Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,600,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
If I ever get to this point, just kill me.
Ok, I'll bring a bullet for you and one for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I probably wouldn't consider having sex until I was married, or if I ever get married.
+1 -- same here

Old 01-20-2011, 08:44 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-1080 View Post
We waited little over a year untill our wedding night. Been together nearly 17 years now.Worked for me.

Old wise man told me growing up that if she'd give it to me,, then who else would she give it to... I picked one that didn't offer it to me before marrige, and been getting it often for going on 17 years ever since. It's how we were raised, and didn't go to church either. It's a common ( or should be ) thing called respect.
What a wonderful story -- I admire you Sounds like you found one very incredibly special lady!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 AM

142 posts, read 238,514 times
I like the idea of waiting until marriage, but some partners can't wait that long. Even so, at least 6 months is my minimum.

This idea of sleeping with a woman so that "you know what you are getting before marrying them" is nonsense. If you love a woman and respect her and the feeling is mutual, then she is almost certainly going to be responsive sexually. There are of course exceptions. For instance, women who have issues sexually, But sleeping with them before marriage isn't going to necessarilly identify such women. She might still be sexually responsive until marriage and then it could all change.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:01 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post
How long is the norm to date before having sex?

How long do YOU wait before having sex?

To me, at least 6 months of dating.
What is the intent of having sex?

Some people just date to have sexual companionship, not a commitment. That applies to both men and women in today's world.

Others see sex as commintment so they wait longer when they believe there is a commitment to that person.

Others have sex the very first date.

Others do wait until marriage.

Get the point?

It varies. To you it is six months? Great.

Others more or less, take care.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:57 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,431 times
I have said it before and I’ll say it again – do it when it feels right for you. There shouldn’t be any set time! I find this concept of “I don’t do this or that on the first date, there is a 3 date minimum before this or that happens” absolutely ludicrous.

Maybe it’s your first date, maybe it’s your 30th, whatever feels right for you. Go with your head, heart and… whatever else is crying out to you.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,646,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenOlenska View Post
How long is the norm to date before having sex?

How long do YOU wait before having sex?

To me, at least 6 months of dating.
Oh boy I hate to be quoting Patti Stanger... NOT until you are in a commited monogamous relationship

Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post

Maybe it’s your first date, maybe it’s your 30th, whatever feels right for you. Go with your head, heart and… whatever else is crying out to you.

I agree 100%.

Carpe Diem!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,684,944 times
3 maybe 4 dates, after that I'm moving on. There's no way I'd wait 6 months. There are plenty of nice, cool, smart, sexy woman not willing to play some "carrot dangling in front of the horse" game. This country as a whole may demonize sex because of the christian right, but that doesn't mean I have to play along with their attempts to control and manipulate people.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,684,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
5 years

one thing that really turns me off is a woman that has had multiple sex partners

I remember there were some popular girls back in high school that had a reputation for sleeping with every guy they dated

instant turn off, you can have them
Sounds like you have some insecurity issues along with difficulty handling woman's sexuality. Goodluck waiting 5 years, because it's unlikely you'll find anyone willing to wait that long. People can get huffy about sex all they want, at the end of the day, the instinct is still there. The desire and drive to have sex is in our DNA. You can't change that. It's nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships