Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:36 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Here in Los Angeles, I see quite a bit more Black Male/Asian Female couples than White Male/Asian Female. Could be different in other parts of the country but here in LA its definitely more Asian F/Black M.
GOD BLESS THE WEST AND THE FREE! Although I would think the the LA area would be the worst place for blacks to be involved with interracial couples. But regardless of how it is, I would believe welcomed interracial involvement with black males would be pretty high (or at least equal to white males - and if not black men/Asian women, then black men/white women) in other West Coast cities like San Fran, Seattle, San Diego, and even in Phoenix, Portland, and Las Vegas.

Sorry to pander about the truly progressive west, but I've about had it with the anti-black Northeast. A lot of Asians (oriental and Indian) brag that they look for "morally conservative men" but fall [on the knees] for the first (and not uncommonly, the least moral) white male. All of this while showing the utmost hatred for blacks, including (and in some cases, especially) those who don't following the stereotype. It wouldn't be so bad if whites would at least take the time to differentiate between normal and stereotypical blacks (like they did in the 1990s) and treat each case accordingly, but that is far from the truth for even the most "liberal" of whites of the East Coast in this decade. Trust me when I say it's becoming horrific to the point that I think I'm gaining stress-related health problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barii View Post
I'm a white guy and I'm going to have to agree with you. Where I go to college you see it alot lately. That's how its here in Augusta, and Atlanta georgia most times. I'm starting to see more black male/asian woman couples than white men/asian women couples. I think that has alot to do with age though. The couples are thirty and under in most cases. Most asian girls under the age of 25 would date a black dude. Also there's alot of black men and woman from india together down here.
As I said before, I expected these scenes on the West Coast, but now in the South...well, the Modern/New South. I just seem to be in the only region where blacks who want to do something with their lives and are willing (and pushed to) date outside their race have no choice. Heck, even when I was attending college in the rust belt city of Pittsburgh, I usually received positive (or at least friendly) receptions from many female white peers, mostly from Western and Central PA, and even some of those from the Philly area. Man I can't wait until I graduate from college so I can move to the...well, to nearly anywhere but the Northeast.

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 08-10-2008 at 12:44 AM..

Old 08-10-2008, 12:40 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,893 times
The_Fairfaxian, LA is not that dangerous for blacks. I seens plenty of blacks in interracial relationships in the LA area with whites, Asians, Hispanics, you name it. From what I've seen, people barely blink an eye if there's a black male/white female couple.

I do agree that the West Coast has it going on, which makes me glad that I was born in California in which I refer to as "the Deep South West".

Old 08-10-2008, 06:59 PM

266 posts, read 1,234,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Nice post. This is one reason I hate the ethnic prologues for Americans born in the states-Asian American, African American, etc. I don't see why someone should be expected to get involved in Asian culture just because they are Americans of Asian descent. Personally, my ancestors come from Ireland, Scotland, England, Norway, but I'm probably more interested in Chinese and Asian culture than Northwestern European.
Did you read all the thread? Learn to read and comprehend. It's fine if you're not interested in your own culture/background but don't disparage your own heritage under the pretense of assimilation.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:23 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soju View Post
Did you read all the thread? Learn to read and comprehend. It's fine if you're not interested in your own culture/background but don't disparage your own heritage under the pretense of assimilation.
Ummm.... so what's so great about my Asian heritage that it needs to eclipse my American side? Being Chinese is just genetics and how my mom raised me with discipline and a focus on academics, but that's about it.

And should I admire the old dynastic China with the bound feet and concubines, or the communist China under Mao, or the current China that oppresses Tibet and open opinions, and wants to take over Taiwan?

Are you like my Chinese male friend, 29 years of age, that thinks white people lack morals and other stupid crap like that?

Old 08-10-2008, 07:38 PM

112 posts, read 569,193 times
Default ...

Yep... bound feet (http://tinyurl.com/bb5z5 - broken link)... and Western females complain about pierced ears and breast implants.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:05 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,690 times
OK, I just want to bring one thing up. The "why are Blasians so good looking" thread was deleted in the relationship out of nowhere earlier today. Is it just me, or do I feel that Americans would rather have blacks either stick to their own kind (or go gay with their own)? I understand how there are plenty of white males who want their women to stay as far away from black men (even the normal ones) as much as possible, but we can't even be with Asian women as well? They're reserved for the company and affection for the White Man? Can someone tell me the cause behind the REAL reason for the post's deletion?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:37 PM
miu

I didn't realize that the thread was deleted. And for the record, I didn't complain about it. But I found it disturbing and kind of gross... and here's why... okay when the guys that I know have pretty daughters, they hate to think about their daughters dating and having sex. And so it's very weird to read posts by black guys saying that black/Asians are all hot looking and suggesting that they have a good reason for making black mix babies... and those mixed babies then will turn out to be hot looking women for other men to ****. And that really turns my stomach.

And actually, not all black mixes are beautiful, but it's more that you horny guys are quick to notice only the hot looking ones. And also the beautiful mixed race women posted in the thread were all famous actress/celebrity types, and that's not an actual scientific cross sampling of mixed race female examples.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:52 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Is it just me, or do I feel that Americans would rather have blacks either stick to their own kind (or go gay with their own)?
I think this goes back to this being a coed forum and not a male locker room. And most of these general interracial hookup threads are started by men who have some preference for hot looking women outside their race. And the focus is more on physical and sexual attractions and nothing to do with the mechanics and issues of having a serious long term relationship or marriage.

Also this forum is supposed to stay PG-13 and most of these interracial relationships are ending up being more R-rated in feel.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:30 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,061,806 times
Post Rebuttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBoi View Post
1) media/ white worship/ and asian inferiorty complex.

MEDIA

white men like asian girls, because they are submissive and act like american women pre-feminist movement.
Not at all true. I have yet to find a "submissive" asian woman. In my experience this is a media stereotype which evaporates with the first actual meaningful contact with a flesh-and-blood woman.

Likewise, the "pre-feminist" nonsense is just an agenda-driven smokescreen. Asian women--meaning foreign-born--are just as assertive of their rights as their American counterparts. I've often found that they will stand their ground and continue to argue their point when an American women might normally give up in disgust and walk away.

[quote]
Asian girls like white men, because Asian men are portrayed as asexual geek like William Hung.
Quote:

Again, this runs counter to my experience. As a caucasian, I have dated Asian women who exclusively dated Asians before me. Their former boyfriends were not asexual geeks, and I always felt I needed to excel in physical form, intelligence, and business success in order to initially win and then keep the affections of the women. My heritage and skin color never seemed an asset, and in fact made things more difficult due to the possibility of being rejected by their families.

Quote:
Also lots of Asians (both men/ female) dont wanna be asociated with the negative asian stereotypes. Asians are style portrayed as perpetual foreigners.

Name 3 major Asian-American actors that play a 3-dimension character on an American prime time tv showor Hollywood Blockbuster movie, without speaking with an accent.
None of the foreign-born Asian women I have met were anything but amused and annoyed by stereotypes of their ethnicity. Besides scoffing every time an Asian was portrayed as an "automatic" kung-fu master or rolling their eyes at asinine questions from non-Asians, they never modified their own behaviour in reaction to racial stereotypes.

White-Worship

- Asians are tyring to emulate whites and dont wanna hav anything to do with blacks. how many Asian you know are called: John, Dave, Jimmy, Lucy, Jacky, Justin, Sandra, Kimberly etc. I don't see othe minorities changing their native names to English.
If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that these names are picked by Asian children when they are in their early foreign-language classes, and only see actual use in America. No foreign-born Asian goes by the name "Jessica" in their home country. Americans who bother to learn a foreign language will go by a similiar moniker in a land where their name does not translate well into the native tongue. This has nothing to do with "white-worship".

Quote:
- Many Asian-Americans look down on blacks but look up to whites. how many Asian parents tell their kids, dont talk to black, their voilent bla bla. Go to Asia. Whites are treated better, but Black/ Indians and Arabs and even south-east asians are treated worse.
This is true. Racism against dark skin is prevalent in many Asian cultures. The standard of beauty in countries like China, Taiwan, and Japan is to be as pale as possible. Tanning for beauty is almost unheard-of.

Quote:
- 9/10 asian interracial couples is with a white person
90% of all statistics are worthless. Especially ones you pull out of your ass like that.

Quote:
Asian inferiorty complex

- Why are Asian-Americans treated better in Asia, if they speak english wih an American accent.
Anyone with foreign travel and experience is treated "better" in their home country. If I speak flawless French to an American, or show off my Mandarin or Swahili, I will be admired here in the US. The same is true for traveled and learned asians.

Quote:
- Why do AsianAmericans look down on FOBS??
ABC's (and others) often recognize that they have a much easier time than do foreign-born Asians, they acknowledge that their grade-school level schooling is inferior, and that their advantages are simply by birthright rather than any doing of their own--in opposition to the case with immigrants.

Add to this the cultural faux-pas and accents of immigrants and you give the AB's a good excuse and outlet for their vague but persistant feeling of inferority to their 1st generation immigrant peers and ancestors.

Quote:
- Why do AsianAmericans feel superior to immigrant asians. I see it all the time. AsiansAmericans in Asia using their American gimmick to pick up women (yes guilty).
AB's in asia using their American Gimmick to pick up women are not impressing immigrants. They are impressing natives who do not realize that the AB's are actually no better than themselves (and perhaps worse, as AB's generally ride on the coattails of their immigrant parents--or grandparent's--successful immigration.)

You would be hard-pressed to find a foreign-born Asian immigrant who has lived and worked in the US for more than 5 years who would call themselves "inferior" to an American-born Asian. Usually, the opposite is true, and the 1st generation immigrants look down on the 2nd and successive generations as becoming weak and slothful thanks to the influence of the negative or deficient aspects of American Culture and American Education.

I often find myself taking the difficult position of defending the worthwhile parts of American culture (or at least pointing them out) to immigrants who wonder how we can lead the lifestyle that we do. I am not at all assisted by the impressions of Americans propogated by the mass media.

Quote:
2) Asian girls are easy.

Now an average white dude who doesnt stand a change with a hot whit egirl feels more confident around asian women. You can go to Asia and Asian women basically throw themselves at you.
Impressing someone at a western nightclub in Shanghai and forming a relationship serious enough for her to come back to the United States with you are two totally different animals.

A gap-toothed doughy English or Frenchman who can't make it with the town hottie at home can pick up a relative bombshell in the right places in the US with his "sexy" foreign accent. Unless there is some remarkable aspect to the foreigner's personality, an ONS is about the extent of such relationships.

Quote:
Its pretty easy for a white guy to get a asian girl but pretty difficult for an asian guy to get a white girl, therefore the white girl has to be interested in him.
I doubt you'll find many relationships of any racial flavor where the girl is not interested in the guy.

Quote:
Difference beteen AF/WM - AM/WF

WM/ AF = racist love/ colonialism
AM/WF = Triump in a racist society
If that is your approach to relationships, best of luck to you. Perhaps a bit more time spent reflecting on what you actually want in a mate is more called for, than time spent behind a computer screen contemplating the racial implications of your love life.

Quote:
IMO 9/10 af/wm marriage is based on three things:

1) racism
2) Asian fetish
3) white worship
Your opinion is asinine, insulting, and flatly ignorant. I suggest you keep it to yourself in any forum where you actually have to interact with real people and real relationships. Marriage is a serious proposal to the vast majority of people who enter into it, and vanishingly few people would base such an important life decision on the reasons you mention. Perhaps someday you'll be mature enough to recognize this.

Quote:
on the other hand am/wf mariages are more legit IMO cause

1) white women who date out of their race aint racist
2) cant be fetish, since most steretypes about Asian men are negative
3) Underdog triumps in a racist society

Call me sexist/ racist whateva , but I can't see how how a 50 yr old dude- 20 yr old asian fob
or a GI soldier- asian woman who's mission is to kill some g**ks can be a legit relationship.

Dont act lik you never seen old ass white men with asian women who barley speak English....
The more you write, the more obvious it is that your opinion is based on a childish woldview and a disrespect for the sanctity of marriage and anyone different from yourself.

While I do not know of any interracial marriages with a 30-year dispersion between mates, I do know of servicemen who met their spouses overseas. They are quite aware of the stereotypes people like you insist on perpetrating, and have worked hard to overcome them and myriad other prejudices and difficulties faced by interracial couples.

What simple-minded bigots fail to realize is that the majority of marriages take place between two individuals who feel happy and complete together. Interracial relationships of any flavor are inherrently more difficult in the long-and-short term for both sides of the couple, as well as their families and friends.

So the next time you see a interracial couple of any mixture, if you look down your nose at them, think twice about giving voice to whatever snide and ignorant comment is running through your head, or you may find yourself looking down a much more crooked proboscious in the future.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:02 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
Just curious, but since you and Soju clearly aren't getting along... why would you compare him to your friend? What I'm getting at is why do you even have a friend that is the kind of person you don't like/wouldn't date?
This Chinese guy is more my boyfriend's friend, but I found it interesting that they have similar irrational thoughts about white and yellow people. We've known this guy for five years now. It's been more in the last few months that he's been spewing anti white sentiments. I think that it's been triggered by him dating a white former grade school classmate and also a Chinese female cousin marrying a white guy this last weekend. About the white girlfriend, she was visiting her mom for the summer but now is in NY. She's also still married but separated in a non official way, so that makes his morals questionable too. And about his female cousin, last month he was lamenting that she could have gotten a great Chinese guy instead. And this weekend, my boyfriend was away and he needed to stop by the house to pick something, so we had time to talk. On his own, he brought up his cousin's wedding and that he noticed some cultural differences between the two families. He felt that the groom's family was too outgoing friendly and touchy-feely compared to his side of the family which was very reserved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships