Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:57 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times

Advertisements

I'm 27, been married for 5 years and we have a 6 year old . We currently reside in Arizona and I'm very happy with my life but my problem is that I feel like i'm stuck here, in Az! I want to move in the WORST way..... I've lived here all my life and just want a change and a fresh slate but I'm torn between leaving my parents and little brother (22) behind. I've never lived more than 30 minutes away from them and I'm scared i'll miss them too much......anyone been here before? I just don't want to regrett anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 03:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm 27, been married for 5 years and we have a 6 year old . We currently reside in Arizona and I'm very happy with my life but my problem is that I feel like i'm stuck here, in Az! I want to move in the WORST way..... I've lived here all my life and just want a change and a fresh slate but I'm torn between leaving my parents and little brother (22) behind. I've never lived more than 30 minutes away from them and I'm scared i'll miss them too much......anyone been here before? I just don't want to regrett anything.
I don't get it. You're contradicting yourself in the same sentence... Where do you live?

Old 07-25-2008, 03:02 PM

730 posts, read 2,888,077 times
You want to move completely out of state? Would your husband support this? Where do his parents/family live? Maybe you could move close to them. I moved away when I was around your age but I did not have any children. I'm back now and I think the break was really good for me. (7 years, 2000 miles!) I understand where you are coming from but sometimes it's good to have the support of family when you have kids.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:08 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnePatrice View Post
You want to move completely out of state? Would your husband support this? Where do his parents/family live? Maybe you could move close to them. I moved away when I was around your age but I did not have any children. I'm back now and I think the break was really good for me. (7 years, 2000 miles!) I understand where you are coming from but sometimes it's good to have the support of family when you have kids.
Yes, colorado to be exact. We live in Arizona currently. My husband also shares my passion for Co and he would love to move there but he is also a little more realistic than I am His parents, brother and sister also live here, within 20 minutes of us, and he feels torn also.....Thanks for your insight....just a little frustrated right now.......

Old 07-25-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Yes, colorado to be exact. We live in Arizona currently. My husband also shares my passion for Co and he would love to move there but he is also a little more realistic than I am His parents, brother and sister also live here, within 20 minutes of us, and he feels torn also.....Thanks for your insight....just a little frustrated right now.......
Well, CO is close enough. If both of you are on board with the idea and employment is not a problem, go for it! You can always come back if you don't like it.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:24 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:

Why don't you do some soul searching as to why you want to move to Colorado. What would moving do to change your happiness. What is in your heart that tells you to go to another state, what would be enhanced in your life.

Life happens right now, right here, this moment. That's all there is to life is right now. How would moving change how you feel at any moment.

What would be enhanced??

Yes, I know a little heady and spiritual but what the heck.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:30 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Why don't you do some soul searching as to why you want to move to Colorado. What would moving do to change your happiness. What is in your heart that tells you to go to another state, what would be enhanced in your life.

Life happens right now, right here, this moment. That's all there is to life is right now. How would moving change how you feel at any moment.

What would be enhanced??

Yes, I know a little heady and spiritual but what the heck.
I tried to rep you but I need to spread the love a little more!

Well said and what a great reminder for all of us. No matter where you go, there you are.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:33 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Well, if thats what you both want to do, then do it. Otherwise, you may get antzy later on, and always wonder what it would be like, to live some where else.
You are 27 so its not like you are a Mommy`s girl anymore (or, maybe you are). But, then on the other hand, its hard for a child to grow up without family around. Make a decision and go with it. Good luck.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:20 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
No matter where you go, there you are.
That is the essence of what I was thinking.

No matter where you are you are still "you"

Old 07-25-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That is the essence of what I was thinking.

No matter where you are you are still "you"
To some extend... There are places where you can't be "you."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships