Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 08:58 PM

266 posts, read 1,234,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
You want to know one of the reasons why those Asian women that you spoke of have reverse racism towards Asian men, and therefore, not want to date "within their kind"?
I can speak on this topic myself because I am one. So, if anyone is to question the validity of what I'm about to say, well, I can say that I have validity because I am part Asian.
ONE of the reasons why these Asian women have reverse racism is because the Asian men that they grew up with, or the Asian men that they know, are disrespectful towards women, especially towards Asian women. These Asian women have experienced being subject of such treatment as "women should stay at home and not have a career" mentality, and they have also either witnessed, experienced (or both) the Asian men in their lives as controlling.
Therefore, some Asian women look outside their race to find love. I myself, am happy to date someone outside my race. Another reason that I can think of is because some Asian women want to "improve their offsprings", whether it be lookwise, etc.
Just for the record overwhelming number of Asian American women in US are married to Asian American men. But disproportionate number of Asian American women do marry white men.
Asian American guys like to control and prevent their wives from working?? Unless you have stats to back up your claims I know you're talkin out your a**. In today's economy not too many Asian American guys (raised here)can afford to have their wives not working.
Im all for interracial dating. Marry whoever you want but
don't disparage and try justifying why. You're a self
loathing part Asian women. You really bought into that white Hollywood lies haven't you? With all these hospital programs such as ER . I have yet to seen an Asian American male doctor. With all the Asian American doctors in hospitals all over our major cities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
My mother, myself and my two sisters are very Westernized. My mother's second husband is white. My sisters and I have only dated or married white men. For us, we like a man that treats us as an equal and respects our intellect. Many Asian men seem very traditional minded and male chauvinistic to us. None of us wanted to be stay at home mom types. In addition, my sisters and I don't speak a lick of Chinese, and none of us wanted an Asian mother-in-law. And places like Chinatown and Asian markets seem very foreign and exotic to us. We can't relate to books and movies like the Joy Luck Club.
Yeah, we know all about you. Overweight Chinese American women who married her fantasy,fat white guy.
Congratulations, you're so proud you speak lick of Chinese, I guess that makesyou more American.
Since you're in your 50's I think you're out of touch with the younger generations of Asian American men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc6x View Post
my girlfriend (asian, born in the u.s.) says she seeked white guys because they treat her more like equals in the relationship than asian guys.
I don't know how they are treated in Asia but all my Asian American friends treat their women as equals.
Way better thanmost white American guys who often cheat on their wives and beat their wives. How many times do you see an Asian American guy arrested with domestic violence on TV news? I rarely even hear about Asian American guys getting arrested in Philly or NYC.Most I see are blacks followed by Latino and whites.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't get the whole "yellow" fever thing. I don't mean to offend Asian people. I worked with a couple of guys that talk about Asian women all of the time, it gets a little old after a while.I guess since I like voluptuous/full figured women it's harder for me to understand.
Each to his own.

We don't like fat women. Neither does most white guys.
But most white guys tend to get fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenofsix View Post
I've heard some asian girls wish they were born white
See, self loathers.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:30 PM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Soju - From you posts, you're the one that sounds bitter. And for the record, I am not fat, I'm just not a petite boney female. I would say that I have a medium build. So don't make me out to be obese. And I'm not "in my 50's" since I am only 49 years young. As to the Asian men I know, I have many Asian male friends that are in their 20's and 30's. They are specifically Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and Nepalese. Some are single and some are married. So don't ASSume that I don't know what I am talking about in terms of Asian men.

And my personal observations are just as valid as yours or anyone else's on this board. You are no authority or expert on anything.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Everybody has some sort of cellulite. You may not get it at whatever age you do now, but at some point, either you have gotten it and lost it, or you will. Being an Asian does not mean you're better looking than other races (do I smell ethnocentrism?). Being good looking is about HOW YOU TAKE GOOD CARE of yourself physically AND emotionally.
From one Asian to another, please do me a favor and don't make the rest of us Asian women look bad by displaying such ethnocentrism.
HAHA, you're funny and pathetic. You make sweeping generalizations and disparage Asian American men but you ask Miu to stop making generalization of white women? What a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Okay I'm going to say something maybe a little outrageous but really it's just a thoughtMy ex has an asian wife. He likes his women thin. period. I think that's one of the elures for him. That she will always be petite. And the "foreigner" thing excites him - like it's exotic...
Here's another thing - he's small in the pants, if you catch my drift. So he's really looking for a women who is small in the "receiving" too - get it?
Another thing (here's where I'm sorry but here goes) Asian guys are typically/stereotypically "small in the pants" and maybe the girls are looking for a bit more?? I've dated several men of different asian ethicities, and none rocked my world.
You sound like a bitter ex wife. I've had many white girlfriends and they never complained
Perhaps you're just too loose?

Old 08-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Soju - From you posts, you're the one that sounds bitter. And for the record, I am not fat, I'm just not a petite boney female. I would say that I have a medium build. So don't make me out to be obese. And I'm not "in my 50's" since I am only 49 years young. As to the Asian men I know, I have many Asian male friends that are in their 20's and 30's. They are specifically Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and Nepalese. Some are single and some are married. So don't ASSume that I don't know what I am talking about in terms of Asian men.
And my personal observations are just as valid as yours or anyone else's on this board. You are no authority or expert on anything.
As I stated before you have self esteem issues. You're so out of touch with the younger generations of Asian Americans. You sooo proud how you speak with no accent and how you don't like Chinese that,that...
You like joining in bashing Asian American men by making generalzations without proof while stoking the white man's ego. You think this make you more accepted by the white man?
Does that make feel more of an American?
What is an American? I don't speak with any accent, I was born and raised here but I'm not ashamed of my heritage. I wish to find out more about my heritage.I don't only date white girls, I've dated Asian, Hispanics women. I don't disparage my Asian American sistas because my mother is an Asian American women and so is my sisters, my cousins, etc.
I don't like self loathing Asian Americans periold!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Here in Los Angeles, I see quite a bit more Black Male/Asian Female couples than White Male/Asian Female. Could be different in other parts of the country but here in LA its definitely more Asian F/Black M.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:21 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,091 times
Thats what I'm saying. My cousins are lucky that they live on the West Coast. They like Asian women, and I like white women (only if they're the right one for me). I'm never be leaving the West Coast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Here in Los Angeles, I see quite a bit more Black Male/Asian Female couples than White Male/Asian Female. Could be different in other parts of the country but here in LA its definitely more Asian F/Black M.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Soju - There is absolutely no need to call me fat when I'm not. It only makes your posts sound very immature with those sorts of schoolyard insults.

And I am not self loathing in terms of my Chinese heritage, it's more that I am very neutral about it. No real hometown pride about it, just no real attraction to it. And I am especially not proud of what China is today as a country. Why should I be? I was born in America and just feel like an average American. If there was a war between China and the US I would be 110% supportive of this country and feel nothing for China. So don't box me into some limited Asian American box.

And I love my American and British antiques and don't care about Chinese antiques. So are you going to criticize me for not revering Chinese antiques? I see that many Japanese antique collectors love to collect fine German Meissen porcelains and American vintage electric guitars. And Americans love collecting antique Japanese samurai swords. Are they self loathing because they don't collect and love antiques of their own specific heritage?

As to not being attracted to Asian men, I'm just not. And it has nothing to do with others implying that they are lacking in the size of what's in their pants. I just have more in common with the kind of people that I have lived amongst all my life... and they happen to be mostly white people. No big deal or crime as there are still plenty of single Asian women available to meet the needs of the Asian man. In fact, there are billions of us Asian women on this planet. Shrug.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:36 PM

250 posts, read 610,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I'm a white guy and I'm going to have to agree with you. Where I go to college you see it alot lately. That's how its here in Augusta, and Atlanta georgia most times. I'm starting to see more black male/asian woman couples than white men/asian women couples. I think that has alot to do with age though. The couples are thirty and under in most cases. Most asian girls under the age of 25 would date a black dude. Also there's alot of black men and woman from india together down here.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:29 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,224 times
Quote:
Soju - There is absolutely no need to call me fat when I'm not. It only makes your posts sound very immature with those sorts of schoolyard insults.

And I am not self loathing in terms of my Chinese heritage, it's more that I am very neutral about it. No real hometown pride about it, just no real attraction to it. And I am especially not proud of what China is today as a country. Why should I be? I was born in America and just feel like an average American. If there was a war between China and the US I would be 110% supportive of this country and feel nothing for China. So don't box me into some limited Asian American box.

And I love my American and British antiques and don't care about Chinese antiques. So are you going to criticize me for not revering Chinese antiques? I see that many Japanese antique collectors love to collect fine German Meissen porcelains and American vintage electric guitars. And Americans love collecting antique Japanese samurai swords. Are they self loathing because they don't collect and love antiques of their own specific heritage?

As to not being attracted to Asian men, I'm just not. And it has nothing to do with others implying that they are lacking in the size of what's in their pants. I just have more in common with the kind of people that I have lived amongst all my life... and they happen to be mostly white people. No big deal or crime as there are still plenty of single Asian women available to meet the needs of the Asian man. In fact, there are billions of us Asian women on this planet. Shrug.

Nice post. This is one reason I hate the ethnic prologues for Americans born in the states-Asian American, African American, etc. I don't see why someone should be expected to get involved in Asian culture just because they are Americans of Asian descent. Personally, my ancestors come from Ireland, Scotland, England, Norway, but I'm probably more interested in Chinese and Asian culture than Northwestern European.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships