Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM

128 posts, read 355,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Yes, my dear, it is UP to you to feel whatever you wish to feel, because it is UP TO YOU on how to respond to your environment. If your husband is to have a lunch (business) w/ good ol' Pam Andy, well, you can choose to be jealous, and then make HER think that you're just another possessive wife who cannot "let" your husband do what he needs to do, OR, you can befriend Pam, and make her think that you're the coolest wife there is for a man!

But, then again, maybe I think this way because I wouldn't be jealous. Different strokes for different women, I guess.
its not even so much about the jealousy, although i admit, i would be jealous. its about the respect. business is business. i have to have business lunches all the time with men here at work. but NEVER alone. and just because you have good intentions, doesn't mean the person you are with does.
and trust me, my husband DOES think i'm the coolest wife in the world. he has everything in the world he could ever want (minus pam anderson). lol. i just bought him a harley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Yes, my dear, it is UP to you to feel whatever you wish to feel, because it is UP TO YOU on how to respond to your environment. If your husband is to have a lunch (business) w/ good ol' Pam Andy, well, you can choose to be jealous, and then make HER think that you're just another possessive wife who cannot "let" your husband do what he needs to do, OR, you can befriend Pam, and make her think that you're the coolest wife there is for a man!

But, then again, maybe I think this way because I wouldn't be jealous. Different strokes for different women, I guess.
sooo your recomending fakeness? bcs that's what it would be right? you wouldn't really love ol' pam that much would ya??

Nice.....wayyyy creepy but whatever....to each his own i guess

Old 08-18-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockrover View Post
Talk to the lady at class. Have lunch with your wife.

You're a guy, come up with a creative excuse as to why you can't have lunch. We're pretty good at those. Eventually she'll leave it be. And don't think of giving the "I could lose a potential good friend/colleague if I turn her down", because that's horse crap. She's 15 years younger than you and sexually attractive....friends at your age are people you can sit around and have a beer with. From the sounds of it, she ain't built for friendship, Tex.
THANK you! great comment!! i do that with the guys here at work all the time. and i'll tell you one thing...girls can be very manipulative and put a man in a position where even if he didn't do anything wrong...well a lot could happen. and i do not carry my husbands balls in my purse. (i hate purses). he just respects that about me. its an unwritten rule. i don't hang out with the guys too much, he doesn't have private luncheons. but if he decides he wants to go hang out with the boys, ride the bike, go to the game, take the boat fishing...whatever. totally cool with me. he just says, babe, i'll be back. i'm going fishing. i'll see you when i get back. no "babe, is it okay if i scratch myself?" my man is not spineless. he just respects me. that's all.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:10 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
sooo your recomending fakeness? bcs that's what it would be right? you wouldn't really love ol' pam that much would ya??

Nice.....wayyyy creepy but whatever....to each his own i guess
No, I wouldn't recommend fakeness (you mean fake body parts, right?), but I mentioned her simply because she's the first person I could think of when some men come up with the list of "hottest chicks". Personally, I'd take that chick in TRANSFORMERS any day. And this is coming from a woman's point of view by the way.

GEEZ, LOLA, you're so quick to "jump on conclusions"... do you play the "jump to conclusions" game alot (Office Space)?

Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowagirl1977 View Post
THANK you! great comment!! i do that with the guys here at work all the time. and i'll tell you one thing...girls can be very manipulative and put a man in a position where even if he didn't do anything wrong...well a lot could happen. and i do not carry my husbands balls in my purse. (i hate purses). he just respects that about me. its an unwritten rule. i don't hang out with the guys too much, he doesn't have private luncheons. but if he decides he wants to go hang out with the boys, ride the bike, go to the game, take the boat fishing...whatever. totally cool with me. he just says, babe, i'll be back. i'm going fishing. i'll see you when i get back. no "babe, is it okay if i scratch myself?" my man is not spineless. he just respects me. that's all.
Well....... so you still carry his balls? LOL!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:12 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Well, at least she wants to do lunch, not do you!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Well....... so you still carry his balls? LOL!
lol. i can't say where...we have to keep this PG-13!!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:13 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
lol......ummm lol never seen office space...

but no, I wasn't talking about fake as in body parts I was talking about being fake...as in....pretending to be nice when you don't really want to be or pretending to be okay with something when your not......

Old 08-18-2008, 02:14 PM

109 posts, read 292,644 times
Quote:

GEEZ, LOLA, you're so quick to "jump on conclusions"... do you play the "jump to conclusions" game alot (Office Space)?
I believe you have my stapler.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockrover View Post
I believe you have my stapler.
LOVE that movie!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships