 posts, read 4,285,728 times
If they are overly happy and eager to please.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:34 PM

29,468 posts, read 17,691,317 times
Well, the easiest way to do this is to not try to impress women with money and to also not date a girl solely based on her looks.

Finally, a sure fire solution is to date girls that are independent and have thier own job, career etc.

Basically, don't troll the singles scene trying to attract hotties still living with their parents by flashing money. :-)

Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM

2,779 posts, read 4,846,859 times
Just don't get married.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Just don't get married.
Not to a gold digging animal.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 PM

541 posts, read 1,176,673 times
Umm .. I'm a female starting my PhD in the fall .. I *work* for my money. So, no, not all women are gold diggers.

A good way to tell if a woman is a gold digger is whether or not she is obsessed with labels. Not nutrition labels .. but designer labels. Of course not ALL women who wear designer labels are gold diggers. But, from the marriages I know where the man married a gold digger, the PROBLEM started with dating -- unlimited, expensive gifts with NO budget. Now these couples are married, and the women (now with their daughters) throw money around like no one's business (ex: mom and daughter hair highlights and acrylic nails every four weeks = $300+).

If you want to avoid gold diggers, don't act like your money grows on trees. Talk about budgets. Make sure she KNOWS there are spending limits. If you set a precedent while dating that she gets everything and anything, she WILL think that behavior will CONTINUE after marriage.

Or just don't advertise how much money you have until you get to know her better. If you're a braggart (I'm not saying you are), you will attract gold diggers.

And, obviously, if you truly get to know your partner's cares and concerns, you'll see whether or not she is a selfish or giving person. Gold diggers are, ultimately, selfish. Gold diggers = ME ME ME ME people.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:14 PM

So in most cases, everything has to go a gold digger's way huh? If I was rich, maybe I should hide my savings and never tell any woman about my wealth or how much I got. Like I said before, I'm very suspicious about/around women when it comes to gold diggers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzter View Post
Umm .. I'm a female starting my PhD in the fall .. I *work* for my money. So, no, not all women are gold diggers.

A good way to tell if a woman is a gold digger is whether or not she is obsessed with labels. Not nutrition labels .. but designer labels. Of course not ALL women who wear designer labels are gold diggers. But, from the marriages I know where the man married a gold digger, the PROBLEM started with dating -- unlimited, expensive gifts with NO budget. Now these couples are married, and the women (now with their daughters) throw money around like no one's business (ex: mom and daughter hair highlights and acrylic nails every four weeks = $300+).

If you want to avoid gold diggers, don't act like your money grows on trees. Talk about budgets. Make sure she KNOWS there are spending limits. If you set a precedent while dating that she gets everything and anything, she WILL think that behavior will CONTINUE after marriage.

Or just don't advertise how much money you have until you get to know her better. If you're a braggart (I'm not saying you are), you will attract gold diggers.

And, obviously, if you truly get to know your partner's cares and concerns, you'll see whether or not she is a selfish or giving person. Gold diggers are, ultimately, selfish. Gold diggers = ME ME ME ME people.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:16 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,215,996 times
Honestly, wclac! Do you have nothing better to do than sit around all day contemplating the evils of women? Why don't you just become a monk, move to a monastery, practice celibacy and take a vow of silence? You would do the world a great service and yourself a huge favor. Think about it. You wouldn't have to worry about women, you'd be in the company of other men, but not have sex with any of them, and you wouldn't have to hear yourself prattle on ad nauseam about how bad women are. What a great life for you!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:18 PM
miu

12,955 posts, read 21,492,877 times
LAFan - Do you even have what it takes to attract a gold digger? lol!

Watch out for a woman that dresses flashy and is addicted to designer labels. Also, make sure that she has a decent career going and likes to work. If a woman makes a lot of money on her own, then it's okay if she spends it on herself. A woman that doesn't like to work is trouble. If she loves her job, then she's also more likely to be someone that doesn't want to be a mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships