Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:22 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't wish asexuality on anyone, but I don't consider it a disease or think of them as freaks. I think it's weirder to deny having a sex drive when you do have one, not to acknowledge you were born asexual. When everyone's life revolves around sex or relationships it's actually refreshing.
I appreciate that you don't view asexuals as freaks.

Denying one's sex drive isn't asexuality. That's just denial. While I'm at it, choosing not to have sex is celibacy. Asexuality isn't a choice or a statement, it's a sexual orientation. Sure, there are some people who are mistaken and believe they really are asexual only to realize later on they aren't, but there are many more people who truly are asexual and don't have any agendas or emotional hang ups causing it.

I don't understand how having life revolve around sex and relationships is refreshing. Though I guess we all have different parts of life we enjoy and don't enjoy. So I guess that's just a difference between you and me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 06:23 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,466,711 times
Quote:
I don't wish asexuality on anyone, but I don't consider it a disease or think of them as freaks. I think it's weirder to deny having a sex drive when you do have one, not to acknowledge you were born asexual. When everyone's life revolves around sex or relationships it's actually refreshing.
What if you have a sex drive but you're afraid to have sex?

Old 12-19-2010, 06:27 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I appreciate that you don't view asexuals as freaks.

Denying one's sex drive isn't asexuality. That's just denial. While I'm at it, choosing not to have sex is celibacy. Asexuality isn't a choice or a statement, it's a sexual orientation. Sure, there are some people who are mistaken and believe they really are asexual only to realize later on they aren't, but there are many more people who truly are asexual and don't have any agendas or emotional hang ups causing it.

I don't understand how having life revolve around sex and relationships is refreshing. Though I guess we all have different parts of life we enjoy and don't enjoy. So I guess that's just a difference between you and me.
That was my point. I'm acknowledging that asexuality is a valid orientation as opposed to celibacy.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
What if you have a sex drive but you're afraid to have sex?
That's not true asexuality.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
That's not true asexuality.
I agree. Some people think asexuality just means you don't have sex. But I don't think of myself as asexual. I am straight but I don't have sex.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:32 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,013,023 times
Asexuality must be one of the least known sexual orientations though, among general society and in popular culture.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I agree. Some people think asexuality just means you don't have sex. But I don't think of myself as asexual. I am straight but I don't have sex.
Because you're afraid to? If so why?

Old 12-19-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Because you're afraid to? If so why?
You obviously don't know me on here. I am afraid of having a baby. I never want kids. No method of birth control is 100% effective and the risk is not worth it to me.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:11 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,013,023 times
Quote:
No method of birth control is 100% effective and the risk is not worth it to me.
Well, not necessarily. There are quite some effective ones, if you or your spouse is willing to go so far or so far.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't know me on here. I am afraid of having a baby. I never want kids. No method of birth control is 100% effective and the risk is not worth it to me.
What if:

you take the pill, the guy wears three condoms, you wear a female condom, oh he gets a vasectomy...odds still too high for ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships