Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 AM

146 posts, read 641,371 times

Advertisements

A lady I met at one of my classes, came up to me afterwords and invited me to lunch. She thought I had such good ideas in class that she wanted to discuss them with me over a meal.

I thought it was so incredibly bold to come up to me and ask me to lunch with so little upfront interaction.

Being middle aged and married, I was also a little impressed that a very pretty woman fifteen years younger than me would think I am interesting and was easy to talk to. At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too.

Any time someone is attractive and younger the sexual side comes into play doesn't it, even if there was no impression on her part that this would be an issue. Maybe she just wanted to communicate with someone new.

What is your impression?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
A lady I met at one of my classes, came up to me afterwords and invited me to lunch. She thought I had such good ideas in class that she wanted to discuss them with me over a meal.

I thought it was so incredibly bold to come up to me and ask me to lunch with so little upfront interaction.

Being middle aged and married, I was also a little impressed that a very pretty woman fifteen years younger than me would think I am interesting and was to talk to. At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too.

Any time someone is attractive and younger the sexual side comes into play doesn't it, even if there was no impression on her part that this would be an issue. Maybe she just wanted to communicate with someone new.

What is your impression?
My impression is that this is exactly how middle aged men in mide life crisis end up cheating on their wives with another person, and then end up pathetic and alone.

Chat during class or in public with other people. Your wife maybe. But to start private lunches with someone you clearly find attractive is just dumb. Sorry.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:50 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,981,290 times
I agree. Unless your wife is invited to come along, keep the chatting to class time. It is highly improper for a married woman to invite a married man she hardly knows out to lunch. If you had been long time friends or something and your wife approved, that would be different.

Speaking of your wife, why are you asking a message board this question and not her? I suspect it's because you know it's not right.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:56 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,549,712 times
I agree...is it really worth the risk of losing your wife over?

Why don't you have this exact coversation with your wife, get her approval and go from there?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:03 AM

What if she was a plain homely overweight lady 15 years older than me, who had no sex appeal. Would your response be any different?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:05 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,191 times
Can I take your wife out to "lunch?"

Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,633 times
Quote:
What if she was a plain homely overweight lady 15 years older than me, who had no sex appeal. Would your response be any different?
Not really. It does make a difference to me at least that you openly admit finding this younger woman so attractive, but people don't normally cheat based on the other persons looks. It tends to be more about how the other person makes them feel, and a homely, overweight woman who is 15 years older than you can probably make you feel just as good about yourself as a trim young thing.
Have you ever noticed how some men cheat on their GORGEOUS wife, with someone much less attractive.

It sounds like you need to pull yourself together.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:

Being middle aged and married, I was also a little impressed that a very pretty woman fifteen years younger than me would think I am interesting and was easy to talk to. At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too.

What is your impression?
she fed your ego

Let me ask you this question...how would your wife feel about going to lunch with this woman?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
she fed your ego

Let me ask you this question...how would your wife feel about going to lunch with this woman?
I told my wife about this lady and asked her about the lunch. She said that as long as it was similar to the lunches I have with different woman friends in the office, it would be fine. Though I did not say how attractive the woman was.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,058,777 times
Quote:
I told my wife about this lady and asked her about the lunch. She said that as long as it was similar to the lunches I have with different woman friends in the office, it would be fine. Though I did not say how attractive the woman was.
And why not?

I think you need to invite your wife to lunch with you and the classmate or skip lunch altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships