U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 07-28-2008, 08:29 AM

11,719 posts, read 10,315,789 times
Default Why are men so stupid?

Why is it, that some men, marry the most demanding witches who are manipulative, selfish, immature, has no social skills and dictate they're every move, and to boot, these men, have their heads in the sand...and don't want to see the truth? Why? Can anyone answer me why they allow these women to not only victimize them, but cut off their friends and family and dictate who exactly is allowed to be friends with them...

Why? I don't get it?

Unread 07-28-2008, 08:39 AM

4,589 posts, read 8,177,643 times
um....yea....pretty much what /\ said. .....I know many women who are under the controll of thier men Depends on the person....if they are weak minded they are easily controlled.....that or if the sex is good

Unread 07-28-2008, 08:42 AM

1,246 posts, read 1,954,215 times
I think it's because they fall in love and marry thinking these things will either change or not affect them because it doesn't bother them at the moment because.. well they are in love. After, they either learn to live with it, or live in denial of the problems, in effort to make the relationship work. In some cases, it is merely a lack of self-esteem or self-worth that tosses these people, male or female, into these types of relationships.

I would like to add though that I also think the very same thing or scenario can be said or asked about women and the men they choose to marry as well. The same exact situation or description of a relationship can be said of a relationship where you exchange the roles.

It's sometimes a lot easier for someone to see the problems in a relationship when they are looking at it from the outside in and are not as emotionally involved in the situation. By the same token, a family member for example, that is very emotionally involved with one of the parties in the relationship, is more apt to see how their loved one is mistreated or disrespected or could do so much better, than their loved one who is in the relationship.

The question is, are they happy together. Some people, despite those things you mentioned are still very happy with their SO and wouldn't change a thing about them. Be it because of blind love or true love, it's just the way it is for them.

Unread 07-28-2008, 08:46 AM

18,900 posts, read 3,604,521 times
Why are women so stupid that they stay in abusive marriages/relationships? Same thing, isn't it??

Unread 07-28-2008, 08:47 AM

4,589 posts, read 8,177,643 times
owch guys......lets not generalize here.....not ALL men are stupid and women aren't stupid.

Unread 07-28-2008, 09:00 AM

23,436 posts, read 23,019,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Why is it, that some men, marry the most demanding witches who are manipulative, selfish, immature, has no social skills and dictate they're every move, and to boot, these men, have their heads in the sand...and don't want to see the truth? Why? Can anyone answer me why they allow these women to not only victimize them, but cut off their friends and family and dictate who exactly is allowed to be friends with them...

Why? I don't get it?
Look at this way. You're talking about guys who have invested a large chunk of their lives and self-esteem in being married to the harpy. It's kind of like women who stay in an abusive relationship. All of them believe this is the way marriage is supposed to be.

Unread 07-28-2008, 09:44 AM

14,630 posts, read 23,030,301 times
Because they are worth it?

Unread 07-28-2008, 10:03 AM

8,310 posts, read 18,853,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

Why? I don't get it?
Here's why:

Two types of men wind up with overbearing, controlling women.

1) Men who have never suffered from lack of female attention; those guys who can always seem to get women to do the things that other guys can't. The smooth-talking handsome guys who have had innumerable conquests.

2) The 40-year-old-virgin archetype.

The first type is so impressed that he has met a woman who doesn't act like he is God's gift to women that he marries her. If she doesn't want him that badly, she must be pretty darn good. The reality is that he has just p&ssy-whipped himself and will wind up in a very expensive divorce after he is caught in his third affair when he realizes that he actually married a run-of-the-mill bi-polar psychotic instead of a pretty darn good woman.

The second type has had limited success with women, isn't the most proactive guy ever, lacks the confidence to realize that he is actually very desirable and is fairly pleased that such a confident and secure woman finds him attractive. The reality is that she likes him because he strokes her ego and winds up resenting him because he isn't manly enough and he realizes that he has mistaken a confident and secure woman for a real b*tch, but it's too late because he has already gone along with her idea of cranking out three kids before the fifth year of marriage.

Unread 07-28-2008, 10:05 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,322,519 times
You could ask the same question about women. Us guys see women who end up with men that take them for granted, treat them like dirt, lie to them, sometimes cheat on them and we're left to wonder why these women not only put with it, but often defend these men. But men are just as guilty. A lot of them will put with a woman who belittles them, takes them for granted, and yes, even cheats on them. I think these people just don't have enough self-respect. Maybe they think they can't do better or they maybe their past relationships were so bad that they've lowered their standards.

Unread 07-28-2008, 10:06 AM

13,779 posts, read 15,506,871 times
Maybe because opposites attract?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships