Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 02:08 PM

35,975 posts, read 30,513,823 times

Advertisements

I am suspose to tomorrow (just friends) but I lost my phone yesterday so he cant get in touch. Hope I find it tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,480,540 times
I've met several. Mostly in the Colorado Springs area and here in Huntsville. Mostly other parents with kids who like us were new in town.

In Colorado Springs we tried to have a meet up of the regular posters. The idea went over like a lead zeppelin.

I am sort of thinking of one here in Huntsville.

One theory I have is internet forums allow people who would otherwise be non-social to socialize. Maybe they are shy in person. City Data allows people to communicate safely and anonymously. One of the reasons they are on an internet forum in the first place is because they don't like to meet people or be in social situations.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,867,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
One theory I have is internet forums allow people who would otherwise be non-social to socialize. Maybe they are shy in person. City Data allows people to communicate safely and anonymously. One of the reasons they are on an internet forum in the first place is because they don't like to meet people or be in social situations.
Yes, I'm sure that will be true of some people but don't forget that there are shift workers and people who work from home, and people who are ill or retired, or looking for info about America and other countries that will all socialize here and often are more than happy to meet up in person.

Turns out that bloke I met up with way back is still around and we're planning on meeting up again! Might catch up with a few other folks when I'm over in the US again later in the year too!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,489,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I was just curious, has anyone on this site ever dated or fell in love with someone they met from the City Data forum? Or maybe you just met someone from here and your friends right now and getting to know them, but see potential. Share your stories.
Nope

Old 05-21-2009, 09:51 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,164,247 times
Ummm....yes... Not on this forum but on the forum from my state...turns out we both graduated from the same college...years apart but still..went out a few times, still talk, been to busy to get together lately but we will again..

Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,679,426 times
I've met a handful from both my state, a couple other states, and one from another country...whom I'm happy to say is now my wife.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:03 AM

92 posts, read 230,290 times
Most people that spend a large amount of time online that I have met have way too many issues for me to hook up with them. I have enough to deal with having bad health and spine surgery on Wednesday than to accumulate more stressors. Too many women I have met in the past from online have been way too desperate and clingy. Honest- the last 2 that I met were telling me they loved me after the first few hours of meeting. It is oh so hard to get rid of many of these internet women too, once you give them an inch they will take a mile. As long as I showed them an opening(opportunity) they dove right in and tried to enlarge the opening way too expansively. There was a time when I was Mr. stud/casanova on the internet but I learned my lesson after meeting an inordinate amount of strange, sex-crazed, and issued women. I just dont see how a woman or man can truly love someone within a few hours and then in a few days want to marry them- as happened to me. That is downright scary. Yes, there are instances when things just click so well for one or the other, or both, but a good loving relationship should be built in steps. Does anyone know why women are so quick to cling to men they meet online? Now I do think it depends on who the guy is they are meeting, but Ive not had women I met in the outside world jump all over just like that as easily or as much a ratio in comparison to online meetings. Anyone care to chime?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:15 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,831,169 times
Default Hey Internet Casanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperrX View Post
Most people that spend a large amount of time online that I have met have way too many issues for me to hook up with them. I have enough to deal with having bad health and spine surgery on Wednesday than to accumulate more stressors. Too many women I have met in the past from online have been way too desperate and clingy. Honest- the last 2 that I met were telling me they loved me after the first few hours of meeting. It is oh so hard to get rid of many of these internet women too, once you give them an inch they will take a mile. As long as I showed them an opening(opportunity) they dove right in and tried to enlarge the opening way too expansively. There was a time when I was Mr. stud/casanova on the internet but I learned my lesson after meeting an inordinate amount of strange, sex-crazed, and issued women. I just dont see how a woman or man can truly love someone within a few hours and then in a few days want to marry them- as happened to me. That is downright scary. Yes, there are instances when things just click so well for one or the other, or both, but a good loving relationship should be built in steps. Does anyone know why women are so quick to cling to men they meet online? Now I do think it depends on who the guy is they are meeting, but Ive not had women I met in the outside world jump all over just like that as easily or as much a ratio in comparison to online meetings. Anyone care to chime?
You are indeed a lucky boy!
Stop complaining, lots of guys would like to be in your situation

Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 AM

92 posts, read 230,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
You are indeed a lucky boy!
Stop complaining, lots of guys would like to be in your situation
I dont see what makes me so lucky considering what I said in my post. Yeah many guys would love to be meeting many women off the net and most of them would want to bang every single woman they meet, regardless of what the woman looks like or how they are as a person. Its one big reason I dont particularly like most men, since all they seem to ever want to talk about is sex or how they wanna do this one or that one. It isnt any wonder why women use sex, seduction, and teasing to get what they want- they know what men want. For me though, it doesnt matter how tantalizing or sexy a woman is- if they dont have the other part as far as being a good person and what consists of being a good person, then they they do not get the sex from me. I dont just take anyone who offers up like most men. I had my time where I was emulating a gigolo to an extent. That ype of stuff holds no weight for me anymore. The messed up part about being the way I am though is that it is much more difficult to find what provokes my attention in a woman than at anytime when I was attempting to be Mr. stallion in bed. Women tell me constantly that they are so tired of men they are with pawing all over them at every opportunity.....but..... the thing is they get a guy such as me that would want them for reasons much more prevalent than sex and all of a sudden they want the guy who is a sex nut. So basically most women I have met want the opposite of whats being given to them. It's so funny how that always works out like that . Most women tell me they want men who value them for those wonderful person things other than sex, well then they get it and they want the sex maniac instead. so indecisive women are, lol.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,433,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've met several. Mostly in the Colorado Springs area and here in Huntsville. Mostly other parents with kids who like us were new in town.

In Colorado Springs we tried to have a meet up of the regular posters. The idea went over like a lead zeppelin.

I am sort of thinking of one here in Huntsville.

Hey Charles--How about a day fishing at Guntersville sometime this summer????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships