Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,401 times

Advertisements

seems like everywhere I go, I see a white guy with an asian girlfriend / wife?

this seems like the most common interracial relationship for some reason?

you hardly ever see an asian guy with a non asian wife, compared to white male with asian female.

some people specifically go to other countries to bring back a wife from asia, they must not like american women?

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM

658 posts, read 830,969 times
Well, for me, Asian girls from asia beat the domestic breed on all counts except English! But Asian girls from here are just like the domestic brands, snobbish, selfish, teasing and bigoted. Once a man knows what he likes, he's going to get it, imported or domestic. All types of women have exceptions, but my experience is toward Asian girls or soft cowgirls. Women trying to be like men turns any attraction into polarization.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Well, at least from the Asian women I know, many of the ones who were born here tend to have what is called "reverse racism". This is kind of the same thing that a lot of black guys have in how they tend to not want to date black women. With Asian women (the ones I know) its the same thing that they just refuse to date an Asian man. I dont know why, and they dont say why but I see it all the time.

Now the Asian women I know who frequent the gym (the ones who are all into working out, doing yoga, pilates, running, and looking good) all seem to be dating black guys. The Asian women (who are born here) who are not so into fitness seem to only date white guys. This baffles me.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:33 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,700,878 times
Okay I'm going to say something maybe a little outrageous but really it's just a thought

My ex has an asian wife. He likes his women thin. period. I think that's one of the elures for him. That she will always be petite. And the "foreigner" thing excites him - like it's exotic...

Here's another thing - he's small in the pants, if you catch my drift. So he's really looking for a women who is small in the "receiving" too - get it?

Another thing (here's where I'm sorry but here goes) Asian guys are typically/stereotypically "small in the pants" and maybe the girls are looking for a bit more?? I've dated several men of different asian ethicities, and none rocked my world.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
seems like everywhere I go, I see a white guy with an asian girlfriend / wife?

this seems like the most common interracial relationship for some reason?

you hardly ever see an asian guy with a non asian wife, compared to white male with asian female.

some people specifically go to other countries to bring back a wife from asia, they must not like american women?
Because the guys hope the women are submissive, but find out otherwise soon enough...

Old 08-07-2008, 02:58 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,700,878 times
I agree with Sierra AZ too

My ex (he's a good friend) from an outsiders view - really likes his wife because she's submissive. He says it like "She takes care of me". Something I refused to do (clean your own damn socks!)

My ex MIL (his mom) says "Why does he like her? she's like a bobble." As in she's just arm candy.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:42 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Well, at least from the Asian women I know, many of the ones who were born here tend to have what is called "reverse racism". This is kind of the same thing that a lot of black guys have in how they tend to not want to date black women. With Asian women (the ones I know) its the same thing that they just refuse to date an Asian man. I dont know why, and they dont say why but I see it all the time.

Now the Asian women I know who frequent the gym (the ones who are all into working out, doing yoga, pilates, running, and looking good) all seem to be dating black guys. The Asian women (who are born here) who are not so into fitness seem to only date white guys. This baffles me.
You want to know one of the reasons why those Asian women that you spoke of have reverse racism towards Asian men, and therefore, not want to date "within their kind"?

I can speak on this topic myself because I am one. So, if anyone is to question the validity of what I'm about to say, well, I can say that I have validity because I am part Asian.

ONE of the reasons why these Asian women have reverse racism is because the Asian men that they grew up with, or the Asian men that they know, are disrespectful towards women, especially towards Asian women. These Asian women have experienced being subject of such treatment as "women should stay at home and not have a career" mentality, and they have also either witnessed, experienced (or both) the Asian men in their lives as controlling.

Therefore, some Asian women look outside their race to find love. I myself, am happy to date someone outside my race.

Another reason that I can think of is because some Asian women want to "improve their offsprings", whether it be lookwise, etc.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
I am trying to figure out why it matters if asian women like non asian men more then asian men...

Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I am trying to figure out why it matters if asian women like non asian men more then asian men...
the majority of asian women prefer asian men or to marry their own ethnic group.

just because you see lots of white male with asian female doesnt mean all asian women prefer white men.

for example the Philippines has the highest intermarriages with caucasion men from US and other areas, but the main reason they marry white men is to escape poverty, they will do anything to get out, many asian women do it for economic reasons, they do it to help their family.

if you notice most of the asian women that marry white men come from third world countries.

Last edited by mr bolo; 08-07-2008 at 08:12 PM..

Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
if you notice most of the asian women that marry white men come from third world countries.
My mother, myself and my two sisters are very Westernized. My mother's second husband is white. My sisters and I have only dated or married white men. For us, we like a man that treats us as an equal and respects our intellect. Many Asian men seem very traditional minded and male chauvinistic to us. None of us wanted to be stay at home mom types. In addition, my sisters and I don't speak a lick of Chinese, and none of us wanted an Asian mother-in-law. And places like Chinatown and Asian markets seem very foreign and exotic to us. We can't relate to books and movies like the Joy Luck Club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships