Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:22 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
What of the dark-skinned extra-terrestrial, vs. the light-skinned ET? Someone should look into this pressing issue...
You miss a very crucial point. It's not the "darkness" factor that is the real issue. It's what it is an indicator of.

Heck that character "Trance Gemini" on some TV show was freakin' *purple* and I thought she was wildly attractive. Hated it when they made her not purple anymore, LOL!

People used to run to the beach and pay to get tanned. It's not the darkness, LOL!

To say it's just skin color is to trivialize the reality.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Ok, I wasn't even going to click on this thread because I knew it would be full of dung, overrun with more stereotypes and ignorance than real concern or conversation. I do have something I need to put out there though.

As a woman who has a beautiful brown complexion, I have felt 'left out' at times- whether I was watching the Miss Universe pageant, fashion magazines like Vogue or Harper's Bazaar. Heck, even Playboy conforms to the same beauty standard year after year with little variation. It is hard not to take it personally and sadly, the seeds of self-hate begin to grow in some women.

As I got older I realized there is something to be said for having your OWN idea or self-worth and relying on yourself for self-esteem. I am attractive, and I am physically fit. I attract men of all backgrounds not only because of my looks but how I carry myself and my personality just ropes 'em in. I see and notice guys watching me yet they are afraid to approach me due to their own hang-ups or they are too worried about what their buddies will say.

I am a bartender and I can't tell you how many times these men get liquored up and go on and on about how hot black women are. It is a shame it takes jaeger bombs and whispers for them to admit it- but we all know how powerful public opinion can be.

I guess my point is, just learn to love yourself. I don't care if Timmy Carrington doesn't find me attractive. One, that is his opinion and his human right. Does it mean I am not attractive? Hell no. Learn to love yourselves ladies, to not put so much weight in the opinion of others because lots of these people barely love themselves- and you will see things in a new light.
Good luck and I look forward to the day these things aren't an issue.
Just a quick point about Playboy. It's really just Hugh Hefner's ideal that's represented there, when you think about it.

I believe his first centerfold was Marilyn Monroe, right?

Large breasted, curvacious (and often blonde) women is what he built his market share on.

Personally his ladies remind me of biker chicks for some reason. My type is more like Mary Tyler Moore, Allesandra Ambrosio, Cyndi Crawford, any of the gals on Charmed (Rose McGowan, Holly Marie Combs), etc.

Anyway, Playboy as I remember it (haven't looked at one since I was a teenager) services a particular market segment and that's about it. (The Big Tatas market is what I usually think of it as, LOL!)

Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
You do seem to see alot of skinny black guys with obese white women. I asked a black friend about this and this is what he said--He said that obese white women are so desperate for affection that they will do just about anything to keep thier man. Including things that black women have a tendency not to want to do for thier man. Whether its oral or anal sex or spending $$ on him, obese white women will do it just to feel wanted.
Ah well, this is something all people need to get over. The need to feel wanted or whatever. Leaves you open to all sorts of B.S.

At the very least you need to be able to know when that need is leading you astray and control it.

As an aside, I'd say a lot of attractive white women I see with black men tend to be addicted to coke. One more reason kill all coke peddlers.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I have no negative view of black women. I love black women, its just that my view of them having a healthy lifestyle (i.e., healthy diet, regular exercise, etc) isnt as popular as other non black women.

Give me a break!!! Its ridiculous to say that "the frame of the average black woman is THICKER than white women". Have you ever had an anatomy class in high school or college? You cannot tell the race of a person by examining the size of the skeletal structure. Dont be so defensive when I said that "black women tend not to take care of themselves as much physically". I didnt say they never do, but as a whole, they tend not to. How many black women that you know who are NOT overweight and who works out at the gym 5 days per week? The point is, the overwhelming majority of black women ARE overweight or if I can borrow the use of YOUR term "thicker" the most. When you take into account the total population of black women (or just the number of black women you know) there is a small percentage of them who are fit AND exercise regularly at the gym (4-5 times per week). I know a lot of overweight black women who go to the gym, but they are unable to maintain a proper diet to actually lose the weight.
Maybe you can't tell the race of someone by the skeletal size, but Dr.'s and Dentist have stated you can tell races apart by skeletal and dental patterns. Apparently there are structural differences.

Granted, I tend to believe these are generalities, since most human traits fall into ranges without clear dividing lines.

So to say, maybe 80% of blacks have skeletal trait x and only 10% of whites so it's a safe bet to say this skeleton was a black, but I doubt it's 100% definitive. Particularly because what we see and call race is a cluster of traits, not the expression of one particular gene.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:43 PM

141 posts, read 284,905 times
I don't find dark-skinned male more or light-skinned women less attractive. I don't know what you are talking about. Everybody is different. What's attractive has to do with what's under their skin.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,104 times
sigh---give this topic a rest!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:37 PM

141 posts, read 284,905 times
Oh come on, let's make it a 3-digit page thread.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Hey MOD, where are you? Can you close this nonsense?

Thanks,
R

Old 04-19-2009, 05:05 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
People used to run to the beach and pay to get tanned. It's not the darkness, LOL!
That's not really a valid argument. When whites tan, they only get brown in colour, never dark as black people. When Asians tan, they also only get darker brown. Non-blacks don't and can't tan to the point of black, and I don't think they would want to if they could.

Even tanning products have a goal of producing a bronze or light brown colour. There are no tanning products to turn a white person's skin black.

And the main original reason that people like to darken the tone of their skin with a sun tan is because a tan implies having the leisure time and money to be a sun worshipper. Having a tan was first seen as a status symbol, especially by those living in the northern US during the winter months where the rich would go to to somewhere warm for vacation. Returning with a tan was proof of their travels.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:52 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
I wonder if the original poster still feels the same about Chris Brown after he beat up his girlfriend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships