Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 02:24 PM

27 posts, read 115,595 times

Advertisements

I was raised in a moderately sized city in the south and then spent my high school years in a very small country town and I noticed that whenever I left the bubble of "Small Town America" and traveled to cities and more - I hate to use this word but I can't think of a better definition - cultured areas that my stock in looks skyrocketed.

It wasn't a particular place or anything either. My parents are very global and have taken me to many different and diverse places and I've always noticed the same thing.

Maybe it's just because the majority of guys my age are still stuck on the whole "clone" look because that's all they've been exposed to... which I am essentially the anti-clone LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 02:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Yes but in general beauty can be summed up to the same stuff - clear skin, white teeth, thin, etc.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:14 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
I'm not sure what you're asking in your post. Thread title I get.

I think that yes, beauty is subjective, but sadly many buy into what the media feeds them as to what they SHOULD find attractive, and a lot of that is impossible and unnatural.

Maybe I'm just weird but for the most part, I tend to NOT agree with the rest of the world as to what is "beautiful".

Old 08-10-2008, 04:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
It is completely subjective. Think about who you and friends find attractive aren't always the same people. Also if you get to know someone, their personality can make them much more attractive.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:56 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking in your post. Thread title I get.

I think that yes, beauty is subjective, but sadly many buy into what the media feeds them as to what they SHOULD find attractive, and a lot of that is impossible and unnatural.

Maybe I'm just weird but for the most part, I tend to NOT agree with the rest of the world as to what is "beautiful".
Not sure what she is asking either?? Beauty is subjective and yes the media shoves images of "beauty" at us all day long. Men have to be like Brad Pitt, women have to be thin and pretty blah blah.

Sometimes just wish I could just unplug, get away from the cell phones, computers, work responsibility, everything.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:03 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
Beauty is subjective for women. What one woman finds attractive in a man, another woman may not.

However, men in general agree on what is beautiful. If they did not, then strippers and playmates would go out of business. Anyone who says differently is lying to you.

And the guy who says he is happy with the woman 10 yrs older than him or 20 lbs heavier is kidding nobody. He'd dump her in a millisecond if Pamela Anderson asked him for a roll in the hay.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:08 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Beauty is subjective for women. What one woman finds attractive in a man, another woman may not.

However, men in general agree on what is beautiful. If they did not, then strippers and playmates would go out of business. Anyone who says differently is lying to you.

And the guy who says he is happy with the woman 10 yrs older than him or 20 lbs heavier is kidding nobody. He'd dump her in a millisecond if Pamela Anderson asked him for a roll in the hay.
You are right about the women part. Sometimes women, who I believe would not want anything with me, hit on me and smile. We get along and go on dates. many men do not want to date a women they find physically unattractive. But please, stop mentioning Pamela Anderson she is not hot, at all. If you want to mention someone with hotness, try Krista Allen. Thats attractive.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:11 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Do you really think that Pamela Anderson is irresistible to every man in the world? Wow. And you're not saying very much for the menfolk. You're basically saying that the head in their pants rules over the head on their shoulders.

Pamela Anderson was very attractive in the beginning of her career. Now she comes off as an unclean ****. But if you want to chance catching an STD from her just because you think her the hottest woman on the planet, that's your problem.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:14 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
But please, stop mentioning Pamela Anderson she is not hot, at all. If you want to mention someone with hotness, try Krista Allen. Thats attractive.

I agree about the Pam Anderson thing. She's looking rode hard and put away wet.

Her fake breasts gross me out.

Ladies please stop getting breast implants. This is coming from a big "boob" man. I think small natural breast are better then those big fake jobbers.

Sorry to offend any ladies with "enhancements."

Old 08-10-2008, 05:28 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree about the Pam Anderson thing. She's looking rode hard and put away wet.

Her fake breasts gross me out.

Ladies please stop getting breast implants. This is coming from a big "boob" man. I think small natural breast are better then those big fake jobbers.

Sorry to offend any ladies with "enhancements."
Well, I agree on the "enhancements" thing, and I'm female. I am a lesbian and I have a very different idea of what is beautiful in women. With a few exceptions (i.e. Angelina) I generally disagree with whatever the popular opinion is about "beauty".

I disagree that men, well ALL men have this tunnel vision idea of beauty. I've known many guys who are turned off by the standard blond, tall, big boob, blue eyed thing.

My son for example.. he's 16, and doesn't care for this "type" at all. He's much more interested in if a girl looks like she'd actually have some ideas and thoughts of her own and whether or not she'd be able to share a joke and some interesting conversation. The depth behind the eyes, the smile that reveals character. Yes, "pretty" matters to him but not in the ways you'd expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships