U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 PM
 
Location: So Cal
38,233 posts, read 37,216,208 times
Reputation: 38974

Advertisements

Went down to the beach today, was supposed to go yesterday but the weather was a little goofy. Enjoyed the sun watched some kids play in the sand. Made myself an adult beverage and felt the warmth of the sun on my face. Not a bad day.

Having a cocktail right now, might even do a little posting on good ol C-D.

 
Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
 
Location: In a delirium
2,588 posts, read 4,813,856 times
Reputation: 1374
Was rid of a hangover by 9am. That made me happy.
 
Old 08-30-2008, 10:04 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,009,800 times
Reputation: 7376
Drove down to our vacation house, took a nap(Rarity!!), my dad came down, went out on the boat and hung out on the beach with the family.

Good day!
 
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 PM
 
Location: So Cal
38,233 posts, read 37,216,208 times
Reputation: 38974
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Was rid of a hangover by 9am. That made me happy.
Man, I thought I was the only drunk here
 
Old 08-31-2008, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 76,422,515 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I've been known to through a few back and do a little postin myself.
I thought that goes without saying! Do you mean to tell me I shouldn't post from home...?! I don't think my posts vary greatly during the day and in the evening.
 
Old 08-31-2008, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 76,422,515 times
Reputation: 22814
I had a wonderful day yesterday! My date (moi ) was great! I only wish she was making some more money and didn't kill me making me walk all day, but other than that she's fine!

Went to a demo class at a craft store in an attempt to learn some techniques I've been meaning to pick for a long time. Two girls were making memory boards. Since I don't normally interact with kids, observing them was quite interesting, too. They were like oil and water. The first one was kind of reserved. She had a clear idea what she wanted to do, did it, finished it, and politely didn't take any suggestions for additions. The other one was all smiles, enthusiastic and messy, doing everything without giving it much thought. She'd do anything everybody else suggested and there was no end to her project... She kept going until she ran out of materials, moving on to other things using the scraps. Her final product wasn't nearly as good, but she was happy...

Then went to some furniture stores to look at accessories. Got some ideas and bought some stuff. Trying really hard to revive my former passion... Since I never got to do the "nesting" thing while married (long story...), I wanna do it now, but it's a love/hate situation. The problem is I'm impatient and doing it on a single effort and skills and a single income frustrates me. The other problem is I don't trust any of my decisions anymore and keep procrastinating...

Went also to a very elaborate Mexican Catholic mass. They were celebrating the patron saint of the cathedral and Tucson's birthday. There was a mariachi band (kids), elaborate costumes, etc. It was great! Only that I was pretty tired already and was hoping to rest in the church, but these Catholics sure make you stand up a lot. There was a celebration after that in a nearby park. I was there for a little while before the mass and didn't stay long after it as I felt the effing storm coming again. Just got some food to go and it started pouring only a few minutes after I got into my car. Hope our monsoon lovers on my local board are happy another activity (of soooo many to choose from ) was ruined.
 
Old 08-31-2008, 11:20 AM
 
4 posts, read 7,836 times
Reputation: 12
I sent out an unexpected, heartfelt card to my Mother. I send a heartfelt card to someone I care about every single day. I used to be terrible at card sending, but now I am an expert. This system I found is incredible. I choose from cards online or create my own with my images, type a message (in my own handwriting font!) click send. That is it! The company prints the card and mails it on demand. I love this system. It is so much fun! That is how I send out positive vibes to the world everyday. As a result my life is blessed because of it.

Harley
The Referral Movie - Unique Autopilot System
 
Old 08-31-2008, 11:34 AM
 
Location: TX
5,412 posts, read 13,937,146 times
Reputation: 1699
Smokey, you had a busy day yesterday. So did all that make you ?

I'll have to call up my sister and wish her a happy b-day for Tucson. She'll probably ask me WTF.
 
Old 08-31-2008, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 76,422,515 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Smokey, you had a busy day yesterday. So did all that make you ?
Yeah, it was a pretty good day. It definitely didn't make me UNhappy as bad company would... Truth be told, even if it didn't start raining, I was too beat to stay longer.

Quote:
I'll have to call up my sister and wish her a happy b-day for Tucson. She'll probably ask me WTF.
Most likely...

Whatcha up to, wolfie? Today is gloomy here and I'll spend most of the day in horizontal position with my decorating books and magazines. If I get inspired, I might start shoving things around.
 
Old 08-31-2008, 12:43 PM
 
13,779 posts, read 23,009,800 times
Reputation: 7376
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I had a wonderful day yesterday! My date (moi ) was great! I only wish she was making some more money and didn't kill me making me walk all day, but other than that she's fine!

Went to a demo class at a craft store in an attempt to learn some techniques I've been meaning to pick for a long time. Two girls were making memory boards. Since I don't normally interact with kids, observing them was quite interesting, too. They were like oil and water. The first one was kind of reserved. She had a clear idea what she wanted to do, did it, finished it, and politely didn't take any suggestions for additions. The other one was all smiles, enthusiastic and messy, doing everything without giving it much thought. She'd do anything everybody else suggested and there was no end to her project... She kept going until she ran out of materials, moving on to other things using the scraps. Her final product wasn't nearly as good, but she was happy...

Then went to some furniture stores to look at accessories. Got some ideas and bought some stuff. Trying really hard to revive my former passion... Since I never got to do the "nesting" thing while married (long story...), I wanna do it now, but it's a love/hate situation. The problem is I'm impatient and doing it on a single effort and skills and a single income frustrates me. The other problem is I don't trust any of my decisions anymore and keep procrastinating...

Went also to a very elaborate Mexican Catholic mass. They were celebrating the patron saint of the cathedral and Tucson's birthday. There was a mariachi band (kids), elaborate costumes, etc. It was great! Only that I was pretty tired already and was hoping to rest in the church, but these Catholics sure make you stand up a lot. There was a celebration after that in a nearby park. I was there for a little while before the mass and didn't stay long after it as I felt the effing storm coming again. Just got some food to go and it started pouring only a few minutes after I got into my car. Hope our monsoon lovers on my local board are happy another activity (of soooo many to choose from ) was ruined.
I wish you lived closer...that sounds like a perfect day to me I love to take classes, regardless of the type!

Glad to hear your "date" was great!! Did you get any pics of the Mass?? As an Episcopalian, we don't have as rich a history as tha Catholics and we don't get cool costumes...just robes If you took any pics, I'd love to see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top