U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2008, 06:53 PM
 
1,567 posts, read 706,217 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
Most / Some men only care about having a TROPHY WIFE
But one day, looks will fade and they will realize what is really important.
This goes vice versa for women as well
Most men who get trophy wives are normally well off. They will never know the importance of relationships because having money pays off. Money=any women you want

 
Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 AM
 
13,156 posts, read 11,752,508 times
Reputation: 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
Most / Some men only care about having a TROPHY WIFE
But one day, looks will fade and they will realize what is really important.
This goes vice versa for women as well
I agree.....
but why cut off your family & friends, b/c of your wife? I'm thinking it is easier for that person to keep the peace rather then fight the spouse who finds everyone is no good.
 
Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 AM
 
Location: USA
1,863 posts, read 2,726,673 times
Reputation: 1796
I can't believe someone would start a thread titled, "why are men so stupid."

How insulting. I like men, myself.....
 
Old 08-04-2008, 08:18 AM
 
13,156 posts, read 11,752,508 times
Reputation: 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
since your explanation isn't very good, I could easily believe this was written by a man's mistress, and you are repeating the "Poor Me" line of crap he is feeding you. If I'm even close to the truth, know he is a lying sack of crap, and dump the dude.
If I'm wrong, you better do a better job of back ground explanation....
yes, you are way off base, in both respects, and if you had done a better job of reading the entire thread, perhaps you would understand better.

while I explained before, it was an upsetting emotional issue at the time I posted it and wasn't thinking clearly...
not everyone can live up to the expectations of others all the time....yes, it was very ignorant of me to post it that way....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 08-04-2008 at 09:40 AM..
 
Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 AM
 
13,156 posts, read 11,752,508 times
Reputation: 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
I can't believe someone would start a thread titled, "why are men so stupid."

How insulting. I like men, myself.....

again, if you had read the thread perhaps you'd understand...but you didn't. I was wrong, like I said, for entitling the thread this way...but you are wrong, for assuming, instead of reading, and if you think, it's that stupid, then why waste your time insulting someone...

just for the record...I love men...

perhaps it's not important to you, but it's important to me, b/c this is a family member...and it hurts us all, so while you might think this is a stupid thread, your welcome to your opinion, but please try and refrain yourself, from turning it into an insult yourself before you know the entire story. Yes, I was indeed wrong for posting this with such an ignoramous title...and I am sorry for that.....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 08-04-2008 at 09:41 AM..
 
Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 AM
 
1,072 posts, read 1,571,569 times
Reputation: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
again, if you had read the thread perhaps you'd understand...but you didn't. I was wrong, like I said, for entitling the thread this way...but you are wrong, for assuming, instead of reading, and if you think, it's that stupid, then why waste your time insulting someone...

just for the record...I love men...

perhaps it's not important to you, but it's important to me, b/c this is a family member...and it hurts us all, so while you might think this is a stupid thread, your welcome to your opinion, but please try and refrain yourself, from turning it into an insult yourself before you know the entire story. Yes, I was indeed wrong for posting this with such an ignoramous title...and I am sorry for that.....
I know, your thread is based on the frustration felt because of the growing trend that you saw of men who marry/ date women that would like the men to be controlled, and have no contact w/ their friends and family members....

One answer I can think of is weakness in the men that you observed, as in weakness of not being able to stand up for himself/ themselves, even if it would mean losing their marriage/ relationship to those women that are no good in the first place....

HOWEVER, this subject is actually universal. I have witnessed women who date/ marry (and have children) with MEN who are controlling and would not want these women to have any friendships at all, let alone friendships w/ the opposite sex, or "brainwash" these women cut off contact with all their long-term friendships.
 
Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
 
13,156 posts, read 11,752,508 times
Reputation: 7547
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post

One answer I can think of is weakness in the men that you observed, as in weakness of not being able to stand up for himself/ themselves, even if it would mean losing their marriage/ relationship to those women that are no good in the first place...

Thanks so much for your feedback...I think your right...and yanno, I believe in the very beginning, when all this starts, if the person would just stand up to the spouce and immediately nip it in the bud, well, I really think sometimes, that's what they really want. I don't believe the controlling spouce has any respect for their mate...and if the controlling spouce would leave then, that person would be better off with out them...and much happier, as well.
 
Old 08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
 
1,072 posts, read 1,571,569 times
Reputation: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Thanks so much for your feedback...I think your right...and yanno, I believe in the very beginning, when all this starts, if the person would just stand up to the spouce and immediately nip it in the bud, well, I really think sometimes, that's what they really want. I don't believe the controlling spouce has any respect for their mate...and if the controlling spouce would leave then, that person would be better off with out them...and much happier, as well.
... this case even more, like you said, when it involves your relative/ family member. I sure know of some men that "need to better educate themselves" on the fact that they can be treated better by their spouses. The reason behind these women's controlling behaviors can stem from high levels of insecurities, etc. You're right, these types of controlling behaviors should be nipped in the rear at the start.

In my particular situations, however, I know of two WOMEN who are in controlling relationships/ marriages. It angers me to know that they're being treated in such controlling ways, but it angers me even more knowing that they LET this jerks treat them as badly as they do.
 
Old 08-04-2008, 03:09 PM
 
13,156 posts, read 11,752,508 times
Reputation: 7547
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
..

In my particular situations, however, I know of two WOMEN who are in controlling relationships/ marriages. It angers me to know that they're being treated in such controlling ways, but it angers me even more knowing that they LET this jerks treat them as badly as they do.
It angers me to, b/c someone tried to talk with him just a little about the situation...he blames everything and everyone else, and says he is happy? The poor guy is working 3 jobs to keep her happy, she hardly works at all...she has a job that enables her to go in anytime she feels like it. I can't go into detail. He gives her anything she wants, and if she wants something, she acts out until she gets it. The entire family is so shocked at the change in him. But...as I said before, his father married a woman just like her...therefore, he doesn't know any different....it is amazing how our kids take after us...and should be a wake up call.
 
Old 08-04-2008, 04:52 PM
 
Location: USA
1,863 posts, read 2,726,673 times
Reputation: 1796
Quote:
but you are wrong, for assuming, instead of reading, and if you think, it's that stupid, then why waste your time insulting someone...
Point one, I'm not "assuming" anything. You titled the thread, "why are men so stupid?" What's there to assume...and who have I insulted? Did my saying that I like men constitute an insult? Don't think so....not to any reasonable person, anyway.

Quote:
.and it hurts us all, so while you might think this is a stupid thread, your welcome to your opinion, but please try and refrain yourself, from turning it into an insult yourself before you know the entire story.
Never said the thread was stupid - don't put words in my mouth. No, I didn't read the entire thread - I wasn't objecting to the thread; I was objecting to the title.

Perhaps you should think about what you are posting, instead of starting such a thread and getting upset because people object to such an insulting title --- just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top