Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:30 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
shes got a life to live...
Exactly. Try going for a doctorate degree AND working at the same time - it isn't as if you have a lot of disposable hours to play social butterfly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 02:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Your comments are so callous. She didn't say her cousin could not be friends with other people. She is being snubbed by her relative. That is painful. She also set boundaries with her cousin and she is not obeying the boundaries. Can't you understand that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
shes got a life to live. she went to school. that happens. when kids go aawy to college they get wrapped up in stuff. its normal. maybe she got too wrapped up in it that she had to quit school. who knows. im sure she is going thru some stuff as well.

if you trully consider them your family, then you wouldnt see them as someone who shafted you. she went away to school. you make it seem like she did such a horrible thing, molested your daughter, branded her with the iron.

this is not a reason to not trust some one. i dont see a violation of trust here. i just see hurt feelings because things are not the way they used to be. that happens. this is life. people drift in and out of life.

i have friends that i have not spoken with or seen in months, because of distance. do i think they are bad people? no! i just understand the reality of life. especially for a young indivudual tryin to establish themselevs as an adult.

this isnt the high school idea of friends. YOU HAVE TO BE MY FRIEND AND MY FRIEND ONLY!!!

this is not a big deal. as you get older you will realize that people have different responsibilites. as for forgiveness, there should have been nothing to forgive in the first place.

good luck. dont you have other relatives? friends? family? in the area to help with your daughter. get her some playmates. and then when auntie shows up for her monthly visit it wont be that bad.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:33 PM

But you can return emails, texts, and make phone calls. I have been in graduate school for a while and have had plenty of FREE time to talk, email, and interact with others. You people make up excuses that are a bunch of BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Exactly. Try going for a doctorate degree AND working at the same time - it isn't as if you have a lot of disposable hours to play social butterfly...

Old 08-15-2008, 02:34 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
I agree with Phil!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:36 PM

Says the guy who only has one cheerful day out of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I agree with Phil!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:36 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
But you can return emails, texts, and make phone calls.
I guess this is what makes me the most mad......I'm busy too with Work full time, school full time, a 5 year old, a 29 year old (lol) a house to maintain etc.......but I always make time for ppl who mean a lot ot me......I truly wouldn't be mad if it were just me as I would just chalk it up to the wind but when I see my daughters face and have to sit there and fumble around for an answer when she asks is really disheartening.........

Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
But you can return emails, texts, and make phone calls. I have been in graduate school for a while and have had plenty of FREE time to talk, email, and interact with others. You people make up excuses that are a bunch of BS.
When I was in grad school, youngin', there WERE no emails or texts. There was only the phone. And that was a luxury, finding the time to use it.

You must be taking some easy courses.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:45 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
When I was in grad school, youngin', there WERE no emails or texts. There was only the phone. And that was a luxury, finding the time to use it.

You must be taking some easy courses.
lol Phil.....rofl.......oh geez

Okay....I guess you can be off the hook seeing as how your dinosaur ate your homework

KIDDDDIINNNGGG!!!!!!!

<3

Old 08-15-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I guess this is what makes me the most mad......I'm busy too with Work full time, school full time, a 5 year old, a 29 year old (lol) a house to maintain etc.......but I always make time for ppl who mean a lot ot me......I truly wouldn't be mad if it were just me as I would just chalk it up to the wind but when I see my daughters face and have to sit there and fumble around for an answer when she asks is really disheartening.........
Let's clear something up - did she PROMISE to keep in touch on a regular basis? Or did she say she'd TRY? Big difference, right?

Speaking of fumbling around - I never got an answer as to why everyone in my family started dying off when I was 7, even though I asked a LOT of people...sometimes life just happens. Perhaps these early lessons could be beneficial to your daughter, in a way that we can't see right now...

Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
lol Phil.....rofl.......oh geez

Okay....I guess you can be off the hook seeing as how your dinosaur ate your homework

KIDDDDIINNNGGG!!!!!!!

<3

...and I did my thesis on a rotted log with a sharp stone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships