Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 06:44 AM

27,344 posts, read 27,397,752 times

Advertisements

Its been an ongoing thing. Some forums ban the rebel rouser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 07:38 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe most people on CD are genuine and kind. That is what I liked about the forum...I've learned quit a lot here, and enjoy the humor most people display...people here, for the most part are understanding, compassionate and have really posted some helpful advice to those in need. It's simply a few who have antagonised and have been mean.

Also, the political forum can be ruthless at times...it seems som people in there do not know how to accept a difference of opinion. I believe they get angry when someone shares a different view, and takes it as a personal attack against their character, b/c you happen to disagree with their opinions.

But on the whole, I really do love CD and love to read the views of the other posters and share as well....

and would like to thank everyone for being so kind and helpful to me at times...

as well as showing the compassion you have shown towards others...

and being a mod, isn't the easiest job, I'm sure...so, many thanks to all the mods for your do diligence and hard work.

Creme
I love CD and do believe that the vast majority of people here are nice, helpful, respectful, and thoughtful in their responses. Once in awhile we all encounter someone with a bad attitude, but it's rare, and if you don't engage them they usually stop. I agree, there are some forums that are just too contentious for me and I stay away from them because I don't find them enjoyable. I'd like to thank you everyone for making CD a great place!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:05 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I think its a male / female thing.

Men are more black and white and don't like drama. We are usually much more abrupt & quicker to say 2-3 word sentences like You're crazy, Get over it or Bull Hockey.

Most Women want to hear all about it, analyze why it happened and offer a lot more compassion.

Don't tell me I'm wrong or I may get hostile.

so whats wrong with thaaat?

just kidding.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:08 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I always feel like I'm in Times Square on New Year's Eve - just too many bodies - and voices - to cope with.

yeah, me to...I love it here....hate crowds and drunks on New Years Eve! vomit!

lets hold hands and sing feelings....

Old 08-03-2008, 03:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
What fun are too tame forums anyway...? Nodding heads in agreement all the time and patting each other on the back doesn't hold my attention for long. There are such forums within CD, so it's not like there's no choice.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:28 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AH I feel better now,nothing like letting out the agression to feel better.Well I can think of a couple better ways actually.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:35 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
Here's a better aggression forum I came across-

Dammitall.com

Old 08-03-2008, 04:42 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post

Dammitall.com
It's brand new!

Be interesting to see what happens with it...you aren't the GodMod there, are you?

Old 08-03-2008, 04:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post

Dammitall.com
The name is promising! There's hardly anything there, though. Must be brand new. Can't stand black backgrounds, so unfortunately for YOU, I'll stick around to annoy YOU (as in general "you")!

Old 08-03-2008, 04:56 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,314 times
I didn't read thru all the posts, but I bet I'm one that this may be aimed at. If someone asks what to do when they are sleep'n w/a married man/woman, I'm gonna tell them what to do and I'll hit them where it hurts.

I've asked on here before about my marriage problems, and I had more respect for the ones that told it how it is. If I'm a prick, tell me. People shouldn't take it personal. Arent we here to help? Do you want someone to *****-foot around or slap ya up side the head? I want slapped, and I need it sometimes.

The truth hurts sometimes. As I see it we're all friends, and I treat you like one. If you don't respect my honesty, then don't read my posts. I'm fine w/that.

I guess I don't care for pampering when someone needs thumped.

I treat people how I want treated, if I can't handle it then I need to suck it up. Same to all ya'll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships