Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 01:41 PM

27 posts, read 115,468 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that for me, a guy's attitude and the way he carries and regards himself impacts my attraction for him. I've known guys that were really good looking but they had extremely low self-esteem and that for me killed the attraction and then I've known guys that were decent looking - but nothing to get excited over - yet because of the way their attitude the attraction toward them was crazy.

I've also found myself attracted to guys based on "who they were", kwim?

Am I the only one like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 01:45 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,932,532 times
Well, it cuts both ways.

There is a woman at our church with the two most beautiful daughters you've ever seen. Both are in their late teens or early 20s. Seriously drop-dead gorgeous. Yet they never smile. As in ever. As in they are sullen creatures. Who would want to approach a woman like that under any circumstances?

Old 08-17-2008, 01:50 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,575,025 times
Let me be honest here.....my husband is not the best looking creature, but it was his confidence in himself that attracted me to him.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:51 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,828,796 times
I think its very important but it depends on the attitude that a person likes. When I first met my wife, one of the things that kind of attracted me to her (other than the fact that she really is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen) is that she had kind of a bitc*y personaility. Not mean, just kind of bitc*y. Think Karina Smirnoff on Dancing With The Stars. But once I got to know her, she turned out to be one of the sweetest nicest people in the world.

But that initial "bad girl" or "eastern European smugness" really attracted me to her.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:57 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,162,521 times
I think everyone is like this on basic interaction.

My old roomate and I would play a game when we would go out and act as a charachter type. Body lang, subject of conversation, clothing...the works...(acting practice and boredom killer)

It affected how everyone treated us majorly.

Its really strange to actually make yourself walk in another persons shoes.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:20 PM

21,860 posts, read 19,012,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethC View Post
I've noticed that for me, a guy's attitude and the way he carries and regards himself impacts my attraction for him. I've known guys that were really good looking but they had extremely low self-esteem and that for me killed the attraction and then I've known guys that were decent looking - but nothing to get excited over - yet because of the way their attitude the attraction toward them was crazy.

I've also found myself attracted to guys based on "who they were", kwim?
i have to totally agree with you here
attitudes that for me are a total turn off are when someone is arrogant, or a name-dropper, or boastful, or showy-offy, or absorbed in their looks or their clothes or their car or their money

and attitudes that make a person shine for me and make them sooooooo attractive in terms of wanting to be with them or get to know them better include direct eye contact, eyes that sparkle, laughs easily, present in the moment (as in not distracted), really listens, courteous to those around them, and speaks kindly rather than critically

Old 08-17-2008, 02:34 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,186,568 times
Attitude definitely attracts people to one another. My husband has an easy laugh and a quick smile but he also gives off a feeling that everything is possible in this world...he has a contagious quality of hope and that definitely attracted me to him. And he is not too sore on the eyes, if you know what I mean.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:38 PM

355 posts, read 1,373,762 times
I think attitude is very important. Attitude is everything. I think a lot of people are self conscious and develop great personalities to compensate. I have met some ridiculousy handsome men with horrible attitudes.....like they are all that and a bag of chips. Pfffffft
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships