Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times

Advertisements

*shrug* whatever that means. I turned out to be better looking than most of the popular jocks from back in the day, some of them have let themselves go even
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 08:53 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,895,511 times
Yeah, sure, right, thats the ticket....

Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
We already went over the shallow insults, guess you missed the memo. Here's how the score works out:

Jonathan: 1 philosophy book published, 1 top-of-his-class philosophy degree.
You: 0 philosophy books, no philosophy degree.

So who is shallow here? You don't know anything compared to what I do -- you couldn't beat me in a debate if I contracted tourettes syndrome right before it. So give it a rest with the shallow insults. I'm so deep that if I were the ocean and the Titanic sunk in me, it would still be falling to the bottom as we speak. You're so shallow not even a microbe would be submerged if you were a puddle.
LOL...are you really keeping score? How funny. You really are a child.

Two novels published, and a multi-million dollar consultancy built from scratch and sold. Phi Beta Kappa and Masters Degree. Guest lecturer to MBA programs, including Vanderbilt and Emory. Featured in the Wall Street Journal, AdWeek, Millimeter, and Print Magazine. Semi-retired at 44 with holdings in commercial property. Speaker at conferences. Currently negotiating a column in a respected British publication. All you have is a lousy philosophy degree, and a dinky philosophy book that was probably self-published. Come back when you actually have something to brag about.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
I could care less about your achievements and you could care less about mine, but my point was only that you aren't going to pin some "shallow" label on me for having "must be attractive" on my list of qualities I look for in girls I date. That's just a joke. I have a list of 100 things I want in a girl I date, and 1 of them is looks, and you call me shallow? Where the hell did you get your Master Degree, you can't even understand the English language properly! If you could, you wouldn't have called me shallow since you would understand the definition. You bragging about your achievements just makes it worse because it means you made it this far without understanding basic English, which is pretty funny if you think about it.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I could care less about your achievements and you could care less about mine, but my point was only that you aren't going to pin some "shallow" label on me for having "must be attractive" on my list of qualities I look for in girls I date. That's just a joke. I have a list of 100 things I want in a girl I date, and 1 of them is looks, and you call me shallow? Where the hell did you get your Master Degree, you can't even understand the English language properly! If you could, you wouldn't have called me shallow since you would understand the definition. You bragging about your achievements just makes it worse because it means you made it this far without understanding basic English, which is pretty funny if you think about it.
The difference is that I'm outlining my achievements because you upped the ante, my friend. I've been on this forum for months and never really felt the need to volunteer them to anybody, while you're blurting out your meager ones as some weird and ultimately insecure tactic to cow others on the board. And the shallowness on your part is self-evident.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,726,774 times
I have a GED and a library card.

However, I speak fluent Texan, can navigate any subway system in the world, and have the world's largest collection of unmatched gloves.

Is that impressive enough for ya yet, huh?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Doesn't any competitive person keep score?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
That is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I have a GED and a library card.

However, I speak fluent Texan, can navigate any subway system in the world, and have the world's largest collection of unmatched gloves.

Is that impressive enough for ya yet, huh?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Doesn't any competitive person keep score?
No. Only the insecure ones. I've sat in a lot of meetings with people more accomplished than I am, and they've never felt a need to mention anything about their lives. Down to earth people, mostly.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
You mean "I could not care less."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships