U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-13-2008, 11:08 AM

333 posts, read 697,615 times
And who said that nice guys can't get down and dirty. To me, being a nice guy means not being an a**whole most of the time. It was nothing to do with when, where, why and how you "get your groove on".

I can be very nice. I can be very mean. It largely depends on what is going on at the time. My preference is to be cool, but I can cross the too.

But make no mistake, just because a guy is being kind, or considerate, or compassionate does not me mean he can't "hang" in other areas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM

10,109 posts, read 12,979,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
And who said that nice guys can't get down and dirty. To me, being a nice guy means not being an a**whole most of the time. It was nothing to do with when, where, why and how you "get your groove on".

I can be very nice. I can be very mean. It largely depends on what is going on at the time. My preference is to be cool, but I can cross the too.

But make no mistake, just because a guy is being kind, or considerate, or compassionate does not me mean he can't "hang" in other areas.

I know man.....I know.Because in reality I'm kind and stuff.But I use to be what my parents and the classic movies taught me.The gentleman,the guy who waits for the girl,the who asks her before doing or proceeding on anything.The guy that was always to be counted on like clockwork.And because of that I suffered the fate of being walked on,and being told you are to nice,and loosing respect of the girl.

Oh sure parents try to raise their kid to be "proper" because every parent wants their kid to be a "good" kid but sometimes that sets them up for a hard crash course lesson in real life in dealing with people.Life is not like a 50's movie where everything and everybody are just so peachy and perfect,it never has been and never will.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 AM

131 posts, read 272,174 times
Smile Oh you guys!

Oh you guys! The nice guys are the last of a dying breed. Don't change who you are, it's easy to be the opposite of a nice guys, the challenge is being a nice guy. Every girl that I know dreams of a nice guy, who wants to spend the rest of their life with the opposite of a nice guy. Just think of what the world would be like without you guys! You are the only thing that keeps all guys from being creeps or asses if you will. Your parents did the right thing, you can be a nice guy and not get ran over, that is your challenge in life. You can do it! Don't change, you are what gives the decent good girls hope and something wonderful to dream about.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,107 times
Wink Retirment to Zephyrhills

I Have visited Zephyrhills many times in the last 10 years .I am a snowbird from the great white north. I think Zephyrhills would be my choice of retirment.Zephyr is close to every thing just a ston throw away from everything while you can still enjoy the small town and the large cities at the same time . It's realy building up for shoppers and resturants . The climate is just right not to hot not to cold . I Love to visit plant city during the strawberry festival the cumquat festival in Dade city what more can you ask for . You have my vote for Zephyrhills to retire (Go Obama Go
Mike from the Far North

Old 08-13-2008, 12:25 PM

4,589 posts, read 8,707,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I know man.....I know.Because in reality I'm kind and stuff.But I use to be what my parents and the classic movies taught me.The gentleman,the guy who waits for the girl,the who asks her before doing or proceeding on anything.The guy that was always to be counted on like clockwork.And because of that I suffered the fate of being walked on,and being told you are to nice,and loosing respect of the girl.

Oh sure parents try to raise their kid to be "proper" because every parent wants their kid to be a "good" kid but sometimes that sets them up for a hard crash course lesson in real life in dealing with people.Life is not like a 50's movie where everything and everybody are just so peachy and perfect,it never has been and never will.
You didn't "suffer the fate of being walked on" bcs you were nice goofy.....you just dated the wrong girls! The majority of girls/women are not like that......I know i'm not and I also know that almost every girl I know isn't.......of course, those girls are out there but isn't this why ppl date? To find what they are looking for.....

Old 08-13-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower42 View Post
I Have visited Zephyrhills many times in the last 10 years .I am a snowbird from the great white north. I think Zephyrhills would be my choice of retirment.Zephyr is close to every thing just a ston throw away from everything while you can still enjoy the small town and the large cities at the same time . It's realy building up for shoppers and resturants . The climate is just right not to hot not to cold . I Love to visit plant city during the strawberry festival the cumquat festival in Dade city what more can you ask for . You have my vote for Zephyrhills to retire (Go Obama Go
Mike from the Far North
What ever drugs you are using please pass it along.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HParr View Post
Oh you guys! The nice guys are the last of a dying breed. Don't change who you are, it's easy to be the opposite of a nice guys, the challenge is being a nice guy. Every girl that I know dreams of a nice guy, who wants to spend the rest of their life with the opposite of a nice guy. Just think of what the world would be like without you guys! You are the only thing that keeps all guys from being creeps or asses if you will. Your parents did the right thing, you can be a nice guy and not get ran over, that is your challenge in life. You can do it! Don't change, you are what gives the decent good girls hope and something wonderful to dream about.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
What ever drugs you are using please pass it along.
hahahaha.......ohhhh wow......scary. Just scary.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
wowwww........that's deep
actually I am far from confused,I know myself very well.No reason to feel for me.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
actually I am far from confused,I know myself very well.No reason to feel for me.
alrightythen.......my bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships