Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:56 PM

73 posts, read 320,469 times

Advertisements

Here's my story, maybe not the most romantic though

I saw my friends car at a local diner, stopped in, said hi. He was there with some other mutual friends including this one girl- Just beautiful. Had a great sense of humor, attractive, the whole nine. I gave her my number as she left. As i was leaving, my good friend who worked their was just coming into work. I told him 'I just met the girl I'm going to marry' He didn't beleive, not sure how I knew, but surely enough, 16 weeks later, we tied the knot. (and for those who might say, you knew her for 4 months and got married!?!, we've just celebrated our 4 year, 2 month and 16 day anniversary today)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
I didn't really feel a lightening bolt when I first met my now husband. He just made me laugh and there was definite attraction.
The nauseatingly romatic part for us was that he told me he loved me for the first time while we were at the Taj Mahal in India. It really is quite a special place, and sticks with me for that reason.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:06 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Here I go...

My huusband and I met when we were 12 years old. He was working in his fathers store and I came in with my grandmother. She said " That nice young man really has taken a likin' to you" and I can remember being at the checkout line and thinking "ICK. Grannie be quiet".

So, we had mutual friends and always sort of had a pulse on what the other was doing.

In high school we dated, went to homecoming and prom together and we broke up, why I don't know why, when I graduated.

I left for school 12 hours away and never looked back.

I got engaged, was going to school and living my life. Well, that ended up not working out so well. I broke off the engagement 3 weeks before the wedding and I landed a job overseas with a major news agency as a photographer.

While I was waiting to leave to go overseas, I came back home to visit family and friends (pre cell phone days). I went out to see a friend out of town overnight and while I was gone my little brother was in a bad car accident.

In an attempt to get in touch with me, my mother called everyone I had ever known and she got hold of my best friends little brother.

This is where it gets crazy... my best friends younger brother took the call from my mother and left for a party. At the party, he ran into my future husband. They were drinking and trying to figure out how they knew one another and then the lightbulb went off ... "Mrstewart"(not real name, of course!)

My future husband was with his girlfriend of 3 years and in a drunken state he said "I would marry Mrstewart if she came back here".

Well, the next day, I had to call everyone back who my mother had called to let them know my brother was fine and I had been found!

I got hold of my friends brother and he said " you will never believe who I ran into last night... ________". You should give him a call when you get the chance." He never mentioned that marriage had been mentioned or I would NEVER have called.

So, I called my future husband. The phone rang and rang and FINALLY someone answered and was out of breath. I said his name and he said " Oh my God, it's you". He was out of breath because he was riding his bike to a class (grad school) and turned around half way there. He had NEVER missed a class until that day.

We talked, I told him I was home for a few weeks and I said "It would be fun to catch up while I am home" . To that he repied "Have you eaten dinner yet?" and he was at my house in less than 30 minutes and we have not been apart since.

He was in a pickle because he had to break up with his girlfriend, but it was meant to be.

We married a few months later. We ran off too the courthouse after his final exam and dragged some of our friends along.

We have 6 kids, 3 dogs, a cat, 2 hamsters and love each other today like we did then.

I hope you find happiness like I have. He is a blessing.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsieB View Post
...there has to be some electricity out there
Oh, honey, don't get me wrong... Electricity I know about! I'm a licensed electrician! I thought you were asking about fairy-tale stories.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:10 PM

220 posts, read 762,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Here I go...

My huusband and I met when we were 12 years old. He was working in his fathers store and I came in with my grandmother. She said " That nice young man really has taken a likin' to you" and I can remember being at the checkout line and thinking "ICK. Grannie be quiet".

So, we had mutual friends and always sort of had a pulse on what the other was doing.

In high school we dated, went to homecoming and prom together and we broke up, why I don't know why, when I graduated.

I left for school 12 hours away and never looked back.

I got engaged, was going to school and living my life. Well, that ended up not working out so well. I broke off the engagement 3 weeks before the wedding and I landed a job overseas with a major news agency as a photographer.

While I was waiting to leave to go overseas, I came back home to visit family and friends (pre cell phone days). I went out to see a friend out of town overnight and while I was gone my little brother was in a bad car accident.

In an attempt to get in touch with me, my mother called everyone I had ever known and she got hold of my best friends little brother.

This is where it gets crazy... my best friends younger brother took the call from my mother and left for a party. At the party, he ran into my future husband. They were drinking and trying to figure out how they knew one another and then the lightbulb went off ... "Mrstewart"(not real name, of course!)

My future husband was with his girlfriend of 3 years and in a drunken state he said "I would marry Mrstewart if she came back here".

Well, the next day, I had to call everyone back who my mother had called to let them know my brother was fine and I had been found!

I got hold of my friends brother and he said " you will never believe who I ran into last night... ________". You should give him a call when you get the chance." He never mentioned that marriage had been mentioned or I would NEVER have called.

So, I called my future husband. The phone rang and rang and FINALLY someone answered and was out of breath. I said his name and he said " Oh my God, it's you". He was out of breath because he was riding his bike to a class (grad school) and turned around half way there. He had NEVER missed a class until that day.

We talked, I told him I was home for a few weeks and I said "It would be fun to catch up while I am home" . To that he repied "Have you eaten dinner yet?" and he was at my house in less than 30 minutes and we have not been apart since.

He was in a pickle because he had to break up with his girlfriend, but it was meant to be.

We married a few months later. We ran off too the courthouse after his final exam and dragged some of our friends along.

We have 6 kids, 3 dogs, a cat, 2 hamsters and love each other today like we did then.

Wow! that is an AMAZING story! ugh, my heart almost hurts! I am so happy for you!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, honey, don't get me wrong... Electricity I know about! I'm a licensed electrician! I thought you were asking about fairy-tale stories.
You are a licensed electrician???? That is cool! I wish you were a plumber...I have a question

Old 08-20-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Wow, quite a story! Such stories make Pollyannas alright...

Old 08-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, quite a story! Such stories make Pollyannas alright...
I was surely not a Pollyanna until we got married. My life was on the fast track to hell. He is the Rock of Gibraltar at my home. If it had been up to me, I would have my flip flops, camera and a toothbrush with no other responsibities in the world. My life sure is different than I thought it would be.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:20 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
I'm waiting for Phil to start off his story with "I met her at the graveyard" ...or "I ran into my first love at the circus, in the fun house"...

Old 08-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
You are a licensed electrician???? That is cool! I wish you were a plumber...I have a question
Honey... are you OK? I've got two left lands! Haven't you noticed how I always whine about that. I was joking about the electric love stories.

Btw, this reminds me of the year I spent in an engineering school...electrical major... My poor Mom was saying that's the worst major ever - in the others at least I could only break machines whereas in this one I could get killed. Engineering and I didn't get along and parted ways early enough, so I didn't take a chance with my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships